Need to buy a reliable single cab long-bed truck

>need to buy a reliable single cab long-bed truck
>majority of trucks at the dealership are 4-door short beds
>the few single cabs in stock aren't long beds and have v6/v4 engines
What the fuck happened to pickup trucks?

I'd rather not buy something too old one due to rust problems, poor performance, bad compatibility with modern fuel dispensers, etc... but god damn they had it right back then when it came to body design and practicality. Modern trucks look like mini-vans with a bed.

single cab a shit

extended cab a best

the best

>What the fuck happened to pickup trucks?
I feel you, Opie. The top three best-selling cars in America are trucks people use as cars. That's why they're all four-door short-box minivans.

My dad wanted a truck exactly as you described (but also in manual), and ended up driving to the opposite coast.

I live in a place that is hot as hell and I'd rather sacrifice a bit of space for better cooling, but otherwise extended cab is alright if you remove the crappy mini-seats.

i like the rear seats, when i was dailying my extended cab the rear seats came in handy when i had more than one passenger, and the rest of the time the seat folded up for extra storage space, so i could keep my tools inside without getting them stolen

and im sure if the ac ever worked it wouldnt take that much effort on its part to keep the extra space cool

The babby rear seats come in handy when going to the track, shitty enough to make your friends sit back their, but comfy enough they don't complain, plus a good place to keep shit you don't want stolen.
>ac
vent windows exist for a reason

>V4 engines

what

just what.

>mfw the fuel tracker gauge in my work truck says v4 when im not on the throttle and v8 when on the throttle

dat voodoo cylinder deactivation magic

Glorious threefitftyfun is all you need.
Makes a lot of noise and goes no where fast.

>300k miles
>starts up every time
>slow as shit
>lodes of good sounding vee ate noise
>10mpg downhill on a sunday with a tailwind
>randomly shakes at idle
>smells like gas

i just dont even give a fuck anymore

Any day of the week I'll take my 5.great over my 6.blow.
Might not get you their first, but it'll get you there.

ah need mah truck fer haulin

like fuck im gonna haul a broken down shitbox behind my chevy sonic, or run a load of trash to the dump in it.

this is why you own both.

>he doesn't have a comfty cruiser, a winter beater, and a truck fer haulin

vent windows can only do so much when it's 100f+ outside.

meant 4cyl but w/e. op is confirmed ignoramus.

If you're looking for a truck to get raw utility out of, just get some 20-year-old turd off Craigslist. You can usually get C1500s or F-150s from the 90s for a pretty decent price. Both platforms are reliable as fuck too. My Silverado made it past 250k miles and it's still going.

Just buy a truck like the bottom one in your pic OP. They are great trucks as long as you aren't afraid to turn a wrench every now and then. On top of that, you can upgrade to EFI and install an overdrive transmission for far, far less than it would cost to buy a brand new truck. I've driven my '78 over 70k miles since I pulled it out of a field 5 years ago.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

I recently picked up a 2001 F350 SCLB and it's a god tier truck. Not to mention it has the 7.3 Powerstroke so it pulls like a raped ape and sounds like one esp after I did the muffler/cat delete.

No one carea about your redneck american shitboxes

>Single cab
They aren't as comfortable and you can't lean back.
But that aside: people who don't actually work started buying pickup trucks as their primary vehicle.

I got picked up twice by Uber drivers that drive pickup trucks. They were hella comfy and could seat 5 just fine but what the hell.

And why would you lean back?

>v4

Why would you adjust seats and steer wheel ?

Try sleeping in a regular cab if you're over 5'5".

From experience, you're better off staying awake.

>What the fuck happened to pickup trucks?
American trucks are strictly status symbols now and no longer for work

>tfw no c10

Chicken Tax. The best you can do is get a 2014 regular cab Toyota Tacoma. The last truck made with a regular cab.

Taxes would kill me

Just as no one cares about your european pavement fagcarts.

This is a fucking disease infecting every sector of US vehicles. Everything is morphing into a minivan, shaped like something else. Big, soft passenger compartments full of creature comforts, tiny fucking brakes, tiny fucking motors, automatic transmissions. As soon as you load these things with anything more than a couple fat people, the suspension bottoms out.

A minivan with the seats pulled out can haul twice as much shit as these pathetic vehicles.

Every time I see a 'truck' with 5-bolt hubs, I die a little inside.

I swear to christ, they're going to raise the beltline so high that you won't be able to see out of the fucking things anymore.

6'3 and can comfortably sleep in a single cab s10

Sage

This was on page 10, you nigger.

> that dually with the Escalade front end

Normally I would disagree with you but that is proving your point rather well.

Why don't you get an egr delete

The used truck market is a fucking joke. That's why I'm probably leasing my new truck and you should too. That, Or take your chance with a used ex-fleet truck. You can definitely find them in single cab long bed.

There's decent used trucks everywhere where I live? What's the problem?

Decent if you want a fully loaded crew cab with a short box. Or an actual work truck that was beaten hard every day. ...all for $10k less than the brand new sticker price.

Plenty of clean daily drivers here in Indiana.

The v3 is superior

2018 f150 has a single cab option

If you want a single cab/long bed/v8 go try a fleet dealer. This shouldn't be a problem for you.

Minivans sell. The only new car buyers left are suburban soccer moms who need them to cart their shit around. If you need something heavy duty, go to a commercial dealership and pay their premium.

Shit sucks but at least with trucks you can still get what you want if you got the money.

>The last truck made with a regular cab
What are you talking about? All three American manufacture still offer single cab options. The only "truck" that doesn't offer a single cab is the Ridgeline.

OP stated he didn't want a minivan with a bed.

-9001/10

Just buy an extended cab or regular cab 80s/90s GM C/K1500 or F150. They are hella fucking cheap and not old enough to not be "compatible with modern fuel dispensers." And if you're in the south there shouldn't be any rust.

>V4

>4x4
>inside clean and like new

fucking pavement princess like a true dodge / ford

I off-road (badly) and still keep it clean. Just gotta vacuum and wash it. I don't get why having a clean truck means you don't off-road it.

The second truck isn't even real.

Also Silverados and F150s are generally the "working truck" here

this.

pick ups are are oversized hot rods that get around emission standards by being trucks.

you think /r9k/ faggots that recycle memes actually drive trucks?

>are are
slow down and drink some water

>has license
>has money
>needs mommy to drive a separate car for him and his fwiends
>implying a 20+ virgin even has friends
???

>at the dealership
fucking order a single cab long bed from the dealer then

otherwise, look for a used fleet truck

seriously, did a 12 year old do that?

Original owner of my old truck thought it saved fuel to pull off 4 plug wires.........he also try pouring gas down the carb and succeeded in setting it on fire so it was a free truck put 10k mi on that thing the sold for 700

>bad compatibility with modern fuel dispensers
What?
My thoughts
Look for a 92-96 f150 for reliablity and reg cab
Look at 97-03 for more power less reliability (due to poor matinace by PO) and extended cab

Also my 91 since people are posting these

Your just to lazy to clean your pos

Cars/trucks from the 70s don't automatically shut-off with fuel pumps and will spill/leak fuel when accidentally overfilled with gas.

Maybe this is some specific cars? I fill up a 69 chevey all the time and never had a problem.....an I thought he was looking for a truck to is not a project

Single cab? Long bed? Good for 1m km? You dont want a pick up mate you want a ute. 2ton towing, 1 ton in the bed and your choice of a 4L turbo 6 or a 5.0L v8

Modern fuel dispensers have a cutoff when fuel hits the end of the nozzle from your gas tank. If your lines and tank isnt rusty you shouldnt have a problem

there should be a fleet dealer (somewhere) near you that sells single cab with the v8.

where i bought my ford from. yea modern "trucks" are minivans.

when I asked this
I was told that it is because large bed payload makes the truck uncomfortable to drive especially when the bed is under loaded
this is due to how the springs work as they only work in a narrow range
you could get around this by under spec your main spring to make the suspension soft when the bed is empty
and have the helper spring handle the bed when fully loaded
but this is complex

so the market has shifted to smaller payloads
but greater towing capacity
the trailer can bounce about all it wants but that does not directly effect the comfort of the drivers cabin

and crew cabs are just a good place to keep your tool box secure and dry
rather than having a custom made tool box that can be loaded and locked onto the bed
also keep passengers there since the law requires each person to have a seat and belt

ford tried it once
never again
same goes the X4
that thing only ended up in henry's private boat

>not having both

>crewcab longbed

>inside littered with food crumbs and receipts

fuck why do these always hit close to home

I own cars from the 1970's and the 1930's. None of them have this problem.

Just order one then and stop whining.

In my f250 you can.

Land yacht. Usefull. But yuge.

Fuel economy.
EPA

ugh no they don't. The new minivans are cuckovers and what OP posted. The irony of every soccer mom getting an SUV/CUV/truck to escape the "soccermom mobile" meme has escaped them.

I work at the beach.
If you're gonna drive on sand:
>Carry a shovel, in case you get stuck.
>I prefer 4 high
and most importantly:
>Air down18-20psi.

You start getting stuck, air down more.
Sometimes early in the morning, i fuck around and do like 40 on the sand when no ones around.

it's actually the free market

people vote with their wallet and most people who want trucks don't actually use the bed for a whole lot of shit and don't mind having to resort to putting the gate down and using rope or just getting a fucking trailer for long shit.

last truck i saw being used for work was a short bed crew cab with a big fucking rack on top running the length of the vehicle loaded with long slabs of lumber and ladders. i think long beds might actually be false practicality, because they take away the ability to carry a work crew and it seems that the bed isn't very necessary except for smaller, heavier objects you can't lift above your head and store on a steel tube rack with ease.

Thoughts on shelby raptor Veeky Forums?

inbred rigpig cousinfuckers with more money than brains buy these

ouch

I want a truck that can do well in adverse weather while still being a decent utility driver for grocery runs or hauling heavy stuff, I don't like the look of other trucks as much as the F-150 Raptor.

>I want a truck that can do well in adverse weather
then literally anything else would be better than that turd

What's so bad about it?

ugly
unreliable
overpriced
you'll look like an 89 iq oil rig worker

What if I'm handsome?

sure you are

humor me

Work at a dealership. Fuck trying to park these boats.

Then.. just get a regular F150 4x4?

I had a folding shovel and farm jack. And I got stuck because I tried to do a multi-point turn on an uphill river beach. My bad lol.
But driving on the beach is fun, as long as you get a good spray off of everything when you get home.