I'll be buying an e92 in 3 or so months and was wondering what milage should I be looking for...

I'll be buying an e92 in 3 or so months and was wondering what milage should I be looking for? Is over 120k miles safe reliability-wise? What about 150?

>eurofag, if it matters
>also automatic transmission

>also automatic transmission

I can drive manual without any issues - just prefer the convenience of an automatic. Why did it trigger you user?

What engine do you want?

Don't listen to the guy dismissing the automatic. The automatic in the E92 is fantastic.
I've driven an e92 at 80k miles that had minimal work done on it and was in amazing shape.
Another had just over 60k miles on it and already had its engine rebuilt after cracked valve covers.
The 150mph limiter sucks but don't chip it - it's beautiful stock.

He wants the N5x

Tbh I don't know jack shit about cars - I just really like the look of the e92 (especially after the face lift). All I want is a bit of torque, so overtaking doesn't take forever and reliability so I don't drown in maintenance costs.

Any tips regarding choice of an engine are highly appreciated!

335i with jb4 tune
but since you don't know shit about cars you can get any engine you want tb h.

I can tell you for a fact that it would be a waste of money to get that powerful of an engine for me - I'm a safe driver. That being said I'm concerned that the very weakest of engines in the range would be too slow (the ones with ~10s to 60).

First of you should decide between a diesel or petrol engine.

For the Diesel: I would either buy a cheap 320d, offers good mpg, the newer ones are reliable and they are cheap. 330d and 335d offer good performance and mpg isnt too bad but the maintence and reliability is shit.

For the Petrol: I would go for a 330i, offers decent perfomance, and is really reliable, only mpg is not the best. 335i is a good engine if it got treated well.

Thanks! What about the weaker ones 316i/d / 318 i/d / 320i? With in mind.

>doesn't know shit about cars
>wants an automatic bmw
kys

From the Diesel side you should get the 320d, it offers just the right amount of performance you need. The petrol brother 320i is also not too bad. But do not go for 316 or 318

Thanks a lot user

>being a eurocuck

No problem. I have driven a lot of BMWs so I like to share my knowledge.

My BMWs were: E91 318d, E90 325d, E60 530i, E61 530d & 535d, F30 320d & 330d, F10 520d & E63 M6

Because it strips away a lot of what makes the E92 fun. Are you looking for a fun car or a daily cruiser?

>being a shitposter

Delete self

320i is good and so is the 325/328/330 if you can afford them, they are all VERY reliable

The 335i is fun sure but you better have lots of money for maintenance and be good at wrenching if you don't want to spend a fuckton. The N54 engine is one of the least reliable that bmw has ever made. The N55 in the newer 3 series is great though.

>being a badgewhore
get an actual good engine or just kill yourself. the whole point of a 3 series is to get an inline 6 with a manual transmission. if you just want a comfy daily get a passat or golf like everyone else.

>Buy the exact configuration I want or you're a badge whore

Lolokay

might as well get a diesel fiat faggot.