/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[Apr 18] 3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/
a.pomf.cat/ydcaiu.zip
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.81
strawpoll.me/13002880
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
3dsthem.es/12769
youtube.com/watch?v=3ofwB4YyLJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

For those of you that can't think for themselves the way to get Echoes DLC working it download the season pass ticket with FBI, not the season pass itself, and then download the content from in the game.

Every thread until its real

what is season pass

So 3.61+ truly never ever?I thought it was just a meme

This probably only matters to a handful of people, but I think the Luma + Gateway dual-boot method being updated for b9s should be in the OP.

I need it user. Post it please

>tripfag advertising gateway
Fuck off. Nobody wants your retarded shit to ruin the OP.

I do wonder what the free entrypoint will be. Maybe imagehax? Faceraidershax?
You can also just scan the titlekey in FBI, it'll fail but you'll have the tickets and download in game.
How far we've come from not being able to access a menu in system settings, huh?

>supporting Gateway
Stop.

better to delete the DLC after it fails from the 3DS and then redownload it in game, FBI grabs some dummy DLC at the moment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

I'm not advertising/shilling for Gateway. No newcomer to 3DS hacking should buy a Gateway. It's a waste of money if you don't already have one. However, if you do already have one (like me, someone who had one before CFW even existed), it's still nice to get full functionality out of it while still being able to reap the benefits of CFW. There's no reason to just throw it away if you already own one.

Oyasuminasai, /dpt/~
I edited the Retrov3 and changed the BGM. Let me know what you think.
a.pomf.cat/ydcaiu.zip

What full functionality does it have that cfw doesn't? Not hating, just curious.

Using cheats is easier.
That's it.

Loading games from the Gateway cart itself as well as .cias installed to the 3DS SD card (essentially doubling the amount of space you have for games)
Cheats
Not having to convert game saves for cia format for games you already had as roms on your Gateway, if you're too lazy

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>/dpt/
Oops.

Stupid question, how do I update CIAngel?

I know it has something to do with titlekeys or some such.

>I'm not advertising/shilling for Gateway.
Yes you are.

So can I safely play Freakyforms Deluxe yet?

>if you're using garbage that was never good there's no reason to stop!!! you already have it!!!!!

github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.81
the title keys site domain expired this fixes that by pointing to the replacement site and allowing you to override the url for it by text file.

>themely keeps shitting itself after scrolling down a few themes
Looks like it's back to CHMM for me.

strawpoll.me/13002880
strawpoll.me/13002880
strawpoll.me/13002880
strawpoll.me/13002880

freeshop keeps saying "suspended" when I try to download the DLC for Shadow of Valentia, anyone know what's up with that?

nope, just scan the QR in FBI
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel

if you mean updating the titlekeys, you have to update ciangel first and then click 'download wings json' while using it

its fine

Fuck off retard.

I got up to launching safehax from the list of homebrew. I did the key combo it asked and then it said press A to continue which I did and it turned it off and it won't turn back on. Help?

I'm not advocating or advising anyone that doesn't already own one to get one. Like I said, it's a waste of money, and you'd be a fool to buy one in the age of CFW. However, like I already stated, if you already have one, there's no reason to just toss it when you can use it in conjunction with CFW and have the best of both worlds.

>never good
It serves a purpose. The primary downside to GW is the exorbitant cost ($80 as opposed to free). Abandoning GW when you've already paid for it is essentially throwing away $80.

this bit

this
sky3ds master race

I'm just trying to update the list of games.

In specific Tales of the abyss, since it's not on eshop I was gonna check on ciangel, but I'm not sure if the update worked.

>new splash screens have already been made for B9S

I posted that before reading the thread, didn't realize it was a wide-spread issue, sorry.

>It serves a purpose.
It does not, and when it used to it didn't do so in a good way.

Why can't we run .3ds without Gateway?

Dunno about you, but I kinda like having games both as cias and as .3DS roms. It's super convenient not having to convert my games I already had to .cia format for no real reason.

>throwing away $80
You already did that, back when you bought a Gateway.

Because nobody but Gateway bothered to develop hombrew to run games as .cci. Rei considered doing to at some point, but he hasn't yet.

CFW didn't exist at the time. It was the only method of pirating games. It was $80 well spent at the time.

based

Samus suit doesn't show her nipples neither her pussy.

Hello everyone, I recently put cfw on my 3DS. Everything went great, put free shop on it, works fine.

The problem though is that the download speeds are just awful. I'm getting 70kbps max. I can't imagine this sort of thing is normal, even for an old 3DS. I certainly don't think the download speed using the normal eshop were that slow.

Is there any "fix" for this sort of thing?

perhaps you would like this theme

3dsthem.es/12769

Unfortunately no. The 3DS hardware is just slow at downloading/installing content

you have the update blocker on probably

>that armpit
what

normal 3ds should be downloading at 700kbps

What is that, and how would I make sure it's off?

The new Samurai Jack theme is amazing.

DNS blocker in internet options

did you change your DNS?

How do I fix the 022-2634 error on B9S? I just want to be able to use the eshop.

700kbps is about as high as it goes

Yes, it is. It modifies the rom used for booting, you can't get any deeper than this.

When is the next free entry point supposted to release? I heard it's in development

Do splash screens still work with B9S? I might finally add one to my 3DS.

I just did research. They entrypoint should be available this week because the guy is going to stream it.

yea, luma still has the option

I looked in the settings and nothing seemed out of place

I'm getting only 70

probably on your side then

Is every lewd theme about Samus and pokegirls? Shit's getting old.

*11 out of 18 users have bricked from using SigHax Installer 0.1
*9 out of 21 users have bricked from using SigHax Installer 0.2
*2 out of 460 users have bricked from using SafeBS9Installer

*retards

You missed Peach and Rosalina, since they have quite a few lewds, more then Samus but not close to the pokegirls, but there are a lot of pokegirls so it's to be expected.
Where's the lewd lolis at?

>You missed Peach and Rosalina
Evidently. I'm still not interested those either.
>spoiler
I'm going to make some. Does anybody have the theme template that one user cooked up? I'm going to start with a classic.

Cool, thanks.

>tfw 11.4 on n3dsxl
>been playing fates because too poor to buy more games
>shit at soldering
What do lads

nothing

Does the gyro on the 3DS work for Warioware twisted?

yes

f-fug
I already ruined one sd adapter trying to hardmod my 3ds reee

When I open my homebrew launcher I get error 00000000 01FA1000 C921081A, any ideas?

wait till like the fall something might come up

It was $80 spent on supporting a scam.

Wait shit really? I can just install a twisted CIA and play it on my 3ds? It's the only warioware I've never gotten to play

What they mean with "true cfw" is actually recreating the whole thing as kickass homebrew, which is technically possible but extremely hard and time consuming.

I'm pretty new to all this so insult me if you want but I have to ask how do I download only the ticket and not the pass itself?

yes also works with the emulators

it asks you in FBI

When scanning a code from the title keys site?

correct, or you can just use shameless

What site has a guide for gba vc injection?

ultimate gba injector does everything for you

is it safe to install Priiloader after i have already installed the cIOS needed for backup loaders?

How do I redownload it? After I delete the file it still tells me to pay for it. Sorry for being retarded

it would only do that if you grabbed the free dlc before getting the season pass ticket

why most people so dumb?

Is there a place that already has some patched and ready roms? I think I remember a similar forum.

yes, dont install it on vwii though

Oh right I forgot I did that... So just deleting the ticket should fix it?

nope you're fucked, you have to find a DLC cia on the iso site

Oh well it's not so bad then. Thanks

what firmware you on if 11.4 do this
youtube.com/watch?v=3ofwB4YyLJU
if you're on b9s you don't need to update luma.

this is actually really easy and nice to use, thanks