Mirrors

The Chevy Bolt Rear view mirror is actually a screw that shows a wide angle lens camera view from your rear hatch. Provides a much better view than an actually mirror.

Wing/door/side mirrors are just fucking awful. They cause drag, noise, and most are impossible to set up in a way to eliminate the blind spot and provide the view you need.

So eliminate the wing mirrors and replace them with wide angle lens cameras. then show the wing camera views on the screen that is also rear view "mirror". You can look in one spot and see everything that is immediately beside and behind you. the drag and noise from the wing mirrors is gone.moving parts are eliminated.

Having to look at the rear view mirror to see what you'd normally see by looking the opposite direction at the wing mirrors is unintuitive and goes against decades of muscle memory

that's fucking gay

Great now when bicyclists randomly take out my side mirrors it will cost $600 instead of $200.

Just shoot them

>So eliminate the wing mirrors and replace them with wide angle lens cameras.

Go the fuck ahead on your vehicle. If I needed max vision I'd use both, but remember electronics fail easily and mirrors don't require wiring and delicate electronics.

Mirror resolution and parallax are superb. If you don't know what those mean, you should KYS.

Then when the camera goes bad I'll have to take it to the stealership to have it fixed. I wonder who could be behind this?

>electronics fail easily
Hi gramps

I keep vehicles a long time and I'm a mechanic. The minor accessories fail first.

If you trade every few years, it doesn't matter.

You should, as I mentioned, do it yourself. If you don't know how, consider suicide. Also note cameras or what they see through must be kept cleaner than mirrors to be effective.

You could make a complete virtual windshield with HUD plus 360 camera coverage if your autism dictates. It's already being done for AFVs because vision blocks are so small by nature. You could completely get rid of your conventional windshield since your electronics never fail. You can also make MFDs to monitor and control whatever you want. Add FLIR and you could drive at night with lights out to run from the cops.

good luck getting a cyclist to break off a camera that is mounted flush to the body or is in a barely protruding smooth bump.

Teslas already have the cameras needed to eliminate the wing mirrors. They just need government to change regulations.

Seriously Scotty fuck off

Get yer electronics out of cars.
They're mechanical art. Iron and fire.

They've had all sorts of electronics in them since the early 70s you fuckin hipster

>driving anything newer than 1969

Car batteries are for pussies.

everything in cars is going to electronic power. it is less parasitic loss to just spin an alternator and let a 48v system run everything.

you could make a diesel started by compressed air and is completely mechanical. Just need to figure out a glow plug replacement.

>So eliminate the wing mirrors and replace them with wide angle lens cameras. then show the wing camera views on the screen that is also rear view "mirror". You can look in one spot and see everything that is immediately beside and behind you. the drag and noise from the wing mirrors is gone.moving parts are eliminated.

>If my cars mirror breaks it's a $5 trip to the scrap yard or $20 on eBay
>If your cars "mirror" fails it's $100 per hour of labor for a technician who will either be milking the clock or not have a clue what the fuck he's doing because most mechanics aren't proficient at diagnosing and repairing computerized digital camera equipment

I'm sure that pretty soon cars will all have them though and people will jazz themselves over how the cuckmobilse are soooo much safer, "smart" , and "streamlined" what ever the fuck that means.

If the car's designers are even remotely competent, replacing a side camera should not be any more work than replacing an electric side mirror.

given how Tesla works

someone will try to remotely check and fix any software problems that might be causing the camera to not work. for free!

if that fails. then you just check the wiring harness and the camera it self. replace the defective part.

You could always mount the screens on the doors.

Why even go to places really?
Just send a drone.

"muscle memory" gets used to things like that very quickly.

>the logical conclusion

>bicyclists randomly take out my side mirrors
It's definitely not random. You have must have committed an offense.

its biutifel

"Play" and "Pause"-graphics on the pedals

I'd rather shoot myself

>your friends when they find out you drive that piece of shit

Nissan keeping it real

>2017
>still trying to push for video calls
Will they ever give up? Nobody wants it.

>drive like a jackass
>people intentionally damage your vehicle out of spite
woOOW

He is trying to pop the screen out to replace it right? Or is this some kind of shade on how Tesla is a shit

no its a meme video about how "shitty" teslas are

"hurrdurr doesn't make vroom noises"

Shotgun start