Stereo

ITT: Modern stereos that look good in old cars. Because most like pic related just don't.

Name your favourite sleek, classy, minimalist or retro stereos.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sony-XAV-AX100-Android-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B01MF9W0GU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cletus just left some wires hanging in my car. At least he had the courtesy to hook up an aux cord but I don't know if that even works

The stop head unit with an AUX input modded in

Yeah that's a legit way to go about it, but what if you want bluetooth?

(And not just bluetooth module to aux in between)

Honestly this isn't bad at all, the music and calling controls are easier to use than a touch screen while driving and I have the mic placed near me for better voice quality

Bluetooth 4.1 already had much higher throughput and 5.0 will have higher throughput than CDs

Oh yeah, I mean believe that for sure!

But my point was more to try and find a modern stereo that looks good too.
Something like pic related.
Unfortunately this has no bluetooth, and i'm unsure about the quality anyway.
But looks just makes it fit in real nice.

Fuck me, I think I just got myself hooked on the look of that Kienzle

Clarion FZ102

I like most of Blaupunkt's stuff, really fits a wide range of cars and a lot of their units appear pretty OEM

I had a jvc chameleon in high school... really liked the fact that it'd go flat and dark whenever I wanted it to, and the motorized face, dial and button pad were neat too. I figure something like pic related would look decent in a classic car... preferably in flat face mode though

Alright, another search shows there is a version of it with bluetooth, yay!

Looks good user

>Unfortunately this has no bluetooth, and i'm unsure about the quality anyway.

Kienzle is simple but good quality stuff.
1016BT and 1116BT radios have bluetooth.

This is the stereo I've been looking at getting for so long, and now it's available at a local store for $60, but the Japanese stereo that came with my car has really grown on me even though it looks like rice shit.

I don't know what to do.

Bluetooth 5 will have a *theoretical* throughput of greater than a CD. That's for an instant, under perfect circumstances, not continuous.

Theoretical and real-world throughput are two entirely different things.

Bluetooth receiver -> RCA -> CD changer input
Retains other functions of the radio, CD changer source selection just functions as bluetooth in

where can you find kinzle for sale? Not in USA?

Volkswagen Gamma

that type of dashboard brings back fucking memories.... thank you user

ebay?

bumping

The parrot asteroid looks really good in an e36

And yet it'll still be better than janky ass CD players from 20 years ago that love skipping

Is AUX > BT?

You have to use your phone's touch screen to control music and calls through AUX. At least with bluetooth you can control through the car's stereo or steering wheel controls

>but the quality difference that I won't be able to hear!

Oh yeah, I forgot AUX can't do that, lol

The difference between aux and BT is very much audible, grandpa. Just because your hearing is fucking shit, doesn't mean everyone elses is.

Nice, I want one with BT for my e46. It's so hard to find something fitting e46 with orange lcd these days

Stop using flea market bluetooth adapters, fuck nugget

Same. My E34 came with a disco for a head unit but I finally got it to automatically change colors for night mode and put all my stations on it so I'm no longer bothered enough to pay for a new one

>Adapters
So you're even more of a retard than you are letting on.

Also holy shit, E34 alpina? Requesting post pics

it will be better regardless because the codec used in modern BT is better than an audio CD in terms of compression

I bet you're the retard who thinks he can hear the difference between 320kmps mp3s and FLAC in your rattlebox Civic

What? Yeah, no. That's so far out in left field, you aren't even in the same stadium anymore. Hell, you aren't even in the same sport.

He's right though
>muh CD kwality in muh shitbox

Unless you're driving an isolation chamber S Class with a $10k Burmester sound system you're not going to hear the difference
And this is the part where you tell me to get better hearing after you spent you entire high school career listening to Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance screeching through Apple Earbuds™

i tore my dad's stereo out of his old beater work van and tried to shove a the radio from my old car into it, but the radio acts like its getting no power at all.
i checked the cables and my ground wire is correct, constant power and full power are also correct. i did leave the wire for the dimmer switch undone but i've read that doesnt matter. anyone know what the problem could be? i looked my radio up to see if it had some sort of security mode i might've triggered by accident but couldnt find anything.

Wierd, maybe it's just broken?

I mean it's not like his van is permanently coupled with one exact radio like with new Porsches?

i dont think so, but i ordered a new $20 unit of amazon anyways since it has usb which'll be here today
definitely not

Gorgeous.

>apple earbuds
You have no idea.

For my home stereo, I have a Marantz turntable with an Ortofon Black cartridge, a Denon integrated amp driving Advent speakers and a custom made subwoofer that is accurate down to 21Hz. I designed it after taking the Thiele-Small measurements of several different speakers using my Dayton Audio DATS2, I chose the best, then modeling the speaker in LEAP for maximum linearity and bottom octave extension. A good friend of mine is a cabinet maker whose shop has a CNC router. He put it together for me. It's not high end at all, but it ain't bad, either. There's certainly worse, for sure.

In my car, I use original German made MB Quart QM series component speakers driven by American made Linear Power amps and processors. It doesn't sound quite as good as my home setup, but it's pretty damned close.

For my recordings, I prefer original pressings or Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs remasters. Standard remasters are absolute dogshit. To find out which copies are original pressings, I go to discogs and get the catalog number. I use that catalog number to first try my local record shop, and if they don't have it, I search eBay and Amazon not by the album title, but by the catalog number.

When tuning my stereo, I wanted it to sound as lifelike as possible, so I taught myself to play the Bass. I also attend a lot of concerts and go to bars to hear live music because you can't possibly know what music is supposed to sound like until you actually hear music for yourself.

tl;dr - if you can't hear the difference between an mp3 and a CD, even in your car, you are either deaf as a post, or your stereo has all the fidelity of an alarm clock radio, or both.

Nice pasta. Can I use it in the future?

What car though?
>inb4 rattle can civic

Probably one of my all time favorite stereos, even though it is a bit dated, subtle enough to work with most cars

2004 Mazda 3 that I've done extensive soundproofing to. I used SoundSkins. I also used FAST rings behind all of my speakers.

Hell, just doing your doors and using the FAST rings made a tremendous difference. I went ahead and went whole hog though, because I ripped my interior out anyway when I did my install.

The install of the stereo in my car took just about 200 hours. I even custom made all of my interconnects using REAN ends on Canare Star-Quad mic cable. All of my wiring is American made OFC, so I know it's true to gauge. The best power wire to use is Royal Excelene welding cable. American made, very inexpensive, very flexible, and true to gauge. For a battery, I used an AGM Platinum from Advance using their coupon code. Great battery at a very, very fair price.

But did you use automotive grade cable risers? If the speaker cables come in contact with the rusty body it can distort and add noise to the signal

You are a fucking idiot that has me confused with people who don't believe in science.

Just because you've never heard a good stereo in your life doesn't mean they don't exist. And by stereo, I mean actual stereo, with distinct left and right channels, not the mono that most people have experienced or even build.

good trips
bad poster

But I have experienced a good stereo, a $10k Burmester in an S Class that's worth more than your house

I hope to god you're just trolling and didn't actually spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars just to make a 2004 Mazda 3 sound slightly less shit

>Hundreds of hours
Yes
>Thousands of dollars
No. Hundreds. I bought all of my stuff second hand or open box, saving those said thousands. Yes, it absolutely is thousands in MSRP, but I spent probably 30% of that.

Audiophiles, not even once

Okay so, anyone with an older Nissan w/ black plastic centre console detailing take note, my 95 R33 has a factory 2012ish Nissan head unit in it installed by the previous owner and it looks literally perfect. Not sure what it's from, maybe a Navara, but I literally didn't even notice it wasn't stock original until I noticed it had little blutooth and MP3 icon's on it and I thought to myself "I don't remember having bluetooth in the 90s.".

Goddamn, I'll take a picture some time and post it here, but it's really cool to see a manufacturer maintain a certain level of consistency along their time line. Even lights up the exact same colour as my stock gauges and dash buttons at night.

Literally the first thing I found, it's 40 eurobucks in my coutry. Doesn't even look bad, although I'd have preferred red or orange lighting over blue.

I can't find this anywhere without ridiculous shipping costs

so this is what weaponized autism looks like

Try this one op

Goddamn you for posting this picture. Now I need one for my e30

I need a nice DAB radio, got to have AUX as well

Audio gear isn't needed

>There are people, in this thread no less, that think BT audio sounds good
>These people share the same board with you, and continue to post their ignorance daily
Really activates the ol' almonds.

Solid head unit tho. I have one now. I dig it.

Lmao, thats literally the one I have right now.

It's good though. Just too flashy

Anybody know of anything that would work well in a 2000 Blazer?

Not exactly related but are there any good, cheap android double din head units that anyone would recommend?

More like it's good enough for the shitboxes people here drive
>b-but muh $500 Mazda 3 with a $1000 sound system

Something like this that officially supports Android Auto and not those chink made tablet in a head unit abominations. It's like $500 for the Sony vs $300 for a chink unit that's almost usable (anything cheaper is absolute garbage with a 5 year old budget phone CPU)

amazon.com/Sony-XAV-AX100-Android-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B01MF9W0GU

song not related

>Quality
>Inexpensive
>Double DIN

You may choose only two.