/ovg/ - Davrian Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

f1esports.com/
internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3813.0
youtu.be/Fo5Z-gH9GvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what is that thing?

heheh jumping over hills is so fun hehe

be careful :ooo

WE ESPORTS NOW

f1esports.com/

>Its on an arcade game
Dropped

But using an arcadish game is the best way to do it

but user there are no esports competitions on simulators

This pretty much. If you look all the competitive games right, the most "realistic" of the bunch is cs go.

Street fighter, smash, dota etc, they all are accesible to the common gamer, but they need serious commitment and practice to reach that final bit where the pros are.

I'm surprised codies didnt take advantage of dirt's rx content, since its short and fun to watch.

Thing is, you cant really make a realistic shooter like arma work in e-sports, cause they are not based on competition.
Realistic racing games on the other hand are highly competitive and they can work.
It looks as though they are choosing the one with the better graphics though rather the one that requires higher skill base.

>It looks as though they are choosing the one with the better graphics though rather the one that requires higher skill base.
or you know because it's an officially licensed F1 game

Or rather, they're choosing the only officially licensed F1 game with the real cars, teams and tracks.

But pic related is in rf2

>inb4 rFagtor 2 is shitcade
Touché

Is /ovg/ an esport?

True, but in esports you need to take popularity in account too. If you gather the ac, pcars, ams, rf2 and r3e community, they still wouldn't make a dent against the forza and the gt community, even if you add the iracing crowd in the sims.

For esports, you also need to entice the audience with eye candy too, which is something most sims lack too, which was made obvious by the clusterfuck of the vegas e-race too.

Another thing is, that there is no incentive for most people to tune in and watch a sim race go on, when you can do the same, but with real life championships, that are more fun to watch.

I had more fun watching an mlg spec race with the ford focus rs rather than the vegas e race or that one 98t race

It's not as much the physics as the fact you could be sitting naked in your basement playing with a plastic controller. That's not much simulation.

can't wait for the next generation of real race car drivers raised in simulators that can't be fast unless they're in their underwear

Anyone got a link to the rfactor2 version of Nordschleife from AC?

cmon bro literally first result on google

internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3813.0

Esports are popular
So, no.

how do I go fast, /ovg/?

If creating drama, circlejerking and chasing people out are esports then sure

Not unless you can get some idiot to sponsor it.

let's ask ian bell

Anyone doing GT2/3 on AC public servers?

yo james tell ian bell we will unironically run a pcars 2 series if he can provide us with 32 copies of the game

t. shadow gubmint

ty

Modern racing games are way the fuck easier to pick up than Street Fighter. Honestly GT Sport will likely have bigger prizes as well, it will just continue to have absolutely no one give a fuck because it's not real racing.

Nobody even wants to watch bitch ass pay drivers with no sense of risk in super safe race cars, why would anyone want to watch amateur Finnish video game autists in pretend race cars?

Eurobeat

>Nobody even wants to watch
I think the key is to establish racing scenes irl

people watch fighters because they have a legacy of irl scenes. now its mostly stream monsters but the stream monster's dream is to go to a local, and a lot of the community is concentrated in people's actual basements where they play against eachother

if at gaming lounges and the like, people brought copies of Forza and GT (or other racers) i think if they could grow into regular scenes, maybe even stream stuff, people would be willing to watch it like an esport

ive been hoping to get dudes at my unit to come out when me any my boy play forza and one finally did; ill tell you if a scene develops before long

Racing games are nearly theonly thing still alive in arcades because of specialized hardware, how many Wangan Midnight tournaments have you watched?

People don't watch streams of people going to arcades

that said even though Wangan and Initial D are FUCKING TRASH, those machines are generally some of the more popular ones.

theyre also unsustainable as scenes because of the exorbitant cost of playing. its really a thing for date night or post last call last bits of fun before going home

>Wangan and Initial D are FUCKING TRASH

opinion discarded

youtu.be/Fo5Z-gH9GvM
Fuck me this trailer is hot garbage. It wouldn't even be half bad if it weren't for all this fucking narration. I'm not blind EA, I can clearly see what's going on.

There's one in my city that has a flat entry fee which you kind of need for something like that

>my friend really likes cars and vidya
>trying to get him into sim racing
>doesnt want to spend shekels on a wheel
how do i convince him

Let him try your wheel. Alternatively, he could start playing with a controller and then if he likes enough he'll probably get a wheel himself

Quick question about wheels - should I get an used Logitech G25 for 80-100 bucks or an used G27 for around 120 bucks?

I am thinking about the G27 since it's quieter if the reviews aren't lieing.

I've owned both, the G27 is quieter and that's literally the only thing you notice in daily driving

The G25 does have the switch mode shifter (sequential vs H-pattern), but I've literally only used that for Dirt Rally and it's not necessary

Expect the H-pattern reverse gear to die on both very quickly if it is not already dead

you only ever need a pad, good settings and some practice

I'd pay more for the G27 just for the buttons tbqhwyf

>pad
enough of your kike lies

considering one of the fastest if not the fastest rFactor 1 racer we have uses a pad it's not a lie

this. my /ovg/ teammate crashed once while trying to spam t because he didn't have a button mapped to it on his G25 but i had no such problem with my G27

I have the Nvidia GT1030. Do I need to buy 2 more of these cards to run 3-way SLI in order to run triple screen setup?
Screens are 1920x1080.

Why not just buy one card with enough ports for 3 screens? The simdad from ISR does this with a 970.

>GT1030
you cant run SLI on anything lower than a 1070 these days. but a single card can run multiple displays.

And what is this? Isn't it SLI port?
Isn't 1030 better than 970? It has higher number.

no and no

1030 is kind of a steaming piece of shit. It's not even as good as the 7 year old 460 is benchmarks.
Throw it away altogether and get at least a 1060.

You can have multiple monitors with that card, but good fucking luck even running most modern games at 1080p, and definitely not triple screen.

For triple screen you'd want at least a 970, which is in fact better than your econoshitbox graphics card.

Even more, you obviously don't know what you're doing, so just play on one screen.

Last 3 days farming cash on GT6 with the 5 days bonus.
Seasonal event british lightweight (5 laps @ brands hatch) prize is 500k, with the 5 days bonus that goes over 1M. Glorious.

that game is so ridiculously easy it's shameful
they might as well make all the cars free

The worst part about the game is that mechanical damage isn't available in SP

Like, what the fuck. It's literally not even racing when I can just brake check my opponents and use them as turning blocks.

they had to keep one thing from the GT series other than the title

NFS: Payback
>new BMW M5
Forza Motorsport 7
>new Porsche 911 GT2RS
Project CARS 2
>McLaren 720S

and Gran Turismo: Sport comes with crap, fake VGT cars.

Why is simracing so misogynistic? I mean there are no girls at all racing so why do you all chase them out, are you scared they'll beat you at your autistic hobby?

if I had a vag I would take full advantage and get tons of free shit like that youtuber called simracinggirl

The thought of what they'll never have makes them very angry

I wish a girl would dominate me on the track then humiliate me irl for it

to be honest the rally mustang and the GR.3 impreza look very cool.

>want to upgrade from g27 to csl elite, maybe csw2.5 + m3 gt2 rim
>issues galore, QC is shit
>see pic related
So I should wait?

>there are no girls at all racing
But you are wrong

I have to agree with that. I got gold medal in every fucking license on the first try. No joke.
Well, the last one with the Veyron was a pain, but nailed anyway.

GT5 is so much better, it's actually a real challenge.

fe(males) don't count.

Downloading Horizon 3 on PC right now. This will be my first Forza since ~2008 Any tips for progressing quickly in the game?

Nah just do whatever you want. Game showers you in rewards and credits, especially if you have VIP.
Just follow your heart, even if your heart leads to riced japanese shit because this game will let you do it.

Just upgrade your Byron Bay festival to level 5 as quickly as you can and play Goliath. Ez money Ez XP. Though I never felt the need to do that.

To the guy who organizes OVGWRC on Dirt Rally: Are there any plans to make a classics season preferrably featuring the 70s segment, or do we have a seperate league for that?

So, let me get this straight...
The guy who shit on PCARS constantly on his internet diary is now actually shilling the 2nd one?

Asseto Corsa is on Sale. how livery is Multiplayer there?

Eyup, people will do anything for money these days.

Money talks

what are you even asking?
just get it. I get so annoyed at how cheap these sales are when I've spent well over $100 on the game, but I still feel like it was worth it since I've gotten almost 300 hours out of it.

Fuck you.
If you want muh lively multiplayer, buy PUBG.
If people only play the flavour of the month, no game will ever be successful outside of triple-A normiefests.

well do you think Dirt 3 is a normie game? I have 350h on dirt 3 but community is declining so I would like to see at least 10 open lobbys when playing Asseto Corsa. for 11 bucks is cheap I know but I usually only play 3 different games a day including LoL,Dirt 3 and MTG

So whats name of an addon for AC that allows to have 2 and more cars side by side in a showroom?

>10 open lobbies
Nigger i have no problem playing games with 100 players or less weekly, what the fuck is your issue?

There are typically always servers going with people in them but half of them are nordschleife servers, which I have no problem with since AC is like a green hell simulator for me most of the time, and they're just cruising servers.

I've been in very few actual races in AC. the servers exist, they just aren't as popular as the open/cruising servers.

>king of the shitters

That's what you get when you chase everyone out

anyone else actually excited to try World of Speed? it's going to be arcadey as fuck, but the multiplayer emphasis has me jazzed.

>World of Thing
if its from the makers of world of tanks etc its going to be not just shit, but p2w grindey shit

>implying
I'm not even top ten

originally SMS was making it but then it was sold to a different dev. despite this, I'm still looking forward to trying it out.

>Kazunori Yamauchi has seen the R36 GT-R

Name 10 people who are faster than aspie

Risto, Guuzah, James, Cosmo, Derek, Kraid, Gnik, Trav, stume, barney

Jackie Chan

aspie is only fast on GT3s prototypes in. He gets rekt by people in everything else.

Albeit, this is why he mostly doesnt show up for anything else.

Me

Oh right getting passed on the outside of the narrowest corner in ovgt3 unrelated

I try to show up to everything that's on weekends though.
I know I'm shit in touring cars and open wheelers.

Good times

>that feel when a part of you hopes that sim racing doesn't become an esport just so you don't have to regret sucking at other games for the last 10 years instead of going full autismo at the one you're any good at
I'm going to blame iRacing's broken physics for ruining me either way and that kind of sums up why it would be miserable to play these games with constant random fucked up changes to the core behaviour professionally anyways.

racing sims aren't nearly popular enough to become a big esport.

You don't have to be ".com bubble of the 2010s" assfaggots size to make money though. On merit it makes no sense for them to make it anywhere but some retards might conceivably be convinced to invest enough for there to be a payday.

>never good at other games
>not even good at racing games

Did you learn to do something actually useful though