Grow up in swamp and gumbo land, USA

>Grow up in swamp and gumbo land, USA
>Everyone here is an inbred hillbilly sans a few people
>Fucking hate school and the shitty theme park version of history they give me
>Try to study history independently on the side
>End up doing poorly in school because the factual information I have conflicts with test answers (ie, "The Aztecs thought the Spaniards were gods" is taught as fact in elementary school but even then I knew it was BS)
>High School Senior year
>Double up and take AP European and AP American history
>Hope to fucking god it's not whitewashed
>First day of AP American History the teacher has us watch The Patriot
>It hasn't gotten better in either class

Fuck me, why do they make history a required course if they're not even gonna teach it right?

Just tough it out till college

Does it get better in college?

God I hope so.

I know how you feel Im from louisiana(we also watched the patriot in 8th grade history lol) nobody here knows shit about history except "the war of northern aggression"

Shit man, where do you live?

I live in shreveport so I'm usually better off than the southern statesmen are, but a lot of people here are still hillbillies.

I'm pretty sure that people don't actually refer to it as that.

Do you live in Louisiana mate?

I think user and I would be the ones with more knowledge on what people say here.

Maybe if you live in the boonies (i.e. everywhere not New Orleans). I honestly don't have any experience with Northern Louisiana outside of Duck Dynasty though so its believable if you live there I guess. Or Southwestern Louisiana, especially west of Lafayette.

>Literally nobody hears about Shreveport aside from Duck Dynasty and that one mention of it in Princess and the Frog

Really? They made you watch the Patriot?

Yes.

Good film? Yeah.

Historically sound? No way.

I mean in Texas its whitewashed too especially in elementary but not to the point where they made us watch the Patriot

You guys devote a lot of time to the Alamo, right?

If you live in San Antonio. My cousins in Houston said they talk more about San Jancinto.
At least my History teacher said that Texans joining the confederacy was a mistake.

Mississippi here, we weren't forced to but the teacher had the substitute put on The Patriot one day when she was out.

Ah ok. I had very brief 1st grade education in Austin at one point, they just taught me that the Texas state bird is the Mockingbird to the tune of "The muffin man"

When I was in the Texas public school system we cycled through State, US, and World history through the grades. So 4th State, 5th US, 6th World, 7th State, 8th US, 9th World, etc.
Every US year I saw the patriot, every State year we watched some alamo movies.

is this a literal underage high school thread

holy shit

Fuck of nigger Louisiana is the shit
Now fait dodo petit gars you need to be 18 to post here

>American education

Weird, my classes never watched the Patriot.
I remember watching the Alamo three times once in elementary, another in Middle School and finally the last in highschool.

>tfw got a 5 on my AP US Gov test for commending Trudeau's nonsensensical choices for cabinet
those classes are frickin' crazy man