/arpg/ #0.1 pre-alpha

Born edition

So,been thinking lately about this action role playing aka isometric loot grind games.. general. Since, there is mmorpg's general, which do not welcome certain games and is dedicated for kinda abandoned (great example is Wildstar)/new games or the ones, who can't sustain their own generals and PoE genereal sometimes isn't enough...
Games/Series that can be discussed here:
Grim Dawn (time from time have quite actively thread on /v/, necro xpack coming)
Diablo series obviously (ha, d3g is dead & there is always a thread on about 1 and 2, and there is always a discussion in it, that 2 isn't retro enough, also POD and other mods, cough, median, etc);
Wolcen (currently in alpha, ONLY nu arpg game)
Titan Quest (anniversary edition was released not that long ago, bring gaem back to life i guess)
TorchLight (!)

Not have played yet, but Van Helsing and Victor Vran comes to mind as well.

Also isometric loot grinding mmos without generals probably like Devilian, Lost Ark, Lineage Eternal

>Thoughts? Any more suggestions? Bump?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/wolcenstudio/umbra
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's Wolcen about?

Wake me up when Lost Ark gets released in the west

Very early access, backed through kickstarter, uses CryEngine.
One of the quite unique feature, that comes to mind, is that at some point you can transform into Super-Sayian version of your character (Devilian does that too though, i think).
kickstarter.com/projects/wolcenstudio/umbra

Also, housing. In such genre, it 's not usually found feature.

I'd kill for an MMO arpg hybrid, something that combines the itemization and character customization with traditional dungeons and raids.

>Lost Ark
it's been years, it gave me time to forget about it and remember it existed dozens of times already

muggas assemble

74x posts too early, but reminder to add in 0.2:
Sacred
Marvel Heroes
hack'n'slash tag
anime

Thread going fast nowhere, what game you playing currently and what are you looking forward to?

Was playing d2, then again realized, that i playing same game for 15 years and uninstalled.
Waiting for d3 2.6.0 patch (wouldn't buy dlc @ release for sure).

Veeky Forums is cancer

millennials should die

stop shilling your inane garbage in /vr/

don't include marvel heroes. i only mention it to shit on it.

Oh boy it's the ban evading autist again.

Thanks for bump lad, always appreciated.
didn't like it either

>Forgot to mention, that i'm monitoring PoE xpack too. Dayum, six (6) acts...

srsly, what do you expect from this thread? no one knows about it.

>tfw nobody to play Diablo 2 with on EU

New D2 ladder starts may 30th
game is super deat atm it seems. current ladder is a year old.
I returned a few days ago after not playing for 6 years.
State Of The Game: botting is so rampant that at least half the players in pub games are bots.

End of the ladder is always dead, but it's true there are a lot of bots always. The coming reset will get a good amount for a while at least, so it's a better time to start playing. Same as every year.

There's also a good chance Blizzard does a D2 remaster like they are doing with Starcraft. It's looking to be very good, although the new soundtrack fucking trash, but hopefully that can be modded back.

>d2 remaster
i would murder for this

I'm considering starting on US East this ladder reset though. Seems like all the cool dudes play there, and EU is dead.

I'll roll on EU, fuck americans.

Will you play with me?

i'll keep track of this general, i might join you guys at reset on EU SC ladder

Are there any simpler, legit ways of playing several accounts simultaneously on one PC, aside from virtual machines+VPNs for separate IPs?

You need two cd-keys to do that, then just have two separate installs

I recently started playing Grim Dawn with my gf. I just beat Warden Krieg and I'm enjoying the game a lot more than Titan Quest. That one Cthonian dungeon the prison traitor gives you the key to was fucking incredible.

One question: can caves move/disappear in this game? I found one cave but when I went inside I got text that said something along the lines of "something much more powerful than you lurks in here." So I left and came back a few levels later but the cave was gone

Haven't played the game, but it might have randomly generated maps like Diablo, so the caves are in a different location

Why don't you play a good arpg instead, like Diablo 2?

sure, you can @ Laygord when the ladder is going, or give me your steam name or sth

Maybe I will. What's so good about Diablo 2?

Can't, I just got memed into installing d2 with plugy, and my normal bnet installation doesn't work anymore.

lel. It should, maybe you downgraded the version or something? That's why I always keep two or three installations on my HDD.

Nah I had to uninstall my original, because plugy kept fucking with it, and then after I got the downgraded version, the bnet installer wouldn't let me install the proper one, because it already detects the downgraded one.

You know how to fix it? I was looking at D2SE, but not sure.

my version of D2SE only goes up to 1.13c, not sure if there's a newer one up.

>downgrade to 1.13c
>install plugy
>game runs fine from the normal exe
>gives me an error when I try to run it from plugy

Man fuck this bullshit it's so tedious.

>using the autism meme invented by /v/ in 2009

Kill yourself, SJW kike. Get banned on.

there's actually ZERO way to tell whether a reply is a bump or a sage. sage has been 100% invisible for several years now.

Shut up autist.

>still using a /v/ meme invented in 2009

You must go back.

Whatever, autist.

>still violating global rules by being a /v/memeing millennial degenerate

Enjoy your ban, /v/ermin.

>deleted
what