/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Stop buying Jump Potions.

>Stormblood Theme song
youtu.be/UmQm76wFfKk

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Letter from the Producer LIVE XXXVI Set for May 22!
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4d47f72b46e0a84af0eed3195615377b688a4756

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/J3tVdhYz

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fSdfPXFGuw0
docs.google.com/document/d/14ScQ9gCqZlghtQJgdbSuwJdXIaFBYjOOj5teGmKCDeY/preview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

happy merchant edition

Girls always make the cutest characters.

There's literally nothing wrong with paying $20 to skip 300 hours worth of filler story quests.

WHO /bahamut/ HERE

youtube.com/watch?v=fSdfPXFGuw0

I need a companion at adamantoise anyone interested?

happy merchant? more like play the fucking game you gay fag.

Pay for my levelling potion, piggy

I just quit WoW a few minutes ago and gave away all my gold. Thought about this game. Is it good? It certainly LOOKS better. Is the grind too terribly huge and long? Do I have to buy expansions? Is it expensive? Is it growing or dying?

>$25 dollars to play the fotm
oy vey

It'll grow now that people aren't forced to play through the shit story before playing the real content.

I miss my perfect and special greencat.

Maybe if you weren't NEET weeaboos $25 wouldn't be a lot of money to you.

DRGs and NINs, we can still be friends. Can't we.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE UNITED STATES OF PALADIN

but I'm not a neet, I'm a poor student

Maybe if you actually played the game you wouldn't need to waste 25$

So which jobs are going on the welfare bench?

its even more casual than wow with 2.5 sec GCD and now you can buy your levels so wow players should feel at home

I'd honestly rather just work an hour of overtime and skip 200 hours of fetch quests if I made an alt ever. Time is money.

>buy a game
>pay to skip every single piece of content in it

It's just retarded.

Back to cuteposting hour

I won't ever abandon haha my WAR main roots, but I'm really into the new PLD look and feel. I've always loved PLD tanking and if the hype train stays the way it is, we're all in for a treat

DRK here.

Should I just kill myself?

Is this like wow where they release a pre-expansion patch with all of the changes or is none of this shit coming until SB?

docs.google.com/document/d/14ScQ9gCqZlghtQJgdbSuwJdXIaFBYjOOj5teGmKCDeY/preview

PUT THIS IN THE OP PLS

doesn't have pacify anymore

WAR
原初の解放 (Release the Inner Beast)
Halves IB consumption while active
Makes you immune to stun/sleep/bind/heavy/knockback while active
Only usable in Deliverance, shares cooldown with Unchained
Costs 20 IB // Duration 20s // Cooldown 120s

WHM just lost Divine Seal so it

I've always wanted to play this game ever since I've been hearing good things about it. Now that I'm a NEET I have time and money to do so. So how do I get started? Will the game hold my hand and walk me through the entire game until endgame or will I be doing research by myself to figure out stuff?

White Mage. I was hoping to switch to it for raiding too. They've pretty much relegated it to being a class for casuals who only do roulettes by stating their intent for it to remain a "pure healer." Unless they make some really dramatic nerfs to scholar and axe the healing effects bonus from Synastry while at the same time adding loads and loads of raid-wide damage to the next tier.

How do I find friends on a server so dead that the only other active player is my alt account?

for an alt I kind of agree, the job potion is way more egregious

Sounds good

WHM, DRK, possibly NIN. Still unsure about SAM and RDM and what utility they contribute.

Pop Blood Price and do it.
It's over, my friend.

>possibly nin

you know we still have trick attack it isn't going anywhere...

do these class changes not take effect until stormblood launches?

Since I can never seem to get a straight answer, when the hell will we be able to play the new jobs?

what the fuck do you think

stormblood looks really good so far

I wish they showed what the sch things do

Well they're coming out with Stormblood, and there is a 4day early access to Stormblood if you pre-order, so if I had to wager a guess. 4 days before Stormblood release if you pre-order, on Stormblood release if not.

of course, why not?

>BLM pops ley lines
>life grip him out of it

>he demon circle teleports right back into it

get fucked kiddo

No
You have to wait for him to walk out himself and use his teleport
THEN you pull him out

Damnit. Well thank you for the straight answer

I have no issues with buying levels. I've grinded 2 characters and I honestly don't want to grind a third, POTD gets old fast. People complaining are just silly neets, I paid $60 to lvl boost in wow before so this seems great to me.

Holy shit that's cute. He looks so happy. They're just friends, right?

he gets that bp blown up on an hourly basis

Maybe very close friends

>still no sign of new gatherer/crafter AFs
what the heck? did i miss anything about this? are there even gonna be any, or will all gatherers and crafters be using the same gear in 4.0? cause that would kind of make sense and not flood your inventory/retainers but the AFs usually look so nice so it would kind of be a bummer

>give the whm more healing
I don't get it. Unless those flowers let you dispense some fantastic buffs, all this will do is antagonize players.

i will be the best b blm in the worl

shut up stupid lala and sit in my lap

The thing is that WHM still has the highest dps of all 3 healers, and now the caster on the party can feed the WHM mp. Divine seal was never really a must, it only allowed spells like medica II and regen to be more useful, since they added more instant casts theres less need for that.

DPS wise BLM+WHM combo will be extremely strong since BLM can feed WHM mp and the WHM can pull the BLM out of ley lines in case of emergency. WHM also has that new barrier.

Who wants to buy my partner in the new duo monk meta?

They didn't go over crafting/gathering yet

They're probably more powerful heals or shields
I just see it as WHM's version of Aether stacks or something

>It'll grow because you don't have to actually play the game now
Worked out well for WoW right?

for why ? i will never know

Do tank classes require low ping? Playing DRG now just makes me depressed.

Those aren't good things to be putting on a limited resource meter when the other two jobs can already cover necessary healing and dispense shields at will. Supposedly it has other functions, though, so they should try actually telling us what they are instead of encouraging complaints.

They either have no understanding of the balance issues with healers or they are purposely setting up WHM as a babby class. Another raid tier playing scholar and astro I guess. Watch that computer-y looking skill from the video turn out to be Scan and it will function like Foes or TA. And for Balance to be left as-is.

oh no

Yes?

for touches

Probably both. The devs dont balance the game around the 1% early progression raiding scene. After that nobody really cares about healer DPS in raids except /xivg/.

oh well im not very good with being touched or

spoken to

Its personal DPS is not high enough to outweigh Balance, even if you run full bore for a whole fight and never run out of MP. And who's going to trade the MP (or GCD) for an Astral-buffed Fire 4 for a Stone 4?

I want to play SCH and MCH for those computer-y skills desu

Post hyur tummy

>transfers part of your max mp
No BLM is ever going to mess with their rotation to help someone else, so this is a pointless skill.

>They didn't go over crafting/gathering yet
yeah just strikes me as kind of odd because i think with HW they showed the gatherer/crafting AFs at the same time as the combat ones i believe, but yeah guess we'll have to wait and see. next information isnt until E3 isnt it?

you're not very good at running away either... such a pity... such a pity...

>NIN is now bad xD

explain why without sounding like a complete retard. Are you aware that NIN boost raid damage by 10% from ALL sources of damage, and just not physical like the new MNK ability they teased?

in what universe is 10% more damage to the entire raid every minute somehow bad in stormblood because Goad is now a role ability for DPS instead of exclusively for NIN.

Get out of here, Dhoulmagus.

yoy will never find me

OH NO

>tfw NIN will probably have a personal DPS boost to make them competitive with the other melee dps and still provide TA and shit

>people talking about how good rescue is and whm x blm otp
>its a role skill
WHM btfo again

lmao

Stop.. you're turning me on

That will probably never be used because there are at least 5 skills there with more utility.

WORK THOSE CHAKRAS BOYS

tfw going to buy two for my alts

Only one healer needs to bring protect and eye for an eye, and Break is more than likely going to be useless in raid. Rescue will be an easy pick.

>Mana Shift - Transfer up to 20% of your max MP to target party member // 150s cooldown

once every 2 mins and half is doable.

>Esuna is an Add skill

hmm

Why do some classes look like they barely have anything new (as in, not even 5 skills new, like SCH) while others look completely different (BRD, MCH, AST)?

knight of ishgard seeking female voidsent to hit me in the head with various antique tea sets. Prior experience and good references a plus. pst.

>mnk giving people phys dmg boost
>"we saw that ninja and drg were taken over mnk because they actually brought something to the table"

MEANWHILE, BLM, SMN AND RDM ARE JUST FUCKED?

I still don't get this logic, why give all these pDPS classes dmg% increases/resistance debuffs and then just straight up not give anything to the casters?

Bard and Machinist don't count because they can do both. (well at least machinist can)

>BRD and MCH aren't casters anymore
im gonna

>scholar always gets the most boring spell additions and the ugliest AF gear
why do i even play this fucking gay job

>320 potency every GCD
HOW CAN OTHER MELEE DPS EVER RECOVER?

>he plays a cringelord thirst male character

It's never going to happen and you know it.

>esuna
>cleric
>divine seal
>swiftcast
>protect
>revive

>implying theres spot for rescue

Nobody is going to take a job for ONE skill especially on a cooldown.

Whats the damage report on my boy DRK?