Car Audio thread

Post your setups

My current:
KDC-122U headunit - getting Excelon next
r500x1d Class D
SA8-V2 D4 wired to 2ohm (custom box tuned to 40hz and below)
Alpine Type R mids and highs
Looking at putting mids and highs on R300X4
Opinions?

Just installed CT Sounds Tropos D2 wired to 4ohm in my buddy's BMW looking at getting mids and highs for him next.

Other urls found in this thread:

qlogicenclosures.com/collections/q-forms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not sure if I should upgrade amp and sub later or just make a 4th order box for the sub.

It's weird how similar that is to what my first setup was. I had a Kenwood KDCBTxxx, Alpine S comps on a r150x2, and a SA12 but alpine 600w monoblock. It was really solid.
Currently piecing together a new setup for my miata, I plan on getting two SA8s in a custom sealed enclosure with a DC 1.2k, I want the speakers behind the headrest with the amp in between them, found a place to fabricate the box but I'm not going to buy anything until after I get a hardtop. Should be really fucking loud.

Move your components to your kick panels and aim them at your ears using something like Q-Forms Kick Panels if they're available for your car. If they aren't, try to replicate them. qlogicenclosures.com/collections/q-forms

That, and invest in sound deadening. Making your car quiet is another sure-fire way to make your sound better.

>Wasting money pursuing car audio

>Not wanting to blast eurobeat down the touge in your shitbox.

Pioneer DEH-somethingDAB head unit
Pioneer 6.5 inch speakers in the doors
Alpine PWE-V80 flat subwoofer under the passenger seat

The stock system is good enough for that

It's really not.

Then buy a better car.

They haven't made a car with a good enough sound system that I wouldn't upgrade it. Even high end luxury cars top out at like 600w

Some Subaru's come with McIntosh HU's, amps, and speakers.
Some Volvo's come with Dynaudio components.
Some of the older Lexus' came with Nakamichi HU's, amps, and speakers, and this was back when Nakamichi was actually good.
Some Nissan's came with Rockford Fosgate HU's (made by Denon) and Rockford amps and speakers.

Pretty much guarantee that unless you were *super* hardcore, you could not have done better on any of those, especially the Subaru and Volvo stereo's.

I wouldn't daily a car that couldn't touch at least 135 on music.
Pretty much guarantee none of those cars could compete with even a budget setup. Best they could do is maybe break even on low SQ. SPL wouldn't even be close.

So, you're a nigger that wants a fart machine that makes horrible noises, annoys the fuck out of your neighbors and you couldn't care less about listening to actual music nor even having an actual stereo. You much prefer to have radio that reproduces random sounds in mono loudly.

KYS.

>he thinks you can't have spl and decent sq
You're so out of your element, kid. First rule of car audio is never bump near where you live because you don't want blacks knowing you've got good shit in your car. You've probably never even heard a halfway decent setup in your life. I bet you even googled what is spl was.

Currently riding with no system. Have 2 sundown x8s sitting on my dresser. Going to build a 4th order tuned around 50hz with a ton of port and give them some power see what happens

I have an OEM 8 speaker setup and I paid some asian guy in california to create an aux port in my OEM headunit. Sounds pretty good

>car audio
>VQ35HR
>AAM competition 2.5in resonated test pipes
>AAM competition y-pipe
>2.5in straight pipes from y-pipe back(stock muffler/resonator delete)
>stock 5in nismo tips

a radio is kind of useless at this point

port the 8's dude

Stock car audio always forces bass through the mid woofers and the ones that have separate subwoofers aren't good. OEM stuff just doesn't do good stuffs

Ive got a car with 0 auido (no speakers or radio). Is there a way i can install speakers, an aux input, and a volume nod and nothing else?

Build a system louder, but those VQ35HR's have such good exhaust notes. Can't disagree with you

>those fucking gigantic lips

How hard do they thump?

There's not enough room to build a box big enough to port 2 8"s. Plus taking into account how the speakers will be directly behind the headrests and the environment they're in, I think sealed will sound good enough even if it won't get as low. I've done ports and trannies before but the problem I've had is they only sound good on like, rap and dub. Of course, I had no problem listening to like, Kryptic Minds, Digital Mystikz, Skream, etc all day, but I personally prefer sealed units for more general purpose music, especially anything with higher bpms like happy hardcore or dnb

in all seriousness it actually has a decent system put in it by the previous owner. Built a custom sub box with a 12in kicker, 600watt kicker amp and a pioneer head unit. I can turn it up much louder than the exhaust but it rattles the hatch and I'll feel like a nigger.

I've seen the Z's with that box style under that bar alot and I love how it looks.

It does look nice but there are 2 downsides.
1. You lose half your trunk space (which is already small)
2. Spare tire is impossible to remove.

Luckily I already removed the spare tire and everything so there's nothing under it.

Havent had them on a meter yet sounded in the 138-143db area in my last box on only 600watts with only a 4" rounded port.

You're the one with fucking deck power on shitty components. I've sat in IASCA and MECA World Championship winning cars. I've had an IASCA World Champion say my car is better than 40% of the stuff he competes against at a given show, and that wasn't even with a decent tune on it.

Can you be loud and sound good? Abso-fucking-lutely. But it's so goddamned rare, and so fucking hard to actually pull off, MECA SQL will only judge up to 115dB. Mind you, I've heard vehicles that could do it, but not the first one is using a goddamned deck power, nor are any of them using shitty Alpine components.

Your stereo is built like a common field nigger's would be. Go to a real fucking show, listen to a real fucking stereo, one that actually is *in stereo*, actually images, actually stages, then get back to me.

>I spent 3 hours researching posts on SteveMeadeDesigns to make this post
You don't know what components are in my car because I never posted my specs, so quit talking out your ass.

>SA8's
>Bandwidth Efficiency Product is 118
>Putting them in a sealed box

Dude, they're going to sound like dogshit if you do that. If you don't have room for two, then use one.

One 8 in the correct box will blow away 4 12's in the wrong box. You cannot put a random speaker into a random box and expect it to perform. You can't cheat the Laws of Physics.

Thoughts on Rockford Fosgate Punches in the 5.25"?

Thinking of picking a pair up for my commuterbox, 40 minutes each way so I want to enjoy my tunes but not invest too much for when I trade it in, 3~ years down the road.

>Steve Meade
Chumlee is a fucking tool. If it wasn't for the actual brains of his operation, Tony D'Amore, he'd be fucking nothing. I've been designing enclosures and installing stereos for over 30 years.

Dayton Audio DC or RS components are far better, and at a much better price point. Silver Flutes and SB Acoustics are also the bang-for-the-buck champs.

I picked up Focal PS130v's (5.25") off Crutchfield for $220, normally $460, great set of components.