How is this a god-tier engine whatsoever...

How is this a god-tier engine whatsoever? Name one engineering quality that this engine posses that was either an advancement in the field of automotive engineering, or was an accomplishment of any kind, whatsoever.

the only argument for this engine is
>muh power/size, price/performance

The "power" the ls engines make is the same kind of output as a literal fucking truck engine. Low end torque is NOT remotely needed in a performance application at all, asides from maybe drag racing which is a joke and autistic as fuck.

They only exist because GM decided a long time ago to put a truck engine in a cars body and call it a sportscar. That is why the LS exists and corvette exist. Nowhere in there is anything worth mentioning engineering wise.

price/performance
Ls swaps usually cost over 20g if they're going to be anywhere near the "not half-assed" threshold, and for 20g you can pick almost any common engine, get the same output as an ls and the same reliability, which, is honestly fucking garbage. They have cooling problems, oiling problems, oil cooling problems, bent pushrods. etc and the fact that people glorify them as much as they do when they don't even come with forged connecting rods is just proof at how overrated these garbage ass truck engines are. Anyone who says they're anything but a garbage ass truck engine piece of shit is a fucking idiot and doesn't know anything about cars or engineering.

ur mom likes it

Nobody reply to this shit thread.

>smaller and lighter than engines with much less displacement
>more power than many bigger heavier engines

lol, i get it.

>ur mom likes bbc
lol, funny

both false.

even if the second one was true, it's only more powerful because it has low end power, which is useless in a performance vehicle. What do you go to the track and keep the revs between 2000rpm and 4000 rpm? No you keep it between redline and +/- 2000 rpm.

Face it, if any other manufacturer wanted to make an engine to compete with the LS they would, they would do it better, and they would make it more reliable. The reason they don't is because the whole concept of the LS engine is fucking stupid , outdated and irrelevant.

yeee booiiii, my boy BBC 572 havin his way with hurr right now

you gonna need to call up the mad scientist to clean out her manifolds after this one

its much better than rotary engines

Its actually not though.

It is though. Don't feel bad. It's better than a lot of other engines too. You're not the only one.

except it isn't? pushrods simply have no relevant racing history. meanwhile rotaries do.

Read n weep kiddo

LOL. literally inferior to a f150 v6.

ecoboost >all

the blue is the v6 ecoboost btw. V8 btfo

sperg more

not production. try again

>Twin turbo
>Only makes 15hp more

so you admit v8s can't compete?

Yet a rotary has won le mans And gm pushrod shit has never ever

pushrods are much better for the street

more reliable, less maintenance, doesn't burn oil by design

much easier to add power too

An LS swapped Beemer would actually make the car more powerful as well as more reliable while not fucking with the delicate weight balance. I'm not even mad.

Its easier to add more power to a 13brew than it is to do anything with ls shit
Youre an idiot

>muh reliability
Lol ls7 dropped valves
Lol lt4 thrown rods
Lol ls1 spun bearings

>There has been 0 issues with rotaries

Is this satire?

enjoy replacing apex seals

>an easy sandwich rebuild involving 3 little pieces of metal over 80.000 miles is worse than having to replace the entire engine because gm decided they're going to hire retarded boomers as their engineering team who literally cannot understand how to make a car that doesn't kill itself in the first 1000 miles.

proof that people who defend the ls are actually mentally handicapped.

I'll enjoy my le mans proven reliability
You enjoy 6 Mile engine eplqcements

Lets compare any LS engine to any RB engine, ls1 vs rb26, which weighs more?
thats right the rb26,
which makes less power?
that's right the rb26.
which is bigger?
that's right the rb26.

Why can't the japanese do anything right?
whats the excuse you can turbo charge the rb26?
well guess what you can turbo charge the ls1 and it is cheaper to do.

where did i say anything about an RB engine?

well whats so great about the rb26?
why does Veeky Forums like it and not the ls1?

because the ls1 is a fucking truck engine.

the rb26 is a meme engine and shit, but at least it actually attempts to do something useful in terms of pushing the engineering boundaries of it's time, whether it failed or succeeded is another story, but the ls is just the engine version of down syndrome. It doesn't do anything particularity well, and it just makes stupid noises and relies on goverment handouts to exist.

I can see someone is mad that his engine will never be as powerful as even an ls1

It's a compact aluminum block smallblock v8. The lsjaun is ancient but more modern ones like the LS3 are still very affordable and make north of 430 crank with stock restrictive exhausts. Saying it does nothing well is just being ignorant. And they're easy to make run in other vehicles due to no dual injectors/other fun stuff.