Letting someone hit you

>driving down street in right lane about to turn into a parking lot
>car in left lane, huge ass Suburban, realizes this is its turn too
>doesn't look or anything just starts going into my lane with me right next to it
>drives me off the road, I have to brake to avoid being hit
>honk my horn and give the soccer mom driving it the finger
>the big Suburban realizes what it did and goes back into the left lane and keeps driving down the street to avoid me like it didn't need to turn right in the first place

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't have let them hit me and total my car? It was their fault, anyone watching would have seen it, I would have gotten a new car from the insurance and it would have all been their problem.

That's assuming you lived.

We were going really slow, since I was already starting to slow down for the turn. I think I would have been okay

>one good reason
driver has no insurance, cops see it as your fault, you get injured or killed, you're going somewhere important

how was it OPs fault at ALL, even in the eyes of the cops? She was going to turn right into OPs car

Because insurance is more hassle to deal with then you get out of it. Also broken collarbones fucking suck.

>in the eyes of the cops
What if she had big ones and OP was a belligerent autist?

The one reason I can give you is that of a moral standpoint.

The fact that you are able to avoid an accident, even if it is not your fault, is the #1 to avoid that accident. To put that into perspective, if you let her hit you, the only reason for that was that you would be able profit from it, without any regard for the person who caused the accident (since they'll have to pay out).

Yes, it would have been her fault had the accident occurred, but if you KNOW shes going to hit you and you DON'T bother to avoid the accident even though you could have because you'll profit from it, makes you scum. But you didn't let it happen, so you're not.

Also, you'd have to take the bus and walk while you get your car fixed or replaced

Insurance would cover a rental Hyundai Elantra.

ill take the bus thanks

You can upgrade to a Dodge Challenger for $5 a day.

>Give me one good reason why I shouldn't have let them hit me and total my car
My car is modified (~$5k worth of parts) and if I get totaled Id have to pay a mechanic to take it all off to sell before scrapping which would really fuck me

>Id have to pay a mechanic to take it all off to sell
No you wouldn't. Parts buyers do their own work.

I got a convertible Camaro for three weeks for free, what kind of weak rental coverage do you guys have

She can lie to the police and they most likely will believe the mother with herbkida than the guy in his car alone.

>convertible camaro
I bet it was a 6cyl too.

What kind of shit insurance coverage do YOU have?

you should have shot her

attempted murder for attempted murder

Better than yours apparently if you have to pay extra for a fucking charger

More money for a better vehicle.

That's typically how capitalism works, unless you have no idea because you live under a communist regime like California.

Bump

Unironically this. Trying to come into my lane with a car over twice the size of mine and running me off the road is trying to kill me