/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #164

Another ded thred edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroots are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/KP9pHQx9
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Previous dad:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zEufftYe
youtube.com/watch?v=dfHelHfUnaM
youtube.com/watch?v=51q-lBcZzNA
coriolis.edcd.io/
youtu.be/OfpxFFuGtTk?t=120
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886
robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/RDAD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the first reply to previous OP was update to ED pastebin
You messed up dude.

For the next OP the new ED pastebin:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

>
No way, the Retaliator is more like ...well historical example : The (old) B-1 bomber
It was made at a time where it was (believed) to be the best way to go past defense and unleash NUCLEAR HELL. It was their only use.

But nowadays we would be more likely to use smaller, more versatile bomber, hence the Eclipse.

>
Speculation from various planned features and what FPS allow:

- scan & discovers jump point (radar stuff, unless stated other ship should be able to do that too)
- travel while mapping jump point from inside (radar stuff)
- long distance scanning system (radar stuff)
- long distance quantum-travel (laaaarge fuel tank, cause there's no fuel station there)
- survive space/planetary condition (equipment?/special armor/shield slot?)
- land
- carry a rover/bike (to exterminate natives and carry priceless artifact)
- retrieve sciency sample (cargo), or even capture animals in cage
- take seed and try to cultivate them (only one ship boasted about space-farming the Endeavor)
- process science (medical lab or maybe a science module)
- heal yourself from the poisonous fauna/flora (medical bay)
- survive eventual ultra-advanced and dangerous alien precursor-technology
- or discovers the wreck&cadavers of a previous human exploration team who didn't make it back home
- make it back home

>tfw your favorite ship won't be flight ready for at least a year, maybe more.

On one hand it's sorta sad because I'm stuck with loaners even during the 3.0+ state, but on the other the redesign will be probably be really good since they'll have almost everything locked down and they'll know exactly how to build the thing into the world as opposed to building it hoping it works with the world.

Also here's hoping shitty turrets are removed, power armor station is added, and that it can drop a Rover from the skycrane like a Pelican from Halo.

>remeemer rework
is the tali going to receive the same treatment now that the eclipse has taken her place?

*deftly maneuvers behind your fully-equipped javelin*

psshhh.... nothing personnel.

*eclipse teleports in front of your bridge and vaporizes the command crew*

*instantly begins fragging the ship's population and pops your vessel without allowing a single lifepod to escape using his size ten FUCK-K1LL3R brand torpedoes*

try again kiddo...

*retrieves his stealth bomber and disappears into the black*

You had one fucking job to do as OP.

All you had to do was read the damn last posts, OP.

new ship when?

god damn. Nothing like these mass suicides on the surface of Kosmala Rewards. Nothing beats this gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=dfHelHfUnaM

when they need money, also soon

I wish, but I heard the Tali is already 100% made with the AEGIS style.
Maybe if it lack the proper destruction mesh? But even CIG is probably already using it for SQ42

It's barely less minmaxed than the pict in the last thread, mine laying? really?
At least it doesn't have the two corridor

And remove the frigging VTOL clusterfuck, they aren't even placed at the center of mass anyway.

I wanna break 300M tomorrow. I just dont know how much I need to build decent ship. Not even bothering with the big three tho

~350 million should be enough to A-rate a Python and leave you a comfortable buyback buffer.

well I have been eyeing Imperial Courier and Federal Gunship. If I could max both I would have two ships that handle and play very differently. Then I would also like to have have some ship for passenger missions

>tfw this slick social commentary piece will never be featured because it's too bold and taboo

youtube.com/watch?v=51q-lBcZzNA

Use this for prototyping: coriolis.edcd.io/
You'll know exactly how much you're gonna need and then gauge on how much you want.

what ship would you use for passenger missions?

I have unlimited money so I'd use the Beluga or Orca. But hell any ship will do so long as you don't want to transport luxury passengers for luxury cabins only go to the Beluga/Orca/Dolphin ships.

Orca is the true memeship

Orca looks nice. Is the large landing pad requirement a huge downside tho? Can it be used for hauling/mining?

What ship makes the passenger plane *ding* sound again when you boost? I require a video of it.

youtu.be/OfpxFFuGtTk?t=120

My A-rated all-multicannon gimbals Funship is just over 100 mil. iCourier is considerably less than that, around 20 mil probably.

Also, consider Orca. Such a wonderful ship, you won't want to fly anything else. They changed it at some point. From memeship with no passenger cabins and a jump range of a heavy assault ship, it's pretty good for general cruisin' now. I think they cut off some of its fats, so shields and FSD are quite a bit better.

But if you want to grind 10 minute hypervacations, consider a ship with maximum amount of optional internals - despite of the size. Sightseeing missions are usually just a few people who reserve a whole cabin.

It depends a lot, it could be a great mission filter. E.g. Sothis-Ceos, large-only restricts missions to stations, no detours to outposts. On the other hand, flying outside of a bubble too far could be dangerous

Orca.

well im not going to lie, Orca looks sexy as hell. I will gladly sacrifice some efficiency for the sake of aesthetics, for example I loved Adder because it sounded so good and had nice view from cockpit

For gunship I was thinking about going for fighterbay + gimbaled cannons

Look at this ass and buy an Orca.

These games are like their general

Dead

Go home space dads

Efficiency? Large cargo/passenger space, decent FSD range, fastest among large ships and handles gracefully.

Well, there are a couple of downsides that I might have forgotten to mention. It's long. Very long. If a mission brings you to a landing on, say, bumpy edge of a crater - good luck finding an acceptable landing spot - you better learn to drive fast. Another problem from that is cargo scoop, if you want to pick-up stuff in space, you better do it without rush.

Pic related. It was in a very dark shade which made everything harder. Then the mission glitched out, scans gave me data but didn't update the mission and i had to return.

Still more fun than doing the spreadsheets.

wouldnt Imperial Clipper be better than Orca tho?

Why do you force yourselves to talk about Star Citizen? I don't know why I keep coming back.

Like half of a single solar system out of 100 is several months away, and we haven't heard much about the majority of game systems being worked on. Just space ships (jpgs) and moons.

The stretch goals on this thing are like 4 years away at this rate, and that's only IF they stop pumping out more ship concepts.

I hope I can limit my visits to these crap threads to like every 3 months. Good luck to you guys.

Why settle for being a mere citizen when you can be elite?

*instantaneously facefucks whatever you were flying*

Except fighters or anything that sees it coming.

>
>is the tali going to receive the same treatment now that the eclipse has taken her place?

Assuming the genders of ships is bigoted

#breaking news

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

Has derek gone too far this time, is there anything he wont do to stop SC from coming out.

Tears are no longer enough Sandi, I thirst for blood.

Derek you have to be stopped.

God those kinds of exploration mechanics would be amazing. Even if a quarter of that made it in I would be happy.

it was better

Dunno, man, while I liked the concept art, I'm pretty happy with how the ship turned out, inside and out.

The urge to buy more spaceships is so strong

buy an eclipse, goyim.

don't you want to PVP competitively?

>implying it will be good for anything but sealclubbing the unsuspecting noobs on Auroras.

Well I do want at least one ship with LTI

lti is a joke bens fatass killed it

Manlets, when will they learn?

>implying size nine torps and above aren't recreational nukes

How many people are doing Quince and other shit? The Space IRA could use more manpower.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! I CANNOT BE STOPPED.

Also, PVP in an Eclipse? Against Monoboating Hornets? Are you mad? You'll get vaporized.

You are weak.

I swear, every time I see this, I think he gets bigger. In real life and in the picture.

I was about to make a spergy "teleports katana: Unsheathes behind you" post, but then I had a better thought.

The Vanguard and tally use the same turrets right? Will tally be able to rig a bunch of the Sentinels EWAR turrets and be the ultimate jamming ship?

Is the Eclipse just a gankship?

Its an org fleet ship, specialized for killing stuff alrger than itself, more or less useless alone, but quite dangerous if its part of a larger plan. Like the F-117 its job will be to strike first beforre the target is aware and neutralize some important defensive system, alternately It could be used for deniable attacks against targets your not supposed to be hitting.

I just wanted spess legs

FD already said that space legs won't be coming any time soon. Keep in mind that "soon" to Frontier means 4-6 months.

Come home, space man.

I hate that I'll probably be atmospheric landing in SC before I do so in ED

I'm entertaining myself with engies. Gonna unlock those dirty-dirty thrusters today.

I went and looked. Technically it looks like you can attach the Sentinel turret to the Retaliator, but I doubt it has the proper connections or internal hardware to make it work. The Vanguard Sentinel has specific E-War dedicated equipment stuffed into its escape pod in place of things that would be nice to have in the event you have to, you know... Escape.

Man if only the tally had large internal spaces which could be repurposed for uses besides their initial intent.

Makes sense. They need to wrap up Horizons first and do so along the explorations theme.

Spess legs are for running from spess aliens. But I still hope they make one-time -only excruciatingly long unskippable animation of you walking from the station to the ship and boarding it.

Worth the wait, I want them to do a good job on the atmospheric composition and clouds. Though it would really fit 2.4 if they added at least thin atmosphere landing.

Won't help if you don't re-engineer the interior to have the proper information connections to the turrets.

Are all ED money-making schemes dead still, or have more shown up?

i bought the $60 mustang or whatever and went into the universe and shit like wtf 20 fps and you people say this game is good I can't even fite against the pirates because this shit ship is garbage like wtf yeah pay to win will be this games lifeblood fuck you shitizens I'm going back to elite

It's like Im really in 2013 again.

they already have power, data, cooling pipes to each turret, not like each gun has its own sensor array, they're all feeding from the ships primary radar.

if any fucking dad think they are tough enough to play outside of solo mode i swear to god ill blow their anaconda up real fucking quick

Yeah I hope they don't half ass the atmospheres. I'm really hoping they include gas giants too but that might just be a pipe dream

I thought dads didnt play in solo.
Thats the reason they whine about pvp so much, they ahve MUH IMMERSHUN pbjections to solo mode but also don't want to be bother by those durned kids and their pee vee pee.

Dads are interesting creatures aren't they?

robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/RDAD

Some SC Orgs never fail to amuse me.

Wow, Reddit and Dads? Both of the things we hate!

>mature gamers that don’t mind you going afk without notice or hearing your screaming household while you play.
group of people that spent the first half of their life attaining status and possession, and the second half trying to escape it.

It's a weird to think about a tech demo having orgs

I can't remember if I'm in open or solo, but I'd imagine it's open given all the ships flying away from a Quince outpost

Or do they have NPCs doing more missions in parallel in solo now?

If I bought an Eclipse, how long do you think it would be before I actually get to fly it?

3 Months minumum likely, It may be an SQ42 ship in which case its fast track if its not, who knows might not be a for a long while.

The upside is that you get both a Tally and glad as loaners for it.

>177540921
The change with the lifepods was just because I seen dozens of complaints about having the lifepod way the fuck away from most of the ships. And I just threw a messhall into the old space for lack of anything else to put there.

Likewise a lot of people have complained about a lack of crew stations since every other multicrew ship has them, even the Retaliator's concept art

The bathroom/shower area is already on the ship, in fact I'd make it smaller than the current design. And the med bay is just the currently pointless captain's quarters.

But yeah, the small cargo plates was probably pushing it.

What ancient ass post are you linking to?

Guys reddit just cyber bullied me once again. I was simply saying that SQ42 had no chance or coming out this year and they got all pissy. Can we raid them just one time?

Press escape to see the mode. Or Ctrl+B to see bandwidth. If it's low, within 200 B/s you are alone

Wow there is a news van ship? Man they really think of everything

Not to mention that actual commando would have CMDR to their name if their chariot is targeted. Or that players have unfilled radar marks.

Did these sidewinders plunk themselves into the ground to respawn faster? Anyway, mass suicide is a sad thing, don't engage in it.

Is this a game yet?

It was a surprisingly fun arena combat space game for awhile, they then fucked that up with horrible ship balance and terrible flight mechanic changes in preparation for an mmo that's still years out

>no one's made a fidget spinner edit of the Thargoid ship yet
Part of me is disappointed.

>tfw you're a dirty dirty cock goblin

>ywn never be a cute slut

>fidget spinner

Where did this fad come from?

The patent expired

like trolling on Veeky Forums, raiding reddit is a waste of time, they're nothing but a giant circle jerk on literally any sub and they will explain away any thing and everything presented in a raid as "evil trolls, goons and smarties" The only thing ever worthwhile is making a standalone post and just letting it fly free, hope some borderline cultists see it and get the message. But there is no sane discussion to be had on reddit you will be drown out by legions of delusionals and drones.

Pissing into an ocean of piss.

Autism. Like literally they were suppose to help autistic kids keep calm.

>all these potential F1 monkeys
>circlejerking over an undead game and the game equivalent of an embryo with three Y chromosomes
>instead of helping fight my war against PanFam, Legacy, and Redswarm Federation