America's Worst Traffic Accident

reminder that people will do stupid things when the small sky-circle blocks the big sky-circle. some cars might not even start moving afterwards because the drivers went blind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APNwOBub1uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know if I'm even gonna be awake to see the eclipse, and if I am I'll only see the ~70% partial anyway. Thought about trying to get a photo of my car with the eclipse in the background but said fuck it, way too difficult to set up and you won't be able to see the eclipse anyway.

the eclipse can damage camera sensors too, you have a very short frame of time to take the shot before things start to melt

>small sky-circle blocks the big sky-circle

What did he mean by this? The sun and the moon have nearly the same angular apparent size, that's what makes an eclipse possible.

If you had said the small sphere blocks the big sphere then it would have made sense but since you said "circles" that nullifies the third dimension of distance and leaves only the apparent equality of the size of the two "circles" as relevant.

So there really is no small circle, big circle, or circles at all. But if there are circles they are, for the purpose of an eclipse, essentially the same size.

the sun and the moon are 2 dimensional disks, obviously. they exist in a 3 dimensional space though

Yeah, that was my other worry. Sunset and moon shots you can take all day (er, night) with no worries, but I'm not too keen on aiming a 300mm+ telephoto lens at the midday sun and waiting to see what happens when it focuses all that light onto a 22mm sensor.

a camera shop did a test, with a telephoto lens you might have 5 seconds before you see smoke

>he uses a crop sensor and is concerned he doesn't know shit about photography.
Well at least you own at least one of your weaknesses.

Would I be fine if I view the partial eclipse through the camera on an old phone I don't care about? Damaging the camera sensor doesn't matter to me since I never use it.

>TFW delivery driver and I'll be working during totality.

Hopefully I can park somewhere and watch it. Getting caught on the highway will be nightmare mode.

>Damaging the camera sensor doesn't matter to me since I never use it.
you answered your own question
but yeah, smaller sensors are apparently ok according to NASA, but high end phones might not be

Look up arts and crafts ways of viewing eclipses. You can make a pinhole through foil or cardboard and look at it directly.

I'm not a richfag, the camera is going on eight years old, and I'm not good enough at photography to need a full frame camera (nor can I afford the really good glass to go with it), but it takes sharp enough photos of things that interest me and that works just fine in my book.

If it's that old the camera might be so crappy you won't be able to see it properly anyway.

It's a galaxy s4, not worth enough anymore to bother selling it. Still a decent camera, shit by today's standards though.

I live in Nebraska. i want to see this so fucking bad because i'm a nut for solar shit. don't want to go blind and i don't exactly have a pair of safety approved glasses. don't want to fuck up my camera trying to view to eclipse through it either. kinda hoping it clouds over so i'm not tempted to do something retarded given a literal once in a lifetime chance to see something that won't happen for another 150 years.

>white people and their fixation on shit that doesn't matter

I'm black and am also fixated on this.

>tfw insomniac
No problems for me seeing the eclipse.

I'll be sleeping during this, safe and sound

>saying racist shit like this and still shouting muh racism, muh black lives matter, whitey keeping me down.

Fucking neck yourself, you racist bigot piece of shit.

white people are keeping me down. have you seen the laws in this country? whites are responsible for wars, death, pretty much everything. fuck you cave beast. you have no idea what i go through you privileged shit

Unironically end your life. Veeky Forums.org is a post racial domain you racebaiting faggot.

>huehuehue muh privilege related.

>i can photoshop things
wow. when are hispanics taking over? 2050, right? i seriously am so fucking happy you fucks are being bred out of existence. you all need to die. whites are just shitty in general desu

Found the trolling white guy

>Hispanics
>doing anything

Imagine a world without white people! The welfare check stops coming, the plumbing stopped working ages ago and forget about electricity. Streets littered with trash, massive famine, senseless gang warfare an everyday reality, grapes of wrath style dustbowl and murders committed several times a minute over a less than a dollars worth of fried chicken.

It'll be a god damned utopia.. Until China glasses it all to stop the contagion of AIDS in it's tracks.

^
there are actually people this stupid.

LOOOOOOOOL

Use ND filters

I like it how people are still getting scammed with the whole eclipse thing around here.

How did NASA manage to get a Mitsubishi into orbit anyway?

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=APNwOBub1uw

Why would you want to hide the fact your truck is a shitty 54k single axle

i accidentally looked at it a tiny bit once or twice while taking pictures
would i know if i had eye damage?

>wake up
>look outside
>sun is still a bright orb
>isn't any darker outside
So what the fuck was all the hullabaloo about if you can only see the difference outside the total eclipse zone by zooming in to the point of stupidity?

1:18 PM in Illinois, south of St Louis... this is during the 2 minutes of totality...

This is immediately after - a TINY sliver of the sun is now visible. The difference in brightness was huge.

>Magnifying an already intense amount of light

Jesus I fucking wonder why. Thank god we have people who discover this kind of shit that 5 year old kids with magnifying glasses have already figured out.