"Why are Fiat cars so ugly in Europe?" thread

"Why are Fiat cars so ugly in Europe?" thread

Their designs for other markets are great but they shit uneven crap in Eurofags like crazy.

pic is their european pickup truck the Fiat Fullback

Other urls found in this thread:

allpar.com/cars/adopted/fiat/500-abarth.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hWKAqAK4Kf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

now this is the South American counterpart the Fiat Toro

Both of those look fucking atrocious compared to what they're based on.

The Toro has it's own platform and the look is inspired not from mitsubishi but from the new Jeep Cherokee since Fiat owns Jeep

European Punto

the substitute for the punto in South America is this guy, the Argo. Not great but no fucking hideous

The Fiat Toro is based on the platform of the Jeep Compass and Renegade, and the other two are both ugly as sin.

Hate to say it but the posh as fuck Amarok is probably the best looking pickup on the Euro market unless I'm unaware of someone's face-saving facelift.

the old hilux looked pretty fucking fine, the new one is trash

>they actually made a truck based on the Cherokee like I've been begging for
>COMPLETELY FUCK IT UP

That's it, I'm done.

The european Panda ( why are hte car names in the european market not in Italian??)

Brazilian Fiat Uno

Panda, and it's qt as fuck. Does everything have to look angular and edgy for you?

>Does everything have to look angular and edgy for you?
He prefers the Toro over the Fullback.

the Panda looks like it's about to melt, but it's not about being angular, the European Doblo is full of angle and looks trashy, in other markets they still sell this one

the new Doblo looks like an over waxed renault kangoo

That literally looks like a Panda that's pissed because it got punched in the face.

What do you mean?

>european pickup truck
I haven't seen a pickup in years. It is a dumb invention, extremely niche at best.
girls car
male bydlo car
qt family car
we want the SUV audience

>punto
>hideous

You must be a special snowflake, isn't it?

The Punto is possibly one of the best subcompact hatchbacks in its segment, the fact that it has 10 years is astonishing considered how clean and simple yet still modern it looks.

*best looking

>extremely niche at best.
Specialized vehicles > jack of all trades, masters of none (SUV)

my fucking dick

I may be biased, but the Punto is the most beautiful sub-compact ever made.

Would rather have a Panda 4x4.

Pickups are the pinnacle of jack of all trades. .

lolno

If by jack of all trades you mean "trying to be everything and failing at all of them" then yes.

Nice overpriced Polo.

>talking about looks only
>"lolol Audi rebadged VW VAG shit TDI lolol"

Get back to your basement.

>VAG fangirl got triggered
lel

>no covered cargo area
>shit to park
>higher fuel consumption thanks to hauling several feet of empty bed around with you every single day
If only there was something like a separate cargo area on its own set of wheels that you could flexibly attach to the rear of your car when needed!

>starting price 33.000€ (AYY LMAO)
>of course with basic black non metallic paint (+585€ for other colours)
>S sport seats are optional and leather upholstery is compulsory: +1990€
>Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone: +350€
>Standard cruise control: +250€ (AYY LMAO)
>Painted calipers: +350€

Total: 36.100€

The Abarth Grande Punto EVO costed 19.400€ + Abarth performance parts sold aftermarket.

Standard Sport seats for the Abarth Punto Evo.

No, not in a million years.
The lines don't flow as well, aesthetically speaking.

thats not even a fiat car, that's the abarth version that has the same front as the south american punto. the regular european punto front is ratter shitty. But I do agree with you

>the Punto is the most beautiful sub-compact ever made.

the one released here is, I had an orange one myself for many years

I don't really have a problem with it, if you buy a Fiat it's because it's cheap, not because you're getting the nicest truck on the market

I think that is literally the cheapest truck on the market as well

It's a Punto Evo, all of them have that weird mouthguard thing.
The Grande Punto is probably what you're thinking of.

Yes that's it, here the Grande Punto is just called punto and we don't have a "regular one". I think the Evo here is called Punto Blackmotion but I'm not sure if it's the same

>thats not even a fiat car, that's the abarth version that has the same front as the south american punto.

U wot?

The Abarth Punto had two models, the first one based on the Grande Punto and the one in the message you quoted based on the second big refresh called Grande Punto Evo.

At the moment the last generation of that car is simply called Punto, but it's the same car as 10 years ago improved over ad over year after year.

The first gen of Abarth Grande Punto had the 1.4 T-Jet @ 155 hp, if you ordered (also possible aftermarket @ Abarth dealership) the ESSESSE performance package the car would've been upgraded to 180 hp among with other improved parts.

The Abarth Grande Punto EVO had the newer 1.4 Multiair @ 165 hp (180 hp for the ESSESSE).

Hm, that's a Punto Evo.

>pic related is all the european puntos

Ok let me rephrase it because I messed up, fucking headache.

The modern Fiat Punto had 3 generations

Grande Punto (2005-2009) --> Punto EVO (2008-2012) --> Punto (2012-today)

The Abarth models are based only on the first two generations, the Grande Punto and the Punto EVO.

They decided not to make an Abarth out of the "2012-->current year" Punto, and that's sad.

Hm, pretty sure Abarth Puntos (be it the Grande or the Evo) only had T-Jet engines.

Why would they, the current Punto is Just the Evo without the ugly ass black bumper piece. Engine, suspension, interior wise its all the same.

Multiair is literally a tjet with valve timing (multiair module)
I love how they made shitty 1.4 90hp engine one of the Best ever with Just a tarbo

Yes it is. Same engine block. But I think the only car that actually has a multiair is the 124.
All the rest of the lineup are T-Jets (save for the twinair).

I always read Multiar in the reviews and tests, also owners confirmed the different erogation between t-jet Abarths and multiair, the latter being more linear and less brutal from low to high rpms when tarbo kicked in.

Also different Euro classes.

Yeah, you might be right. Just checked the Alfa website and there is a Multiair Mito.

Nah, multiair is in a lot of fiats and alfas lineup.
Fiat:
500x - 140hp
Punto Evo - 135hp
Alfa:
Mito - 135, 170hp
Giulietta - 135, 170 hp
Abarth:
Grande - 165, 180 hp
500 - 135, 165, 180 hp
Evo - 165, 180 hp

Multiair has a few variations of it, the base 1.4 NA with 105 hp, the tjet with 135 (later boosted to 140), and the tjet with a bigger tarbo with 165 (170 in alfas, later boosted to 180). The fiar 124 has the 140, while the abarth 124 has the 170, both are multiair. Tjets without multiair only.come in two options: 120 and 150 (boosted to 155 later)
t. Fiat dealer

If you're interested, here are some other infos from allpar: allpar.com/cars/adopted/fiat/500-abarth.html

Also the Giulia was the first to introduce the new Multiair 2 engines.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWKAqAK4Kf8

What? The Fiat equivalent looks world's better than the L200... And that's coming from a Mitsubishi fanboy.

That's what everyone said when the last one came out. The new one looks fine.
While I wouldn't touch an Amarok with a ten foot pole, you're absolutely right. It is a good looking truck if nothing else.

The bottom grille on the Fiat looks too wide to me, and of course they made it that eternal fucking scowling shape.
The top grille on the Mitsubishi is a bit much though.

>i think the weight of a bed is notable
>I think it's more reasonable to add 15 ft to the back of an already large vehicle than having a bed

busriders really are a special kind of stupid

nah

That's a compact, not sub-compact, friend.

>Tjets without multiair only.come in two options: 120 and 150 (boosted to 155 later)
Pretty sure the T-Jets in the 595 and 695 and the Punto Scorpione, etc are more powerful.

my bad, then this instead.

Fair enough.

See, I like the bottom air dam. Even then though, if I was to buy one I'd probably drive it straight to the nearest ARB outlet and order a colour coded bullbar for it... I'd imagine the L200 model would fit without too many hassles.

>Pickup truck
>Niche invention
Alright Sven, I know you've never turned a wrench or ever even seen a farm but they are not extremely niche

What I don't get is Arbath being just a version and not another brand, can you walk into a Fiat dealership and buy a car with the Abarth brand? I never tried but considering that I never saw a FIAT dealer carring an abarth model and only saw like 3 or 5 abarth cars in the street I assumed not

Dumb invention. Extremely niche at best, as in probably no more than four people for whom a pickup is better than the alternatives.

Claiming something is when it isn't, doesn't make it so. Sorry Sven

You probably don't have the Grand Siena in Europe but lemme tell ya about how they totally fucked the branding with this fiat car in south america.

So pic is the Grand Siena they sell in Argentina since the 00's with the fiat brand, it was based of another car from Fiat, the Palio but their desing have long drifted apart.

The Fiat brand has some problems being associated with cheap cars in Argentina, so when FCA was formed they changed the Siena to the dodge brand, raised the price and sold under the name Dodge Vista.

The problem is: they didn't have the money needed to do a facelift, so they just changed the badges,keep in mind that the dodge bagde is shield shaped and FIAT's is circular, and made this hideous creature

*Correction: they changed the name to Dodge Vision

So now FCA has two identical cars with diferent brands on the same market but no one buys the Vision cuz it's expensive AF, so instead of lowering the price slightly to push sales they just FUCKING dropped the price of the Vision to 2/3 the Price of the Siena and no one want's to buy it because the price of the Siena was already reasonable and they think there is something wrong with the Vision because it had such a drop in price.

So they decide to invest money and facelift the Dodge model (change the front grill and use real dodge logos ) pic is the result

To try and make a new start for the model they also changed the name from Vision to Polara, trying to recall the old Polara sold in the 70's.

But the problem is: Look at how they writen polara... isn't something familiar there?

They just fucking used the logo from the Palio, a FIAT car that is being sold in Argentina to this day!! How fucking hard could it be to desing one fucking P?

That's why the chinise are buying Fiat, because of stupidity like that

>the chinese are buying Fiat

That won't happen since Exxor holds 30% of the shares

Imma tell you, they better get rid of FIAT, here in Brazil were they were the lider for 12 consecutive years now they are on the verge of becoming bankrupt, FIAT is not lasting long being run this way

It looks like a retarded bloated Ram with a Ford like grill.

Oh look it's Honda Fridgeline

Does VAG still have a design department??

Sorry toots, but a Ridgeline ain't a proper truck.

>why yes of course it's smarter to drive around with six feet of useless bed attached to your vehicle the entire time instead of attaching an actual sizeable bed to it on the 17 days a year you actually require one
Unless you have work related requirements that necessitate a truck bed on a daily basis or a truck bed and a trailer on a regular basis, a trailer beats a truck bed by itself in every single regard. Same, if not better load capacity, larger load area, easier to load, cheaper, isn't glued to your ass 365 days a year.

only poor people buy fiats in europe except the yuppies who love the 500