Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

>beta will never die edition
Ye olde: This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and the currently in beta Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIN47jnyTgw
youtube.com/watch?v=rA2T58zthEs
discord.gg/RpBXGu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for gookin cookin

what is the little helicopter for?

it gives recon on the enemy right?.. but so does everything else so it seems a bit redundant

i cant imagine a commander ever sitting in my chopper either

>conceding defeat to the runecoons and surrendering the /rsg/ title
Sad!

it has a radio so the commander should sit in it and mark and call his own arty

It's just some cuck OP. Some time we will take /rsg/ for ourselves.

It has a baller minigun and the commander can ride shotgun, would love to try that one day but they always ignore me when asking them to pick me up.

>That one second you spawn on the squad leader and you have no clue where you are.

is the beta still going?

It was supposed to be able to deploy smokes quick, but that was cut. You can still see them in the in-game model.

You can go die and respawn straight in the loach.

Now that's neat.

for another hour.

>people that play US and don't pick a black guy
Do they want to be TK'd or something?

That's what happens when you pick a nigger.

You can't mark arty from up there, but if you've competent SL's, it makes a nice perch to observe where support is needed from. Beats sitting at a ground radio anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=cIN47jnyTgw
It says you can, just gotta zoom in or something first.

What about that hands-free mark you can do?

Scrub here, how do I git gud?

Please don't tell me I'd have to turn my graphics way down and/or sink thousands of hours into twitch reflex training, I'd hate for this to be Siege 2: Vietnam Boogaloo.

Move less aim more.

Check map
Go slow
Learn maps
Don't be afraid of sitting in the same spot for a bit and shooting someone in the ass
K/D don't matter

I was just doing the "hold F" way, no zooming.

Let me set rallypoints and LZ's. It'd be great if you could set from the air. Hopefully I just missed it.

No, you see, you have to spook the gook, THEN cook the gook. It's improves the taste.

walk out to a flank and push out as far as you can
shoot enemies in the back as they try to go to point
don't miss

Shame the majority of customization is locked behind levels, I'd be playing and RP'ing as Osiris all day long

Averaging 20 kills and 5 caps a match is pretty good.

It's not though. Veterans look like veterans and the new players all look like FNGs. I'm glad progression is locked like it is.

>not keeping your shit clean to be a sleeper MVP
lord knows I'm murdering the shit outta those shirtless retards.

Devs just posted that it's less than an hour until beta ends. Be sure to take a screenshot of your beta stats, all that shit is getting reset. Here's mine, played since wave 5. Finally managed to break my shit k/d and get into the 1.00 territory. Being TL really helps.

This. Also full overalls is best camo for VC. Black GIs can be a bit better camo'd with less coverage at times though.

One match later and I'm at 0.68 and 0.00
It helped, but only a bit... So thanks a bit, I guess?

Kinda, but shit like looks more fun to me.

been playing since the pre-order

i started wave 5 too

If you are watching a spot where you are confident the enemy will be moving through, keep watching.
Patience is key when you're trying to tie down an advance.

>anti ass defenses are active

youtube.com/watch?v=rA2T58zthEs

>tfw this will never play as the VC go in for the final clutch defense

I'm gonna get a 3.0 kda when this game launches

>3.0 K/D
>using the worst Northern weapon
ok

I only found out about the hunting shotgun last thread famalam

even if you're playing rifleman, the SKS is altogether better.
If you're on Hue or Cu chi, you get Mosin, too, which is even better than both of them.

>Song Be
>200% of total wins
wut

>since open beta

shamefully shilling discord discord.gg/RpBXGu

>landing an RPG into a group of 6-7 burgers from the top of the water tower

GI GO HOME!

Not him, but how is the SKS in any way better than either AK variant? It fires the same round and has a mag a third the size of the AKs'

>Someone though top team was a stat worth of tracking in a game where you switch teams each round.

>not tracking which team you do better as in an asymmetrical warfare shooter

>Server switches teams
>I switch right back to the gooks
It's amusing to me.

From what i see it just tracks what team you play as more.

Playing this has got me itching for something a little bit more mil-simmy, any gooks got any recommendations?

It is more stable and accurate at range and has much less damage dropoff. Guys that take 2-3 hits at 70 meters with the AK will be dropped in 1 with the Simonov.

edgy

Arma with the unsung mod is pretty much on the money for vietnam war milsim autism.

I should advise you that Vietnam is a really nightmarish war to play in autistic milsims, largely because of how close engagements tend to be. You'll spend a lot of time walking through the jungle and then getting shredded by a burst you never saw coming.

Some dude I just played with seemed to think that beta was ongoing until release.

I know he's probably full of shit/mistaken, but I've genuinely not enjoyed a multiplayer fps this much for about a decade. I hope to christ they never add ground vehicles.

Isn't Arma 3 garbage online because of the shitty fps no matter what gpu you have? Or is that just in Altis?

It ends in 4 minutes or so.

Well I've been able to run the game at 60 when playing with friends online so I don't think its arma 3 thats the problem.

I thought so as well. Only got to play it for like 3 hours and want more dammit

>try to buy the game after playing the beta
>"Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Digital Deluxe: according to our records, you already own one or more of the items included in this package on Steam. If purchasing for yourself, you will not receive an extra copy of: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam"
This happen to anyone else?

I wait for you return, GI. Me wait long time. Maybe see you in jungle when game launch.

It's confusing the open beta with a full version of the game, I wouldn't worry

It's a known glitch in steam. It won't affect you at all. Official word from upon high is to just ignore it.

Thanks mate

Oh the game was free all weekend? I only got the email alert a few hours ago. Is it over now?

Sniperfu

And so this GI think I Dolly Donut for Red Cross and we go walk moonlight. He take me in arms to kiss me and I shove Punji stick in groin. He now POW Hanoi.

it would be neat to actually join a game of 64 people who take the game seriously
like squads stick together and stuff like that
leaders on mics

it would be interesting to watch as well

but a 32 person team is a lot of people to actually organise

GO

HOME

they should change cu chi town into two seperate points

the A clusterfuck is kinda boring for both sides imo
or just make the capture area twice as big like the wall in hue

UNTIL LAUNCH

Wait for release

i mean in all ro2 games lol
never played a game where everyone is on point,
its always just a team deathmatch/king of the hill merely pretending to be a tactical experience

Kinky

>Missing executable

reee

>get a headshot with each barrel of the hunting shotgun at 81m and 86m within 2 seconds
There should be an achievement for this.

The IZh-43 really just shits on the Ithaca 37.

>bayonet charge into a building with a mosin and kill 2 people with it

Fuck off. Discord is dogshit. If this catches on, the thread will be filled with pointless shitty drama and MUH FAMOUSE PLAYER garbage. Get lost.

It would need to have a great name. I'm all for an Evil Dead reference.

Ithaca is better at clearing buildings. 5>2 in that regard.

Yea, it's so great at range. The Ithaca is a bit better at hosing down an area, but that's it.

That would be great.

>upset because he's never the one to get internet popular and the centre of drama
go home gi

I thought I remembered from a gameplay preview months ago that said north vietnamese could avoid being spotted by the loach if they were kneeling or prone, something like that. Is that still the case?

Yes. If you go prone and don't move/shoot, you can't be spotted by aircraft.

Crouch and remain still, can't be seen
Or prone and move around

I shot some good footage today. I'll cut, merge and review it all tomorrow, and then upload some of it to keep the thread alive for a bit longer.

you notice this when you have ferns/grass appearing at the bottom of your screen, thats when you are hidden

owo what is this
a patch ?

I'm not at home now, can someone tell if we can still play now that the open beta has ended, or did they shut the game again until the release?

they are deleting the .exe from the game so you can't launch it until release

8 more days

NOOO THATS TOOO LOOONG

>Downloading 1.8 gb to delete a file.

Play campaign servers. Playing with actually coordinated team as Japs and steamrolling entire games with banzai charges is amazing feel.

Post your rarest achievements, lads.

cant see them anymore but uhh i guess the one where you kill two people with a single bullet

>pick sniper cuz haven't played that one yet
>watching dem ragdolls through beautiful 3D scope
I NEED MORE. TAKE ME BACK
BACK TO 'NAM

>Throw a grenade into a trench at C on TE_Hill
>BOOM-BOOM
>Blew up a VC's tripwire before he placed the second stake

>Got both of the achievements for it
noice

people still play on non-campaign servers?

Either the two in one bullet, or the White Feather.

my last achievement screenshot... probably have more rare ones that i didnt show :/