Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Mario Spin-off General #5-D

Welcome to /mk8g/ - Best Girl edition
Last thread: Discuss Mario Kart & Mario Spin-off Games!
Wii U players welcome as well (please get a Switch ASAP though)

>Wanna know what /mk8g/ is all about?
Watch these or be a loser:
youtube.com/watch?v=bc8KzuEmXyE
youtube.com/watch?v=bNMvL7z2ub0

>Our old Wii U Miiverse page
miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073646102396

>Game Codes
Main Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc
4023-7564-6763
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) Battle
4899-8626-8715

Auxillary Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 150cc
1596-0611-9979
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Mirror
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Frantic
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) 200cc
4584-9410-2777

Other games:
--Mario Kart 7 (ask in thread) : 07-0695-1617-1935
--Mario Golf: World Tour (turns): 58-1023-1832-5422

>How do I play with you guys!?!
--First time racers:
Go to "online - one player", go to "tournaments", go to "search by code", enter our main (or auxillary) lobby code and hit "join". If you keep getting put in empty lobbies, the current one is full.
--Returning racers:
Go to "friends" from the online menu & view "recent players" list to find and join someone who is currently racing.

>Further FAQs (Tips, Esoterics, General stuff/junk):
pastebin.com/aJne6hi4

>/mk8g/ Historical Archive
pastebin.com/WpPHZwAb

>News
Update 1.1 is out.
200cc Worldwide got shit on and Inklings animation gesture was censored.

>Thread PSA:
Do not reply or respond to shitposters.
Regularly announce the number of players in a lobby.
Keep up the banter during races.
Namedropping is discouraged but posting along the lines of "Haha John Smith that green was beautiful" is not only fine; you should do it more!
Keep on posting screenshots in the thread!

>Today's protip
Practice holding the x button for longer than you are comfortable! Backsniping is a joy once you've got it down.

>protip
Lel scrubs will NEVER get backsniping down.

Spooky did nothing wrong.

I love kitty!

>Backsniping is a joy once you've got it down.
And also a dick move to others.

...and?

Moxys schizophrenic e-girlfriend who constantly fed Moxy's ego, using her moderation powers to delete posts and add insult tags to people who she didn't get along with, and forced multiple people who she didn't get along with to leave the server (most notably other females) and being the most unlikeable, hateful, and attentionwhorish assholes I've ever come into contact with from /v/
I'm not the only person who left because of her autistic behavior. I'm not one of the females who was forced to leave, I ended up being tired of Moxy and kittys bullshit and other things

Red shells are for the people in front of you, not behind you.

I don't need reds when I'm in first

Discord was a mistake. These threads have been garbage for one reason: the discord exists.

Either delete the discord or don't bother with the threads, there will never be harmony.

All things considered, this was one of the better weekends for deluxe.
200cc could keep itself going.
We could still use more banter on the threads tho

They're for whoever I want them to be for.

I was bretty gud.
Banter's a creative process kiddos; be inspired. Shooting the shit is an art.

So when I asked Nikki he said he wasn't the creator of the Switch lobbies. Can a Switch player tell me who it is then?

Kek
*It was bretty gud
Looked pretty conceited there

Chazo did nothing wrong

Did you seriously fall for that falseflag?

Anyone on 150cc Switch? I'm ready to jump back in.

I did. So Nikki is the creator like I thought and that wasn't Nikki? Got it

Everyones still on Switch right?

Who?

Could one of you eurofriends please keep this bumped through the night if nobody else posts?

boo

Eurofag back on patrol.

Also, if we can't figure out who's running the /v/kend lobbies, should we create some private ones?

And by that, I mean some /mk8g/ lobbies.

How would we do them?
Monday-Thursday weekday lobbys
Friday-Sunday /v/kend lobbys
Battle mode forever
???

Or just keep it as is but ran by someone in the general who can change rules on the fly? The points definitely have to reset each week that's for sure.

Panchito

Keep it run as is, but run by someone in the general. I'm always bumping so I don't mind doing it if needs be.

Spooky's a megalomaniac control freak, and his gang are creating fake drama about people who don't even frequent threads anymore. Stop.

Moxy

reminder to report discordfags and anyone bringing up names of old regulars for the sake of causing drama

Boo

Thanks for reporting me in the /v/eeked thread on Saturday btw guys, ebin.

these threads sure are great.

You deserve it

You betcha

Got muh Veeky Forums pass at the ready

Is there a reason why mario kart is turning into smash kart?

You'd think it'd be a lack of characters, but there are a ton of characters cut out of previous games that they could easily use.

Hell, there's characters they could use from all kinds of side games like the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Even if they didn't want to use those older maybe unused characters they've put supid ones like rosalina, baby rosalina and gold pink peach in. I get fanservice brings a lot of people in, even new ones, but this just annoys me.

bump

What's wrong with regular Rosalina being in Mario Kart?

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with regular Rosalina.

Fuck the baby version though. Galaxy showed that Rosalina had dark hair as a kid, not platinum blonde.

This

Bump

At least Dark Pit isn't in it yet.

Can someone please send me a Discord invite that lasts for a few hours? I want to join but I'm not sure if I'll be back in time.

posting dicord links is a week ban

>week ban
Really? I thought it was just a day or a warning or something
Jesus that's brutal

I think it's okay if it's in the OP of a general. Other than that, it typically comes across as derailing the thread or stealing attention from the thread, insteading of coexisting for the sake of organising games easier.

Boo!

wtf
>create new user
>name: Dad
>Mario
>Stock kart, wheels and glider
>never use items on others
>some reason people dont hit me with items
>always place 2nd-4th with little to no resistance

>be a total dick and throw greens, bombs and peels behind me all the time in bottleneck or drifting areas
>leave match out of fear or retaliation

How much would you say you the fact that the lobbies tell you that they are closed and scoreless influences you guys?

Doesn't bother me too much. I mostly play the game for fun. The game's too random for me to take seriously.

We had someone make some already. Easing these into the /v/eekend needs to be done carefully. We first need to wait until we get a 12/12 here in the general so we can bring a large swath of players into the /v/eekend occupying the new code.
This template (pic related) was posted by accident so we should edit the new codes in it when ready.

MK8D /v/eekend 200cc
2139-3520-1835
MK8D /v/eekend 150cc
1656-1681-9755

>backing up to hit someone with a star
gets me every time

Just dodge

Fair enough point.
I'm about to jump on to Switch if anyone's up for 200cc

Can the OP do that when the next thread gets made? It doesn't even have to be a permanent link, just 6 hours or something would be fine.

>Actually considering posting a link to the discord
KYS

There's no /mk8g/ discord.
There is the /v/kend Discord but they've been nothing but drama and trouble.

If you want to make your own server, feel free, but prepared to get swamped by the Spooky's /v/kend patrol.

There's another one by Zel.

In any case, you have to be a special kind of retard for considering a discord when these threads have a history with a bunch of people in their own club. Even with the archive right there where you could see that

>have a history with a bunch of people in their own club
like the secret club on your server that you get banned for talking about? :^)

I see.
Can you explain more? What kind of drama do you mean? Is it truly that bad? Who is this Spooky I keep hearing about?

Nigger, i'm not even on spooky's discord. Quit making your projections.

It's not my fault you guys seem to have the memory of a goldfish

This, the only *serious* drama I've seen were beef between 2 people or just from/in the threads.

I remember Rosalina's ass having more.. depth or detail back in mk wii.

did they nerf rosalina's ass?

How often do you guys play on Wii u?

They made her much more lanky overall, so yes

anyone playing in the lobbies?

Here's your (You), Boney.

I'm up for playing Switch lobbies if you want.

sure, any preference on which? I'm currently sat in the 200cc one now (I'm ass at 200cc)

I usually do 200cc for the practice, since I'm bad too.
Gimme about 5 minutes and I'll be right on.

I'm legit serious, what kind of drama are you talking about? Just asking

2/12
200cc deluxe

Im still trying to find my setup for 200c. I use DK with sports bike for 150 but it doesnt seem viable in 200cc. Im running shyguy atm but not sure on the kart setup

high accell and high handling. max speed means nothing when you are getting pounded by everything and everyone and making turns you cant handle

Why do some people stand completely still making the race go on an eternity?

Good matches buddy, you weren't so bad at all. Gotta go make dinner and stuff.

Yeah man, there was a photo finish on Ribbon Road. Good stuff.

I take it you guys hate the Discord because of the unbelievable amount of shitposting that it can cause and not because of the actual Discord itself.
Am I correct in this assumption?

yeah

If discord went away all the attention seeking faggots would be filtered here.

so yeah, discord is the problem.

You can still filter them

Boo

When you get a golden mushroom, is it better to hit the item button repeatedly as fast as you can or press it only occasionally right before the boost runs out?

take your genitals and rub them all over the R buttons

>mario kart
>no one plays mario or uses a kart
???

explain

I use Mario and all the default parts because I'm a basic bitch

>mario kart
>non-mario characters are in it

bump

Nigger the primary reason is the splitting effect it directly causes. The circlejerking, off-topic shit, and shitposting are all secondary.

Depends on the map, if you can mash it till it goes away without flying off the map, do it.

>Veeky Forums thread isn't dead

I guess it revived when MK8D released.

Is there anyone that play on Wii U here?

Any wii u players?

So how many matches of 150cc do you Switch anons go through before it gives you a 200cc?