Quick, whats the best brand of oil filter?

quick, whats the best brand of oil filter?

wix

Fram.

Bosch

This, it's literally fram-tier.

motorcraft or bust fami

The brand that comes with your car.

I heard Bosch used to be the best but then a few years ago they switched to cheaper Fram-tier filters

Fleetguard or Donaldson. Anything else is civilian tier.

I have always used wix too. There are many good reviews out there comparing filters and my two cents is so long as you are not buying cheap filters - I can't imagine it makes a huge difference.

K&N because of the nut on the end. Fuck strap wrenches.

Purolator PureONE

OEM is always safe bet and cheap, especially if you order a few online.

Brands have different levels of filters. That grade is more important than the brand.

Mechanic, AND parts store employee.

I like Purolator and Wix, Motorcraft if it's a Ford in warranty.

I use motorcraft in my ferd

The name of the chinese factory that does them all.

O E M
E
M

MANN-FILTER

Either Mann or Mahle

+1

of whatever supplier OEM uses.

I always go with either OEM, Mahle, Mann, or Wix XP.

Used to be Bosch fan boy but I'm on the wix cartridge filter since its made of steel and half the price

Motorcraft is the only choice

Whatever the manufacturer suggests.

checked for the correct answer

I'd say Purolator/Mann Hummel because I work there (Fayetteville, NC).

Mobil 1 is decent. OEM is literally shit, they don't give a fuck if your junk does any more than the warranty period.

whatever the cheapest fram is.

This.

I've heard different opinions, for the most part, it doesn't matter.
Even Fram is decent.

I use Mahle, but generally I have heard that Mann are consistently good.

>K&N has a nut on the end
>I didn't know this

Well I'm sold. Strap wrenches are shit and the cap wrenches (or whatever you call them that fit over the filter) just round the filter housing.

When changing your filters, you can tighten them by hand, so you avoid these kinds of situations.

Yeah but the first change on a used car can be anywhere from hand tight to might as well be welded.

This thing here. It's a completely different beast than the shitty paper end frams.

The one in your fucking picture. Seriously, the best thing about driving a Toyota is the fact the OEM filters are the best.

whatever is cheapest and change it every 10k

This

It was /thread since OP, you fucking faggots can stop posting.

OEM or go fuck yourself

lady at the mazda dealer I used to work at had a 40K mile CX-5. Parts master oil filter failed and restricted flow, stopping the oil pump and fucking basically everything in the engine. The dealer denied any warranty because the cause was an aftermarket oil filter

Muh OCD !