Why do people in the military drive manuals more than civvies?

Why do people in the military drive manuals more than civvies?
>1/10 of the population drives auto
>1/2 of military members drives stick

>1/10 drives auto
*stick

testosterone

>Competitive male environment, highly conservative
>Ability to use a manual gearbox seen as traditionally a skill a man should have
>critical thinking, individual preferences not encouraged in the military

It's not really hard when you think about.

It's the same reason so many military people are in debt for big V8s or offroad trucks that sit parked for months and months of the year while their owners are deployed.

higher ratio of men in the military

you have no idea what you're talking about and you're criticizing someone for wanting something fun to drive when they come back from working for months?

Finish basic. Go to first base. Buy new 201X car. Get married to the first thing that will let you fuck it. Get a divorce. Sell your 201X for the same price you bought it for on the lemon lot. Its never happened before.

>finish basic
>buy 2016 ST for 0% and 3k off
>don't get married to some thot
>make payments easily with plenty left over
No regrats

Because only faggots and nu males like their sports cars in automatic. Seriously there is no argument to have anything other than a manual in a sports car, lap times are irrelavent to everyone who isn't a real race car driver or a street car.

Because military sheeple are more susceptible to the "REAL MEN" counter arguments and not secure enough in their masculinity to choose automatic because of what people really do in the barracks.

They are meatheads who can't think for themselves, and are tricked by the "true enthusiast" jews.

Guess again cocksleeve, I have 7 years up.

There's nothing wrong with having a nice car, and driving is one of the tbings I miss when I'm away.

However, I've seen too many 19 year olds buy the biggest, most expensive, fastest depreciating thing they think they can afford, no idea how to look after it, and get fucked on repayments, all because they wanted to fit in with the big boys.

So yeah, its you who has no fucking clue.

being on base all week not being able to drive your car or bike will make you appreciate your vehicle when you finally get to, so you will invest a little more into that hobby and buy a manual for excitement

What about personal preference?Check back with us in 10 years

>dubs
If you want an automatic you don't want a sports car, sports cars are about driver involvement and control .
If you want an autotragic sports car you're buying it for the image of a sports car and not to enjoy the thrill of driver engagement, therefore you're a fsggot and should buy a cucksover like everyone else

Show me on the doll where the military man touched you user

because they have the mental discipline required to operate one something thats lacking on the majority of burger civilian society

But it's true. Autos only exist for people who lack skill and basic muscle tone.

If manual is hard, tiring, or inconvenient for you instead of second nature after a week you're just a gigantic sissy with the gross motor skills of a 5 year old female chimpanzee.

i learned to drive stick on marijuanas... in yurop

Some people just don't care, friend. Or are physically unable to deal with the clutch. This is no different than apple vs android or Pepsi vs coke

Congratulations. You are more competent while smoking weed than most sober american "men".

>teenage girls in europe drive manual in heavy british traffic effortlessly, without complaining
>"i like me crunch stick, daddy, i want my next car to have one too"
>adult men in the US try it once and then whine about it
>"it's too hard"
>"enjoy destroying your clutch every 500km"
>"auto for daily, manual for weekend... that's the truth... you'll understand when you grow the fuck up boyracer... *sheathes katana*"

its pathetic how incompetent some burgers are

one of the benefits of being army brat. smoking weed and hash in yurop while never crashing, anyone whos driven there knows theres not a lot of room for mistakes

>tfw shipping out to basic next month

Thinking about selling my car so it's not just sitting in front of my mom's house for months. What's the point of having it if I can barely ever drive the damn thing?

donate it to a neighborhood kid on the condition he donates it to someone when he doesnt need it

because what are you going to do with the extra money anyways? booze and floozeys?

>i like me crunch stick daddy
Lol'd hard

why are you trying so hard to be edgy? you don't have to stoop so low to get (You)s on Veeky Forums newfriend

Nothing but waste away like the majority of military people who have no redeeming skills other than fucking cheap whores

>conservative
this isn't a bragging right. that's like bragging about having brain damage

Bitcoin and crypto, according to some of my Air Force co-workers.

Sorry i'm a meathead user, i'll try to buy a more flambouyant car next time

servicemen are stupid yes but the most logical career id suggest for ex military is park ranger

those german tourists get horny in the great outdoors and like to swing

because they can

I know a guy who got his legs blown off in Afghanistan and drives a 1980's race prepped MANUAL Porsche carrera. If he can do it do can you. The nigga literally does not possess legs and has better skill driving a car than you.
Not being egdy just saying that am automatic transmission defeats the entire purpose of a sports car .

>lolgay!

>tfw no chav British girl to call you Daddy

>Are you retarded libtard??

He never said it WAS a bragging right,

He just stated his opinion on why most men in the military drive manual, and I'm fairly certain he said that it's cause they're usually "highly conservative" is because most conservative men enjoy doing and learning something that's typically considered a "traditionally manly" thing to do and learn

And he's right to some degree, you usually don't see your typical slightly feminine liberal male esp millennial liberal male, dying to get out and learn stick and drive and race or rally, hoon around, etc etc.

Just like you usually don't see conservative men dying to go out and buy a pruis

Don't get mad when you don't even take 1 second to realize the context of an opinion Mr.MadAtEverythingliberal

Ffs I miss when Veeky Forums wasn't filled with sjw normies, it's like you can't even have a discussion about anything anymore..

Lots of manual vehicles in the military so people have to know how to drive them. If you can drive manual you aren't going to pick slushmatic for your own car.

i saw more people in colorado driving stick then anywhere else in burgerland. the souths breed of liberals are just pathetic numales

>blah blah blah im a braindead republican who's masculinity is fragile
all i heard lol

You are fucking retarded, also what is the reserve force?

>what is the reserve force
a scam set in place by the us government?

gimme 20 pushups

Because they know how, and the military discourages laziness.

Because there's less women.

but it encourages stupidity

>says the britbong that drives like 100 miles a year.

Americans drive WAY more than euros do.

how?

Shouldn't 100% drive stick? It should be part of their basic training so that if they quickly need a vehicle in the 3rd world country they're destroying they know how to drive it at least.

I'm sure you did, Virgin Poster

>part of basic training
???
Pretty sure all military vehicles are auto, and only MSE ops actually take driver training

Yeah but if you're fucked in some other country chances are they're going to mostly manuals around. Why not learn it as a valuable skill that might help you survive?

Should take too long and it's pretty useful.

For the same reason an overwhelming majority of military people own motorcycles and/sport and muscle cars.
Half my platoon when I was in fell into that category. A few had both

The Challenger R/T, Focus ST, and BRZ are all part of the "I just got out of basic training yesterday, time to buy a new car" starter pack.

How fragile is your confidence?

Only caveat of the Chad plow is that 40yr olds aren't boomers, I'm fairly certain 40/50yr olds now, are the gen X'ers

Other than that I keked, good work

I don't think it has TOO much to do with confidence so much as, you're on tour and there's a realistic chance you might not come back alive or whole

so I think because if that you have sortve a "YOLO" mentality mixed with the testosterone macho B.S. that comes with being in the military and thus you have lots of men that don't know of they're gonna die or come back in one piece, mixed with living with essentially "doodbros" for a few yrs, and you and up having someone that wants something fun and fast and cool, and being a "manly" man that wants to know how to drive those cars the way they were meant to, which is with a stick

When you think about what it's like living in the military and the mentality most have and what it's like not knowing if you'll die or not, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why you'd want a fun car that's stick to hoon around in when/if you're back home or on base

This is like asking why most hipsters ride fixies and drive electric cars it's just their mentality

>BRZ
nibba wat

Don't be sad that your favorite politician fucking lost to 2scoops Trump

Because joe is a dumb faggot that falls for the sports car meme right out of basic.

Pretty sure it's part of training, at least it was for my relatives.

>Knowing how to drive stick + stick being cheaper + soldier budget = best option.