/ORG/ - Almost Autumn Adition

General offroad and overland edition. Enjoy summer while it lasts, fags.

Jeepfags on suicidewatch:
fourwheeler.com/news/1708-great-wall-motors-confirms-intent-to-purchase-jeep-brand/

Obligatory copypasta:
>Old Thread
>/out/ thread:
>>/out/1063263
>/pirate4x4/ thread:
pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/699969-anybody-here-surf-Veeky Forums-board.html

>ITT:
Jeep gets sold to chinks
>what do

Map that no one pegs anymore:
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
Discord for crow containment:
discord.gg/SenfAyU
Become a stickerfag but without the weebshit:
watracing.com/?product=off-road-general

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_Motors
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-toyota-4runner-limited/6263017281.html
youtu.be/iV3knY8oEjY
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=247272613&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&doorCount=FOUR_OR_FIVE&fuels=DIESEL&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=G 300GD&makeModelVariant1.modelGroupId=12&maxPrice=20000&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&fnai=prev
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop right now you nigger

>great-wall-motors-confirms-intent-to-purchase-jeep-brand
>great wall motors
what in the flying fuck is this?
what cars do they even make m8s?

GW Motors
Haven't you heard? The W is for Wumbo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_Motors

stop posting this shit in every thread

>heeps will now be made by chinks

what fucking shit is this?

An improvement over German/Italian Jeeps I'll bet.

toyota is made by a different type of chink. what's the problem?

indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-toyota-4runner-limited/6263017281.html

good deal for a 4runner?

Yes. If he has papers to back up what he says, do it. Looks like it was dailed too so probably wasn't handled too rough.

the timing belt replacement was what really caught my eye for the price

So go see if it was piloted by a stinky tublord or if it was repainted to cover up rust. If neither, buy it for that good price.

This is true, but on the correct of the Japan Sea.

>enjoy summer while it lasts
>mfw I'll actually have to drive in the snow this year

>tacofaggel
>snow

it was nice knowing you

Wish me luck this winter. Luckily it's mostly slush here, so it not like it'll get caked onto my wheels and make my tread completely useless.

But still it's snow and I'm still >2wd

>tfw came back from lunch to find my front left tyre almost dead flat
>inspect tyre for large cracks and/or nails
>have 33 inch Kumhos previous owner put on it and the spare tyre is just a normal tyre so shit out of luck
>plus I don't have a jack yet big enough to swap if I had to
>pumped tyre back up to 40psi and limped home doing 30 under the limit in case something happened
>quickly pull into service station on way home and check pressure, all good
>been home for an hour now, pressure still at 40, sprayed tyre with soapy water and checked for bubbles, nothing

I really fucking hope it was just a freak occurrence as I don't have the cash for a new tyre let alone a whole set at the moment.

Probably a sticky valve. At worse I'd take it to the tire shop and patch it if it's a puncture.

Ironically enough my sister just bought me a 4WD Puncture repair kit for my birthday last week, fucking psychic.

May need a rim service in the next few weeks

Can you do radial patches at home?

May need to buy a cheap 4 cylinder shitbox and just DD that instead, fucking Toyotas man.

>Scotty anti Merc posting still a thing years later
It's like I never left. Did that guy ever finish his MR2?

>rotates camera to make it look steep

Nah, he ran out of wafer thin cutting discs and couldn't find an alternative.
Personally, I wouldn't. I'm happy to pay to have the tire removed, patched, refitted and balanced. Pain in the ass doing it at home.

youtu.be/iV3knY8oEjY

>crownon lives on plantation
how many afros do you own

If I ever got stuck with a gf with the Personality and maintenance equivalency of a Landcruiser I think I would just stick to fucking the Landcruiser desu. Fuck me dead, a lot less hassle.

You can rape my wallet, but you can never rape my freedom.

Good to see you're still kicking around with your truck, and you've hit up Supa Centre too.
Considered a 1HD-FTE swap yet?
>tfw Toyota never made a factory turbo diesel live axle HDJ105
Missed opportunities Toyota...

>letting your niggers grow afros
i bet u let them sing their hippity-hoppity nonsense too.

niggers are lazy
mexicans are the best workers

Bought new ball joints and a HD tie rod for the heep, should be here by thursday. Pulled the front tires off to look at the brakes to find excessive play in the BJs... Lousy chrysler using plastics in their ball joints to save a buck. The Synergy BJs have had nothing but good reviews mostly so I can't wait for my next day off to put them in. Went with a Synergy tie rod just cause heavy dooty and there was still an active code on the site giving me nearly $150 off my order.

But why?
Yeah, tire joint I frequent will patch a tire for 20 bucks in a fraction of the time it would take me to even think about doing it at home. fuqdat

Ball joints suck, I've killed a set in 6 months from wheeling the truck hard. I prefer kingpin axles, but I don't plan on running a Dana 60 anytime soon... Ha

Yeah, the factory ones are at nearly 80k KM. I was doing the math on swapping out the front dana 30 to a rockjock 44 or teraflex axle and its just not doable right now, largest tire size I'd like to go is 37 but we all know how that goes. If I could find a set of one tons for cheap to build up over time I'd do it.

Yeah I have 37s now on my K5, got 10 bolt 1/2 ton axles. Just bought a 14 bolt full float rear so I don't have to worry about broken rear axles or wheels falling off. I'm probably gonna keep the 10 bolt front axle and run RCV axle shafts. Anything larger than 37s I'd go larger front axle.built Dana 44s will handle 37s just don't run an engine with too much power.

I've run 1 tons before, they are great, but heavy and expensive. I kinda like running smaller axles that'll just handle the tires you want to run, then you have to drive smarter... Ha

Running 35s on the dana30/44, sport model 3.21 gears included with no limited slip or lockers and just a disconnected front end. Lol, I gotta be smart about my lines or Im never getting up it.

Umm sweetie, that where your're wrong...

lol hi jamie
has concession lake really gotten that deep in places? is there a go-around?

Loooool mfw...
There were spots where my 35s were covered but all the really deep ones had bypasses. Our group handled them no problem.

Are ATVs the top-tier offroad vehicle?

Is that a polaris RANGER!?

Also, no. Dirt bikes or GTFO. Unless you're carrying / towing things with the ATV, there is no point in having 4 wheels.

Goatherder here. Haven't visited /ORG/ in a while. Surprised to see old pics of doggo and wifey posted, but whatever. Here's a recent pic from around Idaho Springs.

I'll be selling the Goat in about 1.5 months. Goatlovers be advised. I'll post a link to the CL ad here when the time comes.

Not me Crownon. I like to keep my photo posts fresh and with commentary.

So are Geo Trackers just the yank version of Escudos? Why does every offroading yank on Veeky Forums loose their shit over them, Escudos arent that great.

Nah, Sportsman 570. Its a fine machine when you're transporting yourself, a backpack and maybe a few long tools, as its small and slim - but when you're towing a small ATV-trailer with fine gravel you can feel that both the engine and brakes are a tad too small

Most of the time, they have much better ramo angles, but have oretty shit clearance. So not the greatest if your track has tons of obstacles. Its the reason dirt bikes are mostly used for trails. Also Honda, Suzuki and Polaris are all complete Jews. So much so that some of the dairyfarms ive worked on have bought Rav4s for a third the price of a new quad. It keeps you out of the rain, and parts are waaaaaaay cheaper.

Do they make Diesel powered Jeeps in the US? I keep looking for a Diesel Wrangler but can't find any. Anybody tried using biodiesel before?

It has like 50 names across the globe, but yeah.

I think it's mostly because so few off-road vehicles in burgerland aren't huge monstrosities. The Tracker/Sidekicks are fairly capable, cheap, and easy to work on. The Samurai is a better true offroader, but they're getting hard to find unadulterated.

rotflcopter hell no

Fuck I wish. Theres talk of a diesel Jeep coming out in 2019 but who the fuck knows. Unlikely.

Buy a TJ and swap it like thousands of people have.

GOd it must suck for you yanks, my first car was a Daihatsu Feroza. Got it for 2.5k. Can only imagine how much an import of that would cost you over there. Probably the reason theres so many Jeepfags over there.

I'm sad to see these starting to become rare. Ten years ago I knew a good 15 or so people with one, and now maybe 2

Whats sadder is the safety Jews will never allow a modern equivalent of it.

Yup... we had the "Rugger" athough it was still called "Rocky".

Rugged as fuck, 2.8 turbodiesel was plenty in such a small car... Terios doesnt do it justice

Just glad my countries not fully cucked. Some yanks would kill for what I have now.

I was about two beers away from buying a Rocky before I found the Goat. Very rare and I was worried about finding parts. Cool ride, though.

*screams internally*
Not a single Rocky for sale now

You wouldn't buy it anyway and you know that.

Just because I wouldn't personally buy one it doesn't mean that I dont mind them going away. To be fair, it would be my second pick for a small offroad build, right after the LJ73

Is that some kind of sleeping room?
I'd be worried about someone knocking that over, or stabbing through the bottom of that.

Thoughts on 2006 Jimny (ute) for medium duty offroading. Only looking to replace shocks and tires. Put in a bash plate, bull bar and snorkel. Ive heard the electronics are pretty exposed, should I look into sealing them up?

we know it's not you goatfam, I think we all know it's a certain pop-star impersonator

Jeep LJ?

>worst poster on this general blames best poster on this general for cancer spam

>Considered a 1HD-FTE swap yet?

Considered loaning me the money to do so? I'd appreciate it.

Nah, LJ73 Land Cruiser

I've never seen a Mid Wheel Base with the Prado/Bundera front end...
Did you guys get the 3B powered BJ73? That'd be my pick. Industrial diesel motor coupled with a larger gearbox and 9.5" diffs as opposed to the smaller Hilux based L-series drivetrain. Those MWB Cruisers are close to the perfect all-round offroader IMO, if I didn't need a little more room.

Dunno about the exposed electronics thing, but they're an excellent offroader out of the box. With appropriate tyres it'll leave everything else behind in the bush. Just keep in mind it's a small truck with a small payload and you won't have a problem.
No worries lol
On another note, how has that 1FZ been treating you since you did the big service?

You'd be surprised at how wrong you are

Let's spice this thread up!
Finally got my Jeep fixed, I'm happy with the results. However, the A/C is going to be down for a while. But altleast it's starting too cool down.

pretty spicy my dude XD!

post a pic of your anus bls

Anyone ever heard of a NP4530 trans? I guess they came bolted to a NP203 in a Dodge WC series.

Well my fucking problem is that somehow, one is in my 73 Dodge 360 2wd truck that I'm putting my 79 4x4 frame under. And the 79's TF727 that is bolted to its 203 is full of fucking mud.
I'd like to go manual because the pedal box is for it. auto conv wouldn't be that hard though because I already had a hurst floor shifter in the other truck.

What do?

Hello offroad fellas. I was wondering if any of you have experience with W460 G-wagens? I am specifically focusing on European anons. Mobile.de has ex-mil G300GD for sale for under 7000 EURO with under 17000 km on the clock. How insane would it be to turn something this into a project vehicle and restore over several years worth of weekends while fitting into the budget of 25000-30000 EURO? My previous diy mechanical experience is with motorcycles-only, but I am a keen learner and don't mind picking up new skills.

I have that 300GD motor sitting in my driveway right now as we speak. If you have a buget of 25000 EUR, you can probably find an already restored one that doesn't have the anaemic OM617 motor.

How insane? I have a friend who's doing it right now and it should only take him one year as he works 2 days a week passively hammering little blocks back together.

Ex-military also means leafsprings front and back, right? Also do you have a rear skylight for a gunner's port and 24V? A lot of the things there could be very annoying to work on.

>suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=247272613&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&doorCount=FOUR_OR_FIVE&fuels=DIESEL&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=G 300GD&makeModelVariant1.modelGroupId=12&maxPrice=20000&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&fnai=prev
It's the Puch G version for the EE civie market & military. Doesn't look like there is a skylight. I assume you mean bundeswehr versions for the gunner's port, right?
What is wrong with OM617? My thought was that it was one of the legendary reliability motors. In addition to biodiesel and all that jive.

I have gotten the idea from looking at the reviews of the new G-wagen professional. Surely you can restore an older one to something similar for under 30000 EURO, can't you?

I have two OM617s sitting in my driveway right now. One is an .951 TD (mass produced and very reliable) and the other one is a .931 specific to the G-Wagon. Came with a lot of funky stuff and parts for it are more expensive than others. The intake manifold does not have a regulator which may give it an extra 2 or 5 HP but costs twice the price of regular ones. The biodiesel or grease slowly eats away at your injectors which could cost up to $1000-$1500 for original ones.

I have all the whole set that can sell to you for like $2000USD or so if you're serious about rebuilding it to G-Wagon specs. I would swap in a .951 TurboDiesel.

Anyway, you can BUY a refurbished G-Wagon for around 20k USD and do a small fix job while grinding away and spending 10K USD. Then they'd even have coil suspensions instead of leafs.

I am exploring the options at the moment since that is quite a lot of money to spend.

If choosing the option of buying a refurbished G-Wagen, what would be the best G-wagen base to go for (engine and series-wise) within 20k Euro limit? Priorities are 4/5 door, off-road capable, practical and (relatively) inexpensive to maintain work-horse vehicle. Essentially a budget G-wagen professional. I don't give two shits about rims or glossy paint work.

Issues galore mate, I'm really starting to understand the toyota tax meme. Still fun as fuck to take offroade though, gonna finally take it camping within the fortnight hopefully.

Three options
>Find another np203
>Np205 independent tcase
>Np435 4speed manual trans with a np208 or np231 tcase out of a 80-93 dodge

The np203 while strong, is a full time 4wd and not all that desirable

Another option is to find a 205 to put behind the low range box of the 203 to make a doubler, so 4 to 1 crawl ratio...

Is there anything comfier than driving your SUV in a snowy night??

>tfw you realise the chinks still build a modern pattern gen2.5 Montero blister gaurd

And unlike a lot of other Chinese copies, I don't think this looks half bad. Still unmistakably a 2.5, but still looks relevant in the modern market.

My 203 is a part time conversion, so I'd really like to keep it.