/emugen/ Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4852
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6cnm1e/does_anyone_else_think_that_all_libretro_cores/
twitter.com/libretro/status/829426182894583813
github.com/libretro/dolphin/commit/09a1d85ed0ef4e00e9b39b1377976e0bfe598b0e
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#Xbox
emucr.com/2017/01/xqemu-git-20170109.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

DOSBox or ScummVM?

No one's writing a dynarec for mednafen on WiiU.

The bounty could be 10K and it still wouldn't budge.

On what platform?

Windows 7, want to play Waxworks and other horror/creepy DOS games

ScummVM

DOSBox then. And try Legacy.

Thanks! Definitely will try it out!

It's $200, we bigbux now

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4852

How long before someone slaps PCSXR's old shitty PPC dynarec onto it and takes the money?

Better than what we've got right now.

When will RetroArch incorporate PCE-Accurate for PC Engine?

Wave a dollar and they will incorporate it.

Make a reddit thread about it, SP still lurks there

SP still lurks here.

What's the difference, code-wise? Is there any reason why the pce-fast code couldn't be replaced with the pce code with no changes to libretro.cpp?

no he doesn't. you don't know that. stop your fearmongering.

>@inolen recently did that with Redream, and I saw MarathonMan making a libretro port of CEN64 in some commit as well.

Two threads ago he put links to those commits. But I get it, he is not NEET, never had a trip, doesn't check Veeky Forums every hour.

Well I've just read the PCSX2 progress report and it's FUCKING NOTHING.

And it will never be something. Dead end emulator.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6cnm1e/does_anyone_else_think_that_all_libretro_cores/

Oh boy here we go

Let us pray for Play!

> "DanteAlighieri64libretro/retroarch developer [score hidden]"
> score hidden
I wonder why...

>linking to reddit
go and stay go.

Incompetence?

> What I don't do, however, is do the secret 'nerd' handshake just to appear 'hip' and 'cool' with the 'kool kids'.

Tone down this autism ffs

SP, man with the smallest ego on whole frontend scene.

As someone who has used both, I can say with some confidence you're both shit communities full of faggots.

he isn't nearly as talented as jason from launchbox.

>Nooo stop linking to the place where emudevs actually talk

Fuck off back there faggots. We do not like your kind round here.

Fuck you and mother too.

I already fucked you mother. She said hi and would you please go back to the shithole you came from.

Autism

No one likes whiny bitches but here you are anyway.

Hyper autism.

Then that makes it easier for me to go do just that and be able to claim credit for porting a core

Is that why your mom does not like you?

say that to my face irl watch what happens

Autism.

No user, my mom likes me. It's my dad that doesn't like me.

That post confirms that there's (supposedly) some work been done behind the scenes on the PPSSPP Core and something about a whole new port of PPSSPP to Libretro. I'm not a RA User, but that sounds something really nice to be aware of.

that was supposed to be a secret. there's only a few who know about that, and now i know who you are. i'm NEVER telling you anything ever again.

twitter.com/libretro/status/829426182894583813

Check date.

Drama!

SQUAWEPOOSHA

Frontend devs shouldn't have the same rights emudevs have

take it to /pol

Reminder that SP embezzled money and will get away with it.

>If you're on Linux, CEMU can be run using WINE with unexpectedly good results. Compared to performance on Windows, it runs in full speed with no noticeable input lag for instance.
hold on, what? it runs better on wine? why

Because unoptimized trash.

>it runs better on wine?
No. Compared to. As in, it's the same.

What they don't tell you is that it requires 16 hours of typing code in to terminal, just to move the mouse over to the wine directory. Then another 24 hours of code lines to open it.

Linux not even once.

February, were there plans of making the new port thing back then? We don't know the full situation, what Dante said on Reddit could have been decided somewhat recently.

>hold on, what? it runs better on wine? why

Cemu uses OpenGL, which usually performs better on Windows

The real question is why there isn't a Linux port of Cemu

>why isn't there a linux port of cemu
nah. nobody cares why

The right to be a fartsniffing cunt? Pretty sure that's a universal right.

because it actually runs better in wine LuLz

Less talking more coding, cunt.

Use a real OS like OpenBSD.

>point at him and laugh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

New Dolphin port was started two days earlier by aliaspider. Perhaps new PPSSPP core also will also be done by him because of Daniel/Dante 'my forks always must be different' autism.

github.com/libretro/dolphin/commit/09a1d85ed0ef4e00e9b39b1377976e0bfe598b0e

Yer all cunts. 'nuff said.

Over $1k /month

There's literally nothing wrong with fartsniffing.

Ohkay, now that is certainly concerning. The new port has been a work in progress for 3 months already and there's no news from them except "we're working on it"? Not even a showcase to see how it runs or anything?

It is when you do it in public and expect other people to praise your fart as well.

Reminder that you're a jealous pajeet who can't prove shit

No showcase, no code so far for ppsspp. I guess porting Dolphin is harder than they thought or aliaspider has much less free time than SP (only 10 commits on dolphin core in last month).

Holy shit LaunchBox is good, this is what Retroarch should aim to be.
Sucks having to pay money for it though.

Have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior though? The EULA requires that you pledge to gargle his sacred Judean balls at least once every fortnight.

it's a sophisticated, high-society appreciation that degenerates and plebs like you wouldn't understand. I don't expect praise so much as i cultivate critique.

Yesm I have.
Is there a way to pirate Premium Launchbox?

i think mudlord said he's gun crackit

Will an i5 4590 ever be able to play Breath of the Wild at constant 30FPS in 1080p, or has optimization for CEMU hit the wall?

What's so great about premium lunchbox

Assuming cemu development doesn't stop any time soon, it probably will after a while.
My 4690k @ 4.5ghz already runs at full speed in a lot of areas.

SP has no source of income. Suddenly he's buying TVs, PS4's, etc.

He's taking all the profits from the Patreon and spending it on his own shit.

All that shit about the corruption of money is just projection.

not teh profits!

NO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>SP has no source of income

Citation needed.

>Suddenly he's buying TVs, PS4's, etc.

He was buying stuff before Patreon.

>He's taking all the profits from the Patreon and spending it on his own shit.

Citation needed.

>All that shit about the corruption of money is just projection.

I'm sure it was but that is beside the point.

Sp railed against emudevs who see themselves as "entrepreneurs". Now he turns around and is a small time entrepreneur himself? That's massive hypocricy.

And the Patreon is "Support RetroArch's development and web costs". Not "Buy Squarepusher PS4 games and a new TV".

It's dishonest.

>Citation needed.

He doesn't work and appears to live in some basement.

>appears to live in some basement.
Never heard of souterrain flats?

>it's dishonest
so, he's dishonest.
it changes absolutely nothing about retroarch.
>doesn't work and lives in a basement
so, you would refuse him a tv and ps4?

I love all that proof you have for your accusations.

I also love how fucking jealous you are that SP got a PS4, games, and a TV. Apparently, SP must never be allowed to spend his own income that has obviously been freed up by Patreon covering server costs and other shit that he was paying out of pocket before.

inb4 wiki spam

I don't know I don't have premium I'm not paying money for it

I've seen some of the new tests in the Johngodgames (or something) channel, anyone here know exactly how to set up the xqemu emulator on Windows ?

>latest git build
>sound is broken
woah so this is the power of pcsx2

Theres no DRM

Look on the XQemu page on the wiki. Note that the Windows build has a bug that makes it run 10x+ slower than it should though.

>XQEMU
Don't waste your time, it's completely unplayable. Cxbx-reloaded at least starts some games up but the sounds and graphics are completely fucked.

By following the steps there... nothing. JayFoxRox even created a new issue about the emulator being to hard to compile/use (even for some devs).
It's unplayable, but in fact the compatibility of xqemu is higher than CxBx-Reloaded now. I just want to test stuff, I know the actual performance is too slow to really play anything

You mean kicking you to the dashboard, or nothing at all? If it's not booting the game and loading the dashboard, just quit and try again. It only boots the game for me around 1 every 10 tries.
If nothing at all, you sure you got the BIOS, mcpx ROM and a HDD image, and are correctly pointing to them in your cmdline argument?

Am I a retard and cant find a preset keyboard set up, or do I have to manually set up my keybindings for pcsx2?

I've deleted everything here, can you upload your files somewhere (you can put a "dummy" file in the place of the copyrighted stuff)

Using the files on the wiki, and a build from emucr:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#Xbox
emucr.com/2017/01/xqemu-git-20170109.html
Put the BIOS/ROM/HDD image in the same folder as the qemu .exes, not in the pc-bios folder. Using xbox-4627_debug.bin for the BIOS, but any should work.

And then byuu comes in to add his own salty two cents, once again bringing up how bsnes-mercury is destroying accuracy for everyone by having non accuracy impacting optimizations and optional (and off-by-default) restoration of HLE coprocessors.

>And some of us (myself again included) have our own emulator abstraction APIs, so having a second one would be quite redundant.

What he doesn't mention is that he originally used libsnes but went full NIH when other people started using it, and replaced it with something different and incompatible just to spite them. The dude did the same thing with his XML shader format.

>XML
Byuu actually created his own version of XML, BML.