Anti-static straps

I've recently learned about these things.
Are these things a meme?

for what purpose

>being a little bitch

So that the car has a static connection to the ground, preventing static shock for driver and passengers.

can't you just ground yourself by touching the a panel before you get in

Is this fucking real, how often do you shock yourself on your fucking car.

I do every time i exit my truck.

are people really faggots to the point where they're unable to cope with getting shocked and buy this piece of shit to put on their vehicle

Not OP but I live in an insanely dry/windy area and you would be surprised how much static can build up on your door. (enough to send a good jolt up your arm). Still think its a dumb and unnecessary thing to buy though.

are people really faggots to the point where they're unable to cope with stock horsepower and buy aftermarket turbos to put on their vehicle

I thought this was mostly a problem with old cars with insufficient grounding.

I can't say I've ever been zapped by my car before.

So, why should I use this instead of just putting a piece of wire there?

yeah the car has four vulcanized rubber tires though.

Grab a door panel or some metal bodywork next time you hop out, BEFORE your feet touch the ground. You're welcome.

Why is that something anyone should have to "cope" with?
>man getting zapped every time I get out of my car sure is annoying and even though it's easily remedied I'll just just deal with it instead of doing anything about it
How hard headed could a person be? Imagine anyone complaining this way about any other product.

Umbrellas
>are people really faggots to the point where they're unable to cope with getting wet and buy this piece of shit to put over their heads

Sunscreen
>are people really faggots to the point where they're unable to cope with getting burned and buy this piece of shit to put on their skin

Keyrings
>are people really faggots to the point where they're unable to cope with having loose keys and buy this piece of shit to put their keys on

You sound like such a fucking idiot

>ITT cloth seat peasants getting their ass ZAPPED

this

Yes, pretty sad I know people like to larp as racers

>rain could fuck up your clothes for the rest of the day, need to be presentable for work (presumably)
>sunscreen protects against cancer
>keyrings permanently make keys easy to manage
versus
>an instant of temporary static shock when you go to your car

During the winter at my old apartment every time I touched my key to the lock I got shocked. If you would rather buy a stupid-looking gimmick item versus dealing with a non-issue then you might be hopeless

>If you would rather buy a stupid-looking gimmick item versus dealing with a non-issue
>literally saying you prefer form over function
Your stanced coupe must look really cool, huh

All the god damn time.

The difference is rain and the sun are all real problems. Who the fuck gets shocked by their car? Especially so often they need to install an ugly stick like that.

>crash into power pole
>11kV lines fall onto car
>little earth strip creates earth path
>strip explodes due to several thousand amps of short circuit current and ignites your fuel tank
>shiggy

every time if I use my "better" shoes. never if I use my work boots.

my car shocks me every single fucking time i get out of it and im tired of it

Wouldn't this make the car less safe in the event of a lightning strike or downed power pole? Seems like it would defeat the whole Faraday cage thing.

often enough.

My friend works for the CTA so he got me like 4x industrial bus straps.

that because you wont get sick by getting low amperage high voltage static shocks, it's a minor problem, sunburns and hypothermia because of rain can cause damage to your body

lightning doesn't give a shit if your car is grounded or not.

Umbrellas and sunscreen are for fags. Deep down you know this, that's why you posted them.

Sometimes mostly during the colder months there are weeks/months I go where I get static shocked like 10 times a day . Never did find out why

Lightning technically wouldn't give a shit about your silly little strip if your car was somehow the path of least resistance, but it's highly unlikely that it ever would be.

A bigger risk is

I put one in my new camry. When I drive it really feel like it's more grounded to the ground.

so transient electrical charges wont ground through them, gotcha