google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:

Previously on /dbt/:

Post bikes

poorfag with no car here, picking this up this week for $1300 did I do good or am I a dummy?

>be riding pic related but in worse condition
>see tons of cute girls wearing revealing things
>you will never have anything to do with them
>some turk in his BMW showed me the middle finger for whatever reason
>atleast some super moto boyracer greets me

life sucks and i want a real bike already

My buddy has one with a wide ratio 6 speed gearbox and it's fucking awesome. Learn how to use the decompression lever though those bikes are very hard to kick over. It's got the throw of a 2 stroke

Are you 16?

>some turk in his BMW showed me the middle finger for whatever reason

looks good user. that's about what I paid for my klr. when are we going riding together

21 but I'm working on my A2

Just buy a fucking bike

but I have no license yet

Researching between the Kawasaki Vulcan S and the Honda Rebel 500 for a starter bike, or something of that style. Any suggestions?

So no bike and no license.
What the fuck are you doing here?

yeah, the guy is selling it so he can buy an electric start for this very reason, all these older kick start only enduros seem to have the same problem. It should be easy once you get the pattern down though no?

A used bike, you will want to upgrade and that way you won't loose so much money

Whining/complaining while on the bus like the rest of Veeky Forums probably

Go sit with the rest of Veeky Forums and wait for your bus

Vulcan, not even a question
Buy used, the new market is not worth it

nah m8

Yeah there's a nice CB400 with 10Mm mileage not far from my place

I drive my dad's S5 and the moped I posted earlier. What are you on about?

Bus would be faster desu

less fun tho

I found a used 2016 model less than a year old for $6800 CDN, but probably not "used" enough for what I should be looking for

nice scooter

bro pls remove reflector

do I want the arrow exhaust?

Post pics

>SV is gonna sell on Friday and I'll already get my MT09 on wednesday

Today was a good day, fucking finally.
Criminally under value tho.

>shaft
>belt
>chain
Which is best good gois

You're gonna love it. Pic related is my only ride, I'm a nocar. It's cheap as shit to run and insure and I get 70mpg running stock. Looks like he put a heat shield on the stock exhaust and moved rear indicators back, probably for saddlebags. You can check under the seat if he cut a hole in the air box or rejet but with stock exhaust, maybe not.
Make sure you keep up on oil changes and check your oil level when you refuel. If you ride the highway for extended periods it'll likely burn oil. It'll handle 65 no problem. 70-80mph in short bursts.
Also to properly check oil, the bike has to be warmed up. If you do it cold you get a false low reading. You can get a gallon of Rotella diesel motor oil for $13 at Walmart, it has the right rating/specs for wet clutches and it's good in air cooled engines.
Join us on advrider dr350 thread

>anything other than akrapovic or yoshimura
Just going to hurt the resale value of the bike

Harley or go home, poser

arrow won't hurt the resale, it's probably the best bet for that. There's even an oem map that you can get flashed specifically for it at the dealer (ecu's are locked from tuneecu on thet 13+ model years, so otherwise you're using a power commander).

Shaft for comfy low maintenance
Chain for power

Headers too? If so I'd go for it

Chain, shaft has its pluses, but it's really not worth the weight and power loss, belt is a meme.

that's just the slip-on

>chain
+3% power loss
-Occasionally check and lube
>shaft
-30% power loss (probably more)
+Should outlast bike
-If it doesn't it will cost more than the bike
>belt
Imagine combining the 2 while taking all their downsides
+long-ish life
-will require serious disassembly to change
-if a pulley starts acting up it'll chew belts and be expensive
-power is not only most, but delayed since it's all rubbery
+but hey, at least it's quiet

hell yeah dawg, thanks for the info. Any other tips I should know? issues he mentioned on that bike particularly is he's selling it without a battery, and the tachometer is whacky and the needle just goes all over the place. Also says the horn is dead but probably because no battery?

Slipons shouldn't need a remap. That's in normal ECU automatic adjustability range

I've always wanted to color in the branding on my tyres and now i have mismatching front and rear
Should i go for it for extra memery?
Will sharpie take the rain well?

>-If it doesn't it will cost more than the bike
My bike is worth more than €550

Tirepenz

Canadian tire sells them if youre canadian. Or probably even if you're an American in Canada; they dont even check

>-30% power loss (probably more)
How do you get 30% power loss if a bike has 85hp at crank and 80hp at the wheel, with a shaft? -30% would mean 60hp at the wheel.

Couplings, mostly
It's why you should use a longitudinal engine, using only one right angle coupling vastly reduces power loss

>he thinks aftermarket cans do anything other than reduce weight and change the sound
Lmao, you rural retard

Do you know any bike with shaft, without a longitudinal engine?

Also, please explain the 30% loss meme with the figures I gave.

K1200/k1300 were shaft i4s with big power loss in transmission

>-Occasionally check and lube

Or just get one of these

So it's not exactly the shaft, but the transition in movement direction.

Super Tenere. I've never heard the 30% power loss figure either, in my experience it's usually about 20%, but that is with a longitudinal engine so he may be right.

Im not the original poster you were replying to, but yes you will always lose more comparatively to an opposed twin

And sling shit everywhere.

Honda's Shadow 750 is exactly that.
So is the Vulcan 750 as a matter of fact.

Manageable actually. Only occasionally need to wipe some gunk off my rearsets, the rest stay clean.

As long as you use "their" oil at least, don't know how other stuff fares.

Worth it for me, I ride daily.

What about the wheel and tire?
I've considered the Scottoiler in the past but it seems like a good way to get things dirty.
I prefer chain wax as well

>don't even own a bike yet

literally a poser

Just got my gear for the MSF course, still need boots n knee pads. Thanks for reading my blog you bitch

No oil on wheel and tire, at least none I ever noticed.
I chose this over the scottoiler because you don't need to hook anything up, it works with some weird hydraulic/magnetic mechanism.

How is chain wax? Never heard of that

Half the people here are nobikes so you fit right in.

Sounds like some basic electrical problems stemming from that missing battery. The bike will run without it but to get the other electrics working you'll either want to get a battery or use a capacitor in its place. I forget the specs on the capacitor but these bikes are old enough that every possible problem has been discussed online.
If the tach is still wild after you replace the battery, maybe some wires have broken somewhere. That's typical since a lot of them are exposed and get bent over time.

Who /bikeasdailydriver/ here?

it's not my daily for work purposes, but I ride every day.

>retro bikes are classy af

Basically road hazard obsolete junk which is only affordable to NEET virgins and sissytrap faggots that shove anime-themed buttplugs up their asses because mommy only had enough money to buy them a shitty roadjunk bike. Hmmmm

Already getting tired of my lil 125, it's time for the A2 licence
Looking to buy new, any recommended baikus? Heard you can restrict the bigger ones so once I get A I'm "free".
Was thinking more into naked type bikes or sports

Used to, until I changed job

Honda shadow phantom kunt

Only the most practical bike for a dd

>onboard computer says I should get nearly 300 miles to the tank easy
>its 20 litre

whoa

of course

I look down upon weekend warrior/fair weather riders.

What bike?

I get ~300km in 20L

this one

That one has about the same range, just slightly more.
The computer is lying.

I've gone to nearly 250 miles on one tank with it saying there's a bit left though so it can't be.

Get only 250ks for 18 litres. I should stop racing police cars at 04:00am

I can stretch it to about 350, but I don't trust my tank, that's supposed to be 22L, but I've never got more than 20L in and that was after it was emptied with a pump.

I daily it 5 days of the week and clean it the other two

My KLR 650 does 350k on 18L.

>knee pads
Are those for all the cocks you suck?

Does he look like a cruiser rider?

Well he did buy a DS helmet when he's probably going to be riding street

I get just over 200km for 10L, and that's riding like a typical sumo goon

>if your bike isn't a 2015 its crap.
>If you like things, you're crap.

Man, I bet people ask you out for drinks all the time, huh?

>looking for a LAMS bike
>thinking of a cheap GS500
>start researching the CB400
>2-3x the price
But it looks so much nicer. Now I'm worried that I'll spend too much on my first bike, where I could spend more on gear.
Is $6k AUD too much for a first bike? I'd probably have to borrow some money from my dad, which I didn't want to do.

>2015
>not having the current model year
Fucking poorfag I swear

He's right though. Old bikes are shit for hipsters

im the guy

im going to daily an xr650l, it wont just be for street use

How much does your insurance cost?

vulcan all the way, the new rebel 500s I think are pretty cool but i would not pay that much money for a new one.

Man I just sold my GSX-R600 because I didn't have the space anymore. I can't get another bike soon enough.

>Tfw my monthly payment is the same as your yearly

How tf do I get this exhaust system apart. I'm about to bust out the sawzall, its unreal how stuck together it is

fuck still had the old thread up when I turned on my pc

yeah that's the stock crank hp
the bike was dyno'd and made 162whp with a full yoshi pipe, filter, velocity stacks, pc3 at near sea level

new bikes are making 180whp with just ecu mods