/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Failure to launch edition

Previous Thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

piratepad.net/autismserb
youtube.com/watch?v=2uGaexA40p8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

evilcraft.png

>trying to get Reika's bullshit to play nice in a mod pack
I never thought I could hate someone so much.

twilight forest base...

Castlefag here. It's been some time.
Bumpan today with the renewed link. Quests fixed, progression fixed and any bugs anyone else noticed I'll try to fix them too.

Soon.

/comfy/ nether temple is coming along nicely I think. Any suggestions?

Vanilla? Didn't know they added dirt paths.

>shaders
>no smooth lighting

Make those paths less linear and make that netherwart more messy.

That's great, mate. I'll try it for the first time. Sorry about my newbieness, but what do I have to do to play it? Is it the same as a modpack, for example?

Thanks!

better?

Requestioning from previous thread:
> In Tinker Tools, why is the twice farmed soil for? I mean, why do you need that low elevation soil produced by the mattock?

this was a vanilla house i made a year ago. wish i had more screenshots, but i lost it when my old hard drive failed

I think you can recreate it easily, its doesnt seem too complex.

unfortunately it's like an ant farm house, in that most of it is underneath the actual cobblestone structures. i don't remember how most of it went

to the guy from the last thread asking for first houses,

sadly, my very first house is gone as it was made when there were only world 1,2,3,4,5 slots in-game

so I overwrote it at one point

this is the only surviving first house I have

made about the same year

piratepad.net/autismserb

Remember to come here if you want your Gregtech autism.

That one reminds me of my first house, I made a square with triangle roof all made of wood planks, I remember I picked an easy diamond seed and glitched them with a furnace but in that time the game had no content, so I played mindlessly like a retard.

Actually Additions has such ugly fucking textures. Jesus fucking Christ.

No wonder mods like this only started being used on meme versions. They don't have as much competition.

I know the guy personally who made this mod ama

He said he hates unity textures despite their being objectively superior to the ugly disgusting shit I just screenshot.

Why is this?

dunno, where did he say it?

like 6 months ago on plebbit

is futurepack a good mod?

the only reason he got popular was because his mod was the only one to do be the "all in one" package and one of the first that got ported to the meme versions (his mod wasnt well known in 1.7.10 and back)

ask him to find someone to make better textures
mod could be great, but that wont ever happen if it looks like ass

AA is pretty funny, it started out on 1.7.10 but barely anyone used it (I tried it a few times and found it broken as fuck, despite having a few useful things), but then it jumped ship to 1.10 immediately as soon as that version became usable, Direwolf found out about it, and now its dev is drowning in cursebux. Somewhere in that it also got about 400% more microcrafty too.

>it jumped ship to 1.10 immediately

Actually, it jumped ship to 1.8 immediately. Then 1.8.8, then 1.8.9, then 1.9.4, then 1.10.2 when the modding community at large finally had enough content to move on.

I wonder if he's still going to move to 1.12 as soon as it hits, abandoning 1.11 despite it still having a large and active user base. 1.10 already seems to be done given how its latest update was two months ago.

1.11.2->1.12 should be trivial. The only noticeable engine change from 1.11.2->1.12-pre1 is a few minor changes in the recipe class.

I'm moving to 1.12 as soon as it hits myself, probably. Literally no point to staying on 1.11.2, especially as hardly any functioning modpacks developed for it anyway and the moment 1.12 hits they likely never will.

>1.11 despite it still having a large and active user base
1.11 has a puny active user base.

1.7.10 and 1.10 have the most.

Despite his mod having a large user base, that is. It's probably increasing as well given how Direwolf has played so much with it recently.

That small robit is cute but that tree falling down seems like a bad idea.

whats the ram usage like? any leaks over extended periods of playtime?

update on the progress of the palace

moved it with worldedit to a new location, which involved replacing all the sandstone that it breaks

working on a right wing for the building,

going to build a symmetrical left, ofc

lol, nice

about how far is the progress of most people on there?
wouldn't want to join if most people are endgame, or wouldn't want a new player to team with them.

I can join you up, concidering to start there im EU timezone

Anyone have the links for the cracked version of MC?
Forgot my username and password a long time ago

MC is one of the hardest things to pirate, don't bother, especially not now with shit like wannacry.
Just fucking buy it.

>want defensetech but don't want mekanism
ah

I never played greg before but I want to. What are some guidelines to make a pack? I don't want to break the balance by adding some of my favorites mod and only notice my mistake when I reach mid game. Or is there a good one already that isn't New Horizons?

there's another port of ICBM to modern versions

I'm currently the furthest in terms of progress, And I'd say i'm one third through the modpack. There is still a lot of room for new people to team up and catch up.

Handy tip folks. with advanced rocketry installed the compact machine world needs an air supply
Side note. dont. gate into the compact machine itself. you will die. a most utterly painful death

Report for the night:
I fixed most bugs and got in touch with old musicbro. He agreed to add music for some areas, so the whole thing may be delayed a few days. Hopefully it will be worth it.

>want ICBM but don't want UE
ah

What are some really end-game tech mods I can add to my pack? Right now, the only thing really end-game is reactorcraft.

Draconic Evolution
Avaritia
Botania
Thaumic Tinkerer

UE is dead as fuck, pretty sure the port uses RF now

this better be bait

CHOO CHOO TRAINSERB

in terms of power levels and progression needed for equipment, it fits the bill
Never had to be any good

an entire planet full of naquadah

>The most upvoted /r/minecraft post is the one asking to get the parrots tamed by chocolate removed
>Almost 40k persons had to tell mojang to unfuck up.

build wall

ded

>Not carrying trens by helicopter
>Not giving your meidos a free helicopter ride

>maids in helicoptor

Get the rocket lawnchair

>Download decoration mod
>Check Nei to see what it adds
>Only 2-3 things are interesting while also adding 1 and a half nei page of useless bloat blocks.

this game worth picking up again?
haven't played since Alpha 1.2~

depends
do you have autism, are thoroughly bored with vanilla and a pc capable of running space engineers but without the 10 gb memory leaks?

If any autistic slav kid can do it, so can you!

>autism
yes
>are thoroughly bored with vanilla
wut
> pc capable of running space engineers but without the 10 gb memory leaks?
i run space engineers at max settings 60fps

Vanilla minecraft is dead as fuck, at least here. Modding scene is expansive as fuck.
If you can actually run spengies without the simspeed going to shit or without the terrible memory leaks that show up once in a while you should be able to easy play massive modpacks.

alright, i planned to mod it anyways
there was that one mod pack that was famous and added a bunch of technical shit i saw a while back, dunno what that's called but it looked neat

That was probably tekkit (classic), these days it's best to make your own modpack since the tekkit lads retired and very few people are competent at making modpacks.

yeah that's what it looks like it was, any recommendations for mods then?

>technical shit
If you like things like Space Engineers and have autism maybe you will like modded Minecraft.
Depending on taste, you could try with Buildcraft (good)+IndustrialCraft2 (the classic but outdated way) or Thermal Expansion (for shitters)

I was afraid you'd ask that, I'm feeling lazy as fuck right now.
Maybe just check out trainserb2's modpack for now, focus on heavy industry and shit.
Link is in the server list in the OP.

Hoboserb's modpack could also work, though it's a bit more kitchen sinky.

>autismserb down

CLAP DA SERB

Is Hardcore Ender Expansion a meme mod? If so, is there another mod that improves The End?

No, it's good in design but it doesn't interface well with other mods.

what is a good mod with dinosaurs

don't tell me dinosaurs are bad or immature because then you just reveal your own immaturity

You're a little defensive there, buddy.

Fossils and archeology revival is the only one.

>it doesn't interface well with other mods.
So, any alternatives?

Nope

>Extra Utilities
>neat little mod that adds some cool stuff
>killed by rampant bloat and feature creep
>OpenBlocks
>neat little mod that adds some cool stuff
>killed by rampant bloat and feature creep
Ah.

don't worry inherent flaws in 1.8+ MC is forcing devs to compartmentalize mods

I have seen some posts by the author where since the dinosaurs are really big, they had some problems with slopy terrain so he made a weird thing and now every leg can be in a different height without problem. He is a good modder and his mod is great as well.

So, I was testing some stuff. Gave myself all Thaumcraft research. Got an unnatural hunger warp effect and... This happened. The warp effect expired, but it's not going away. Reloading the game doesn't help.

What the fuck happened

something happened

Go into the TC config and disable shader effects
That, or blame optifine.
If it isn't either of those, it could be a potion ID conflict

I'm not running optifine.

Also, I don't even have any potion effects on me anymore. I'll try changing the config setting.

Milinaire updated when?

Alternatively, are there any good NPC mods out there?

I love milinaire because the npc's build towns on their own if you supply them with materials, you can also buy and sell stuff through their merchants.

>Milinaire updated when?
It's being updated to 1.8.9

>THis guy and his Stargate

I bet you don't even have a base alarm for when your gate is open

youtube.com/watch?v=2uGaexA40p8

and of course you are wrong

STOP MAKING ME WANT THAT MOD

So I'm using this mod called Substratum because it's the only ore mod that includes aluminum and it only lets you get the aluminum after going through an entire extra processing step: alumina ore --> alumina --> aluminum
it's the only ore in the mod that does this. what the hell was the person who wrote this mod thinking? why add such an unnecessary and annoying step?

its fun as hell. why wouldnt you want it?

>tinkers construct
>galacticraft (I think)
>immersive engineering (called by it's proper name, bauxite)
>mariculture (same as IE)
all of these have aluminum, stop complaining about stuff that's obviously too autistic for you to handle.

He's a big NPC

what? I'm complaining about the unnecessary step in processing. instead of just allowing the alumina ore to be smelted into aluminum, you have to basically smelt it twice. that's the problem.

No, it's evidently part of the mod's design for some reason, so you should stop complaining.
Just use a different mod that adds aluminum.
For that matter, you could literally just use customitems, quadram, COFHcore, and minetweaker, or their memeversion equivalents, to add aluminum as well.

What I don't understand is why you need aluminum if you don't have a mod that already adds it.

it's an ore mod. it adds ore. that's it. there's no grand design to it. there's no need for special mechanics. all i wanted was uniform ores that look sorta the same and kinda distinct. IE ores don't match the other mods and the textures are hard to notice. but that's beside the point. i was just expressing my frustration at the authors autism. now go take your meds.