I've just been diagnosed with incurable blindness. How do I make money off of this?

I've just been diagnosed with incurable blindness. How do I make money off of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/science/health/a19856/lab-grown-human-eyes-are-coming-into-focus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk become a good musician

I have a BS in mechanical engineering and I was about to start a PhD track program in computational aerospace engineering. I've been a straight shooter all my life and then this happens.

I should have partied more, fuck.

go see the world first.. start traveling

How did you write this

I'll be blind in 1-2 years. I can still see for now, but my vision is really fucked up.

My net worth is -$21k in student loans. I have no money.

Smoke some weed, don't worry too much bro tech is progressing so fast u will probably look like levar burton from Star Trek

I new a guy in undergrad who was blind since birth and was majoring and doing well in aerospace engineering. Dude could work D.E.s in his head like nobody's business. You have a year or two. Start learning to do stuff without your eyes.

If this is true I feel bad for you OP, I have bad tunnel vision and can basically just see like 2 inches circumfrence the rest is dark and every day it gets gradually worse..

Short your eyesight

Jesus Christ, Now I'm scared. My myopia has been getting worse gradually since I was 12 but I read somewhere that it should stop getting worse in my early twenties and I'm only 19 right now.

What are my chances of ending up like OP? Can it be avoided? What are the best ways to take care of your eyes?

Being blind is fucked up, sorry bro.

You could always suck dicks though, being blind might even help.

in the US blind people get better than usual disability payments and benefits.

>it should stop getting worse in my early twenties
Exactly. That's why it's advisable to wait until that age before taking a laser surgery.

>What are my chances of ending up like OP? Can it be avoided?
I wouldn't know the chances specifically. But it's definitely not common at all. Particularly less common if you know you only got myopia and not some obscure genetic thing

>What are the best ways to take care of your eyes?
Wear your glasses all the time that whoever prescribed them told you to. If it's all the time, then wear then all the time.
Go to a good eye doctor if you can and ask them all this. It'd do you good. And while there make sure your glasses are the ones that you should be using

>What are the best ways to take care of your eyes?

Don't wear glasses all the time, only when you need them. You should force your eyes to strain themselves to see, if you wear glasses all the time the eyes will become lazy and your eyesight will degenerate over years.

>Wear your glasses all the time
>Don't wear glasses all the time

Well? And what about those eyedrops that rehydrate your eyes? My eyes don't really get dry but what the hell.

This.

People always fall for the pity shit, so you could also set up a Patreon and earn thousands of dollars a month to pursue your music.

Honestly this.

Underrated

Give seminars about how your disabiliry never held you back in life

learn echo location so you have something to fall back to

move to india and beg

suck dicks blindly.

Idk about your country but Canadian govt gives disabled people a paycheck for life plus 3 dollars for every 1 that the retard puts in a disability savings plan

Do those "you can't see me because I'm on the radio and I can't see you because I'm blind" commercials.

This is why I love Veeky Forums

launch helper dogues into space!

really, though, this is a setback. :::thinks:::

the key is not making money with it, but finding happiness.

You will need to re-wire your brain during the Fading; work on visualization of words. Want to learn a foreign tongue?

You will need to arm yourself. Nothing more terrifying than a blind man with throwing knives. Get gUd now.

Learn other martial arts: grappling is king for the blind. Judo is wonderful. Get a sense of space and begin training blind-fighting NOW.

Learn how to operate at night. Get an implant that shows you at least the ambient light levels so you have a 'gem' like in the THIEF game. Know how to cut the power to a building or room. Develop EMP/circuit interruptor gadgets.

Begin to develop a costume. Real kev, no expense spared. Work with designers. If you work in engineering you should be able to handle this with friends/sympathetic colleagues.

Targeting. You will need super-hearing, so make sure your initial implants have really good hearing and hearing protection. You will want to protect remaining senses from gunfire and such-- use milspec noise abatement circuits.

Finally, get a cool name. I can't do this part for you. Every hero must do this for themselves.

Good luck. Your journey has begun.

Buy a gun and kill yourself.

Might aswell sell your eyes.

Is it the one where your retina slowly gets fucked up? I'm sorry bro.

Short your vision stock

what happened? what illness?

my vision is ok, but its a bit blurry from one eye

i refuse to become a codercuck or work at all, so i just NEET and watching my BTC go to the moon, i'll be rich in 10 years anyway

get off Veeky Forums and do everything you can, take in as much experience in life as possible and push your self because if what you say is true, then you will regret alot down the line

Literally how

Start using a blindfold for your daily life at home.

I'm not kidding, my little brother had a severe genetic defect that wasn't clear until he started losing his vision at 16.

His PT had him wearing a blindfold whenever he was at home, he adjusted to life without vision a little before he actually lost his sight, which made the whole thing a lot less traumatic. Do simple tasks blind like getting food from the kitchen, taking a shower, brushing teeth, taking a shit, etc. normalize it now.

It's some kind of rapidly progressing retinal dystrophy, but they're not sure which one. It's like retinitis pigmentosa but worse.

Bump

Should I wear my glasses all the time or not? Should I use those rehydration eyedrops or not?

Fuck me I love this board sometimes

probably disibility benefits

>I was about to start a PhD track program in computational aerospace engineering
Thank goodness you went blind; if you had gone down that track, your life would be way worse

This

>I've just been diagnosed with incurable blindness. How do I make money off of this?

Honestly, with today's rapid pace of research & product development, you might have a viable cure in 10 years.

So, just think of it as a 10 year prison sentence or something. You still have hope at the end of the tunnel.

There was an article I just saw that said they've been testing robotic arm control with just brain waves... it's literally happening today.

Same with light sensing tech (camera sensor silicon) connected directly to your brain with hard wiring.

After the internet age, We're just entering the age of bio-hacking.

get lasik surgery

very underrated

That's shit, sorry to hear that mate

I had an idea for a blindness compensation device a while ago. Basically it would use a pair of cameras to build up a picture of the world around you. Edge detection technology could easily find regular man-made shapes like the edge of a sidewalk, doorways and stairs and help the wearer navigate around. Facial recognition could be linked to a database of people youd previously interacted with, and text reading software could provide other textual clues. It could use voice synth tech to give you a 1980s text-adventure description of your surroundings when prompted. For example :

>Where am I?
>"GPS shows you are standing on the North side of [street name] facing [northwest]. Caution: there are moving vehicles to your [left]. Nearby signs read: [McDonald's; Dave's Plumbing Supplies; Ping Pong Massage Parlour...]"
>lead me to Dave's Plumbing Supplies
>"Turn [ten degrees left] and walk forward until prompted. [...] There is a [doorway] to your right."
>Where am i
>"you have entered the building. Caution: the terrain here is cluttered. I see [six] people including [your friend Dave] and [the cashier] who last assisted you on [the twelfth January]"

Or something like that. GPS, google maps, text to voice and voice to text, facial biometrics, text reading, edge recognition - all this tech exists. The challenge would be making it work coherently and reliably.

Anyway user, best of luck to you. I don't see how you could monetize your blindness beyond neetbux but you can start preparing now.

this but without the dudebro meming
people are already working on bionic eyes, and they're not perfect, but they can at least enable you navigate a city on foot

i'm deeaad

Don't worry OP, hopefully a cure comes soon enough. There's some promising research around organ failures:

popularmechanics.com/science/health/a19856/lab-grown-human-eyes-are-coming-into-focus/

You will be able to discharge your student loans once you are able to draw disability.

Would you prefer going deaf if you could choose?

Can you tell us more? Sounds sucky

Half my right retina detached a few years back, all I "see" out of most of my right eye is colorless red static. And it's there all the time, even I'm complete darkness.

I will probably go insane if it gets worse.

All that eye stuff is always ten years off.
We only just figured out most of the front of eye stuff, back of eye and optic nerve shit is way out there.

you know, what kind of blindness is it?

you can get eye transplants and there are even cyborg augmentations which restore vision.

your doctor probably doesn't know or care about them but you can find them online.

An Hero before it gets any worse.

This user is correct.

A serious disability allows for discharging of student loans, with possibly lesser penalty, because, you know, you're blind.

Still sucks, user. I feel bad for you.

I have myopia and I'm 24.

It has worsened since I was 20, but ever so slightly, doctor says I'm fine. Rest easy.

Made my day.

Get bionic eyes OP, its a thing now.

then how did you make this post?

both eyes or just one?

Buddy, you never have to work again. Claim disability and mooch of Daddy Fed.

I was thinking that at least I might be able to teach when I'm fully blind. I'm not so sure about working in industry

I'd gladly trade this for deafness. Deafness would be more of a minor inconvenience in comparison.

Read the thread.

Both.

>I was thinking that at least I might be able to teach when I'm fully blind
Sounds like a good plan, all the "diversity" BS going around in universities may actually give you a leg up

Create some "non-profit" for blindness stuff, make money off of selling shirts, organize marches and make money off of the people that participate.