Why don't they make cars in bright colors anymore?

Why don't they make cars in bright colors anymore?

Bright colors anger me.

they look tasteless

Cars are not supposed to be beautiful anymore.

I wish they made cars in the pastels and brights like they used too, earlier today I saw a 2003 Silverado but it was pastel lime green and it was probably the best lookin truck I've seen in a while

You may have noticed that the colour isn't the only thing that's slightly off the wall about that car. That entire era was characterized by a mindset a bit out of touch with reality.

No, that was their reality. Then the boomers came along and ruined it all.

I think they used to take pride in design instead of utilitarianism

do you see the world we live in?

Could it have anything to do with the fact that lead based paint was phased out?

It wasn't lead based paint, but the primer and color had some lead in it. There's nasty stuff in urethanes too, no paint was eco friendly until the waterborne stuff we have now. Either way doesn't have any effect on color/brightness.

Good to know. From my discussions with some older folks, what I know was that the lead based primer was easier to work on but good to know.

Also finish your comet.

Cars need to make me feel safe, have all the luxury options I want, and protect the environment. Anything else is just irresponsible. Sorry about your dick size, but nobody needs fast cars in flashy colors. You're just an eyesore.

>max yurofag

Imblying

Um

To hide shit lines.

it's almost like microcars don't exist

things like the mazda 2 and the mitsubishi diamante are sold in bright pastels, I think it has something to do with "this car is fun/quirky, please try and forget your budget only allows you this"

No one gets it yet? It's because those were more optimistic times. Designs reflected cultural mood.

It was bright, vibrant, and full of hope. We've grown a lot more cynical since then, as evidenced by our current designs.

The waterborne stuff is not friendly. No 2-component substance is eco friendly, they all use isocyanate as the activator and it's horrible horrible shit.

>tfw when europoor and can get any small hatch in bright coulours

I approve. Car looks happy.

It was their reality for about ten years until the economic boom INEVITABLY came crashing down, the Soviets won the space race without putting fins and rocket tail lights on their cars, the arms race almost triggered a nuclear war, and the US got bogged down in actual nasty wars like Vietnam instead of daydreaming about leading the world.

It looks kinda stern to me... I still prefer the older twingo face

>small
That Twingo feels like a fucking truck. You actually have to step up to get into it and even then it has a flat floor. It's massive. I haven't driven it on the road but I think it would be very happy there. You can steer it with a pinky.

I rented one and it was great fun to drive, really zips through traffic and the three cylinder engine sounds a bit like a porsche's

Yeah, sound's great. I love cars that sound good at city speeds.

They do. See pic related from another thread and:

t. millennial

That's positively peppy when compared with its contemporaries.

This color unironically makes my dick hard

its because you're tacky.

all that is tacky, tasteless garbage

Homosexuality ruined everything