Are DIY car wash services Veeky Forums approved ? There opened one in the closest city

Are DIY car wash services Veeky Forums approved ? There opened one in the closest city

Any tips for it ? Or experiences ?

Should I rinse again after the wax or wipe/polish after waxing?

Local car wash street costs me 15 eurinos
I could half the costs maybe

I have my own hosepipe, bucket, sponge, chamois, and car shampoo, and don't have an HOA with bullshit rules to steal my house.
Why should I pay to wash my own car>

I am not allowed to wash my car in my garden for environment reasons and don't have equipment for it obviously

Yes, they work well and won't damage your car if you are careful. You can use the brush tool, but spray it down really well first to remove dirt.

The "wax" mode is useless. Wash it, then wax by hand after it dries. A towel will help you dry it fast and remove water marks.

>I have my own hosepipe, bucket, sponge, chamois, and car shampoo

Same, except for the hose. Use a waterless wash sometimes, works pretty well actually, provided you change towels pretty often.

Most weeks though, I just use the touchless hand wash in town. Costs like $4 for pre-soak, soap and rinse. Good for getting most of the dirt off, though it always seems to leave a layer that static clings or something to my paint. It's just a very, very light coating of fine dust that never comes off until you actually rub it down. But most weeks, it's good enough.

Also takes under 10 minutes to do the touchless wash, compared to a good 30+ minutes to hand wash it at home.

If I'm going to be doing a full detail, wash/clay/polish/seal, etc, I'll still hand wash it. Or if I just want it exceptionally shiny for whatever reason, I'll hand wash it. But most weeks, the convenience of the touchless wins out.

Bruh

Sage

Just bring your own buckets, soap, microfiber mitts and towels. Fill the buckets before you go; it will save you time and money.

mommy tell you not to ruin her flowers kiddo?

>drive a car with buckets full of water to a car wash

Sounds like a recipe for success.

On my Honda I get free washes at the local German dealership (bought it there), but my new bmw doesn't have that.

Should I just wash in my driveway? Not an environment fag but I read that the soap is bad for the local water systems, compared to washing at s commercial site.

Also, thinking about collecting rain water into a barrel from my downspout and then hooking up a hose to that because I am cheap. Would that get enough water pressure?

Any automatic or touchless washes in your area? You could do that or find a detailing service

not him but my city has a law against using soap to wash your car, if a neighbor rats you out bylaw will slap you with a $500 fine. Neighbors here love to call bylaw because it makes their small lives feel bigger somehow, I got a fine for parking my second car in front of my house because I hadn't moved it for more than 14 days, at which point the city considers a vehicle derelict.

Holy shit, I think I'd rather live in a third world country than put up with that.

Do you have a garage you could wash it in?

>just take everything you need to wash your car, including buckets full of water, to the car wash and wash your car there

This nigger can't be serious

it is because our storm drain system doesn't filter runoff before the water gets into the lakes and rivers. The big river here is supposed to be one of the best fly fishing destinations in the world and the fishing community was the big driving force behind the ban. then they got the environmentalists involved too

I do but it is dry-walled and I don't like spraying the hose in there

I went to one and the damn thing leaked tire acid all over my hood

It's things like this I'm thankful I live in a red state with zero regard for any invromental bullshit.

I take my catless v8 freedom machine to get a "brake tag"
Jimmy john checks my blinkers headlights and brake lights
He gives me a thumbs up
I hand him 10 dollars
He slaps a sticker on my windshield.

>tfw you down live in the cucked country known as Germany

Well, if the HOA won't let you wash it at home...

high school around here did a car wash so I decided to take my shitbox in

was the FFA club that did it and not cheerleaders though :/

lol here in SF there was a car wash going on that was raising money to help animal shelters. When you pull up you see three chicks with massive as tits wearing micro bikinis waving you in, but the actual wash was done by dudes wearing speedos.

I refuse to use self service or automatic car washes.

I don't have anywhere to wash my car (I rent an apt), So I drive an hour each way to my brothers house to wash my car there.

Only women and stupid ass men who dress like women use pig disguising self service car washes

Self serve ones here are great if you rush.

Quickly spray it down with the soap, rinse, spray shitty wax, rinse. It's $1/min here and usually I can wash my car for $2-3 weekly just to get bird shit off etc.

Bring your own sponges if you want to actually clean it after spraying it down, any brushes will just fuck up your clearcoat and make you want to commit suicide.

>Living in a state with mandated inspections
>Brags about"""""""""'"""""freedoms"""""""""""""""""

Nah.

where else am i going to degrease my engine compartment?

When using a DIY, be careful to not let the overhead hose touch the car. The hose is covered with gritty sand and will scratch your paint if the hose rubs over it.