/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 22st of May:
192 – Dong Zhuo is assassinated by his adopted son Lü Bu.
1176 – The Hashshashin attempt to murder Saladin near Aleppo.
1370 – The Brussels massacre: Several Jews are murdered and the rest of the Jewish community is banished from Brussels.
1849 – Future U.S. President Abraham Lincoln is issued a patent for an invention to lift boats, making him the only U.S. President to ever hold a patent.
1939 – World War II: Germany and Italy sign the Pact of Steel.
1943 – Joseph Stalin disbands the Comintern.

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Rhythm is a lancer
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-rhythm-is-a-lancer.1024061/

EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/uTf4Zu7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouranopithecus_macedoniensis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

québec

Okay, I'll ask right directly.
I want to fuck up the commie brits in Kaiserreich. What do?

1st for vicky mp in an hour

w&B

Went to war with the ottomans because they kept fucking with my tribute swarm, decided to sponsor some revolutionary rebels to even out things given they have essentially infinite manpower and well, few months after the war this happens

just how fucked is europe?

The Second Great Patriotic War has ended with the seizure of the sparsely populated coastal lands of Dobrudja. The war began after the Ottoman empire was abandoned by her Western allies following the rejection of the demands of the Congress of London. Austria Hungary joined in the war to try and retake the lands regained in the first patriotic war, but she was repelled.
Now Romania looks to the seas and distant lands to glory and inwards to education.
Which distant lands should I be looking to though?
I want Sumatra at some point for more oil.

The Brussels Massacre was justified

"""gsg"""

Congo

oyyyyyyyyyyyy

WTF i love t*rks now

Can I take Chinese treaty ports and still get the congo? Is it just no african colonies?

Post your games as minor nations. (Can be any paradox game.)

Conquering Nigeria is for fuckers who dn't nknow how to play you shitter

Krimming Russia.

Take the East of Turkey and Dagestan from Russia.

>basque country
>probably 10% basque at best

>quebec a republic rather than a bourbon monarchy

DISLIKE this very much

Is there any way to automate armies in Darkest Hour? I hear there's a way to do so in HOI3.
Sometimes I just want to relax and enjoy the events.

SUPPRIME ÇA

Romania has to blob

nice

You are being too optimistic there.

t.

>implying i'm wh*te

>red hair
typical c*lt child

Time for some good ole multiplayer

mod - HPM
checksum - PSGK
ip - 63.153.253.156

when are you starting?

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

probably like 15 minutes, whenever everyone starts spamming "start" in the chat
discord.gg/uTf4Zu7 also don't forget to join the group for classic mp organizing!

You can't have any colonial states at all if you want the Congo.

Are y'all infamy cheating or what is up with that amount of blobbing?

>40% liberal ideology
>0% liberal electorate vote

are you guys still in the lobby? t. taisho

What does the HOI3 flavormod add to the game?

The power of party loyalty.

In MEIOU + Taxes 2.0 Beta is anyone else having problems with Greater Nobles buildings disappearing after a few years and burghers never building anything, along with light ships going on missions for two days and then stopping in whatever sea tile they're in, e.g. Protecting trade or privateering

yes

assuming this isn't bait, i'll be there in a few minutes, gotta start for the first time today kek

never encountered this problem

might want to report this in the bug thread in the subforum

Having near to 0 infamy upon the discovery of Great Wars helps a lot. With every demand being 3.6 infamy, you can take 6 provinces easily that way.

Is HOI4 playable yet?

It will never be playable

Tall Krakow.

playable as in a mobile-tier arrowdrawing "game"?
yes

playable as in a proper gsg?

wew

hang on lads, steam browser is being a fucking moron atm and keeps crashing

1-3: DH KR Based Kolchak's Transamur
4-6: V2 7 years Russia -> Emerald Host
7-9: Twin Peaks
0: Modding

starting in 5

white men

ruling the world

Is new Twin Peaks out yet?
Is it any good?

is there a rehost or nah?

Why wouldn't you just do tall isolationist Japan if you wanted to not do wars or colonization?

yes
no

Yes

Vic2 3.04 w/ HPM (PSGK checksum)
IP: 108.24.113.17

clickbait article

"They're trying to use the structure of the mandible to draw a direct connection between Panini (modern survivors being chimps and bonobos) and Hominini (humans, gorillas, orangutans). Hominid in this context doesn't refer to a member of Hominini but a member of Hominidae, which is a much broader category containing both clades and several others.Most scientists who've studied it just assume it's from one of these, an early hominoid (ape):

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouranopithecus_macedoniensis

they're using modern tools to study the morphology of the ape's dental structure to determine how likely it is the specimen actually belonged to an early Ouranopithicus species and by their estimations it couldn't've actually belonged to Ouranopithicus because they're seeing a structure that only appears in fossils much later in the fossil record"

Join quickly for a fun multiplayer experience! Taisho get in here you nigger

its fine

How did you get immigration?

Why must Brazil in Vic 2 be so UNBASED?

What the fuck does that image have to do with /gsg/?

All of that pop growth came from Krakow itself, no immigration.

90% of gsg are hue lads

>being this new

Because no grain or coal so no liquor

How long have you been here. Tell me so I can laff.

>tfw you made that shitty piece of OC about 5 years ago now

time flies

>No grain in fucking BRAZIL

Nice ahistorical meme

Please tell me you haven't been here for 5 years m8. What have you been playing in that time? 6 months I've been into CK2 and EU4 and I'm bored of both.

Thats because vicky can only have 1 good per province and while there was grain coffee was produced more.

What a surprise, /gsg/ is full of permaNEET virgins like him.

wat do

NEET virgin here, can confirm

No need for hostility lad. I'm pretty jealous that someone could get 5 years out of a handful of games.

>Support loyalists
>Jack up Diplo rep hrough papacy and advisor
>Improve relations
You'll be fine. I was in the same situation in my Austria -> HRE game.

Is EU4 worth playing now or is that mod still in development?

NEETs are W&B, at least

It honestly scares me that EU4 is almost 4 years old alone now, I remember initially writing it off completely at launch, but now I just can't go back to EU3.

To be fair I hardly play any grand strategy or games at all now, fun to see others though. Need to get back into Vicky at the very least.

t. NEET pro

I still don't understand how that even happened

Why the fuck did the succession war pop up for me? I had nothing to do with the frogs other than having them rivalled

That aside this run is goddamn insanely lucky, it's 1481 and I got the burgundian inheritance, have shadow kingdom done, got bohemia, hungary and france in a PU, got the spanish habsburg event and I also got my dynasty on muscovy's throne via that very rare event you get via multiple royal marriages

Maybe I'll finally go for a wc and one faith

What would be a sensible first idea group for Persia? I intend to go Zoroastrian for the memes eventually, so maybe Religious?

>That aside this run is goddamn insanely lucky
I got a good run like that and just quit out of boredom. I don't have the stones for a WC because if one is going to happen, you need to be overpowered and steamrolling multiple great powers at the same time by 1550.

WC is insanely easy now with absolutism, quitting out of boredom is now the only problem you have when going for one

88th for heil hidler :-DDDD

Is that one of the new features with Mandate? I might look into it and then try it again.

It depends on how you want your game to go generally. If you intend to stick to roughly modern Iranian borders, not taking Admin is alright. But if you intend on blobbing even just through the Caucasus and parts of the Levant/Arabia, Admin is pretty much a necessary tree.

Either way, since you're not likely to go Zoroastrian before you get your next idea group, I wouldn't take Religious at the point you're at. Either take Admin now if you intend to blob, or go for Quantity so you can compete with the nations around you in manpower and forcelimit.

bravo HPM

When the FUCK will Paradox get back to making a new ROME title, gsg? What are the chances of it happening?

What are the chances of Paradox making a decent game

Yeah, absolutism gives you admin efficiency

If you want to cheese it a little you can kinda break the game and gain up to around 95% admin effiiciency

For example with max absolutism I was able to full annex ming in a single war and I still only had 70% OE

rate this Europe and my basic ass norse empire

Also, give me some ideas for what to do now. So far, my plans are:

Reform religion

Establish a merchant republic in Flanders and tag switch to it, with the intention of creating a kingdom-tier republic in the area, about the same borders as 1700s netherlands

Was thinking of tag switching to some slav and creating the großest empire purely for ensuring the mongols don't fuck up the game, but I'm not sure about after that

Hey /gsg/ I am planning on building a comfy Bogomilist + Greek Kingdom of Crimea. What exactly should my borders be and what is my rightful territory. This is what I had in mind for now.

What portrait mod are you using? I like your norse better.

>What exactly should my borders be and what is my rightful territory.
This is a bait post it fucking has to be.

>started before 1066