Destiny General - /dg/

>>>NEWSRESET INFOLINKS

So Destiny 2 removes grimoire cards and grimoire score cause Bungie wants everything in the game.

How does that make you feel?

Scaffolding guy is a retard, ignore him.

>>>NEW CLANS

xth for scary looking moons

>you will never experience the absolute bliss of the four armed embrace from Variks

Its just not fair...

>new clans
>every body is already in the old clans
???

i dont understand why you just dont wait until the open beta/game releases

Nth for Rodent-Revolver

I guess it's the quickest way to remove inactive members. Hopefully we don't end up with several versions of each again because of the clan member cap.

thats not a revolver you fucking moron

So will Y1 players get anything cool, or should i just move over to PC?

they haven't said what destiny 1 players will be getting.

probably just an emblem

yes

Xth for Atheon is best boss

I do actually like all the new Titan sets. Giant shoulders included.

>he's not a New Monarchy chad

Rodent-Revolver sounded better than Pest-Pistol

/k/alm down you autist.

So why 4v4?
The whole point of 6v6 was that was not only the raid group size, but the size of 2 fireteams put together
4v4 makes no goddamn sense

Competitive scene loves 4v4 for some reason.

Probably remnants from Halo.

>4v4 makes no goddamn sense
Halo was 4v4 focused

it makes a lot of sense when you consider that

I hope the bonuses are tied to bungie accounts, I played on PS3 but am moving to PC for 2.

>basing optimal team size for competitive play around arbitrary factors like raid group size and fireteam size
Are you autistic? I have no idea whether 4v4 will be better or worse, but what you're saying makes no fucking sense at all.

the MLG scene decided 4v4 was the most competitive game mode

by making every mode 4v4 you no longer have maps that feel specifically designed for 6v6 (first light) or 3v3 (asylum)

the only reason you don't like it is because you're a number autist that can't think outside of 3s.

they're not.

they should have introduced a fourth class and upped fireteams to be four man

>they're not.
entirely unconfirmed, Bungo's head of PC development/liaison with Vicarious Visions said it's something that they're thinking about heavily and he agrees it would be a good thing and can see that people want it, but he had nothing firm to confirm on the matter at this time

>they're not.
oh well. no big deal

(he also called the old Halo community toxic [at times] in the same interview, which seemed blunt for new-Bungo)

>Start up Destiny
>Close Destiny

Can only hope this new SJW mindset in neo-bungie won't be all too noteable in the game.

please tell me the only exotic in there is the Sunshot, because everything else there looks like absolute shit

mini-gun is an exotic.

Yes aside from Sunshot they're seemingly all legendary.

I like the Veist weapons though.

Dead center and bottom left look cool.

Right, forgot about the chaingun.

>Ledge grab
>Evasion move on gunslingers

It's basically all it took to make me happy.

What to play until 2 comes out?

evasion move is on all the hunter subclasses, the bonus perk (recharge nelle, reload gun)
may change depending on the sub though
the waiting game

Like, I'm bored and done with Destiny 1. FUCK FOUR MORE MONTHS

>Like, I'm bored and done with Destiny 1

We all are, user.
Nothing to do but to wait.

Adding on to what other people are saying, its probably to help with lag and the fact that they cant get dedicated servers for whatever fucking reason

So how does Trials work? Is it only in the weekends? Cause if not, then I'm up for doing it with any boners. Casually though. I got lighthouse on my first try, but can't guarantee any performance from my side as that was a long time ago. Anyone up for it?

it starts on friday and goes until tuesday reset

>destiny 1 was released
>sold very well for the time
>comparable to other publisher releases
>sustained itself for 3 years through whatever means
>still cant justify allocating some server space for servers

Does a game have to be completely multiplayer pvp centric AND have bi-yearly releases to justify dedicated servers?

I dont play crucible that much but know host's shitty connections and rage quiting shouldn't be a thing for bungie.

I'm kinda sad that it's going down to 8 players max, at least I can play Rumble or someshit

Doesn't make any sense, but it's probably something to do with the engine they use. As far as I know it's a hunk of shit. They know that dedicated servers would increase sales and player satisfaction by a ton, why wouldn't they add them by now? Engine limitations are what seem to be the issue, but how could an engine restrict whos hosting a server?

I love all the actual plate armor this time around. The legs look great, and the big shoulders help sell the Titans as being the more armored guardians. They look too light in D1.

It's better than running off the bullshit that was still 360/PS3 compatible.

Oh thanks. So... Anyone?

Did they look light? I guess maybe in general but compared to Hunters and Warlocks, Titans all looked solid as fuck and really beefy. Then again, I only have a male Titan to compare to everyone. And female Warlock and Hunter.

Any boners for a raid? I'm down for any of them desu, but a last minute wrath before reset would be rad

>Female warlocks look good in most armor
>male warlocks have torso armor thats layered in persian rugs

Glad I picked a chick for a warlock. Male warlock armor looks bulky and uncomfortable.

I think my issue with a lot of D1 Titan armor is it looks either too light, like the House of Wolves vendor armor, or just a bunch of not awkard large plates. An example of what i mean for the latter is the Y2 crucible arms.

One of my personal favorite armors was the titan spektar gear. It was a very full set of sleek, bulky armor, and I'm pleased to see its aesthetic seems to have become the general design direction for Titan armor in D2.

I'd be down for a wageslave raid

>pretty hype for destiny 2
>want to fire up destiny 1
>can't be bothered to set up / update / play the game on my PS3
does anyone still play the game on old gen?

2/6 for WotM then

>Boot.up 360 to fuck around in d1
>Realize how much I missed it
Fuck man I can't wait for d2 now

Will Destiny 2 have a gear/vault system that doesn't suck big black cock?

Yeah, the Spektar stuff is pretty great. But my favourite is the Y2 Iron Banner armour. The Companion and Camelot stuff. Especially the fucking Helmet. And chest piece. And gloves. Fuck me, I love every thing about that set. Part of why I love Titans so much is because I think of them as Knights in a way and that armour is perfect for that.

I just picked them cause I wanted my Titan to look the Strongest.

Yeah, same. Titans were sold pre-release as knights and I was always dissapointed by the lack of armor that reflected that until the Y2 IB stuff which was dope.

All of the titan armors in D2 look like knight armor so I'm pretty happy. This one new monarchy set is insane.

Considering that destiny's vault system was utterly gimped by last gen, I'd say no. D2's vault system SHOULD be better in everyway.

So to get queens breaker bow and Lord of wolves I have to play CoE, right? If i just go in repeatedly I I think I should get it eventually, but I want to make sure it's just a chance to drop on completion instead of some other dumb shit. Can anyone confirm?

I do believe you can get year 2(or 3) versions in CoE. Now they drop their but getting a guarenteed drop is left to rng.

My roommate is DTF as well, so 3/6.

Fucking Blue Monarchy. The simple fact that it looks like there are plates of metal makes me excited. One of the things I didn't like much about D1 Titans is their leg armour. 90% of their leg armour just looked like ass to me. But the armour in D2 looks very promising. Could probably use something on their fists though. As a man who likes to punch every goddamn thing in the way, those hands look a little bare.

Warlocks look nice in D2. More like robes/jedi look than the uninteresting designs from D1.

As a Warlock main I am very hopeful for our fashion destiny

A problem with D1 to me was all the classes shared the same undersuit at base as far as I could tell, so they never ended up looking very different from each other -- just wearing different clothes. Bungo did a better job with visual differentiation this time around imo.

Yea. I think that's why some of the SRL stuff could be worn by any class. Because everyone was basically the same under the armour.

I hope there will be plenty of maps with indoor corridors and stuff. Cause Imma gonna charge those houses.

>Warlocks and Titans have both improved in aesthetic from 1 to 2
My only hope is that it's the opposite of D1 - that the cool looking armor, for titans at least, isn't fucking green level 8 - 14 shit.

I'm hoping they add more variation in reload animations. It seems like the SMG already has 3 different ones. Hope each type of weapons gets some new ones.

>does anyone still play the game on old gen?

Recently tried to when my PS+ expired on PS4
user, the game is unplayable on last gen.
I hope you make the jump to current gen/PC with Destiny 2. It will be like day and night.

>I hope you make the jump to current gen/PC with Destiny 2. It will be like day and night.
I am, gonna be playing 2 on PC.

SEX WITH A PS4 DADDY!

fuck off we don't want you

>Truejiro literally came to Xbone to play with Bv
>Bv dropped him after a couple of games for being too creepy

You say one thing, but in reality the other thing happened.

The only thing bungie needs to do is add a full transmog feature.

>find a paticular piece of gear
>transmog said gear
>have it permantly on said character to transmog any gear there after
>chroma (if returning) will only transmog to other chroma

I think its simple

I really hope we get a feature like that

Still 3/6 for boner WotM

>desolve said gear*

I'm down with this, if it doesn't apply to exotics.

They will not, we've already seen the reload animations are the same for all returning weapon classes, except rocket launchers which seem to be getting a new one.

>Bungie
>putting effort into destiny

lmao. All the enemies are the same, with the same animations for everything. It is actually destiny 1.5 and should not be marketed as a sequel.

Inb4 butthurt, I will still buy and enjoy the game but I think it's ridiculous that bungle is marketing it this way

>Add a full transmog feature

That's basically the function of infusion.

>thinking that they would change the animations that were completely fine
you know, that's really funny user.

>implying i am jiro
You can keep your degenerate tranny on that dead console, we are full.

That was reserved for legendaries and exotics. White's, blue's, and green's were left in the dust cosmetic wise. Some of them looked really appealling over time.

Of course

And he wants it to apply to lower rarity armor, unless there was a patch while I was gone that made it so you could make purples look like old greens and blues.

"We" implies all PS4 players.

I know of more than Jiro that came to Xbone to play with Bv. Teacup and Monstar are some examples.

sex with THE ps4 daddy!

I only know of him what the thread says but its enough to deter me.

I thought teacup left ps4 to live in alaska and shitpost about its inheritance?

It got a xbox?

sure is destiny in here

I didn't say change them, I just said add new ones. The SMG already has 3 different ones so it's not crazy to think that some of the other weapons will be getting new ones.

daily reminder that boys make the best girls

I seriously hate you guys.

>tfw finally got my Destiny 2 PC working
Now I just have to figure out how to get the stupid thing to boot the pirated windows 7 from my usb.

I could care less honestly, he was a shit friend who led me on with nothing to offer, all he did was bitch at me over nothing and accuse me of being creepy when I just wanted a friend to play destiny with, when I deleted him he whined as if he didn't know what was going on.Why are people so fucking autistic on this website?

you're right, only us anime poster, aren't autistic