Is this as difficult as it looks?

Is this as difficult as it looks?

Do you also have to do strange things with the clutch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K2zwd1iazvU
youtu.be/ssPz50GOdoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most of those shifts aren't impossible but doing 8-9 in nine fucking direction changes is absolutely retarded.

I wonder if maybe they skip most of the gears when shifting, and the huge range is to account for load weights?

thats a pretty old one you got there, most of the new trucks got sticks even you could control

>always imagine going through all the gears
Why are sticks so comfy lads?

How do the fucking linkages on a manual like this even look holy shit.

Wait that is real?

It's a tractor box.

It's not designed for you to shift on the fly. You stop the tractor. Grab a gear and go. You forget about it until you need to select a different range for different work.

Notice, there is no reverse. The reverse selector is on another lever so, you can be loading hay all day and never change gears

So each gear you pick based on the terrain and incline?

>Terrain and incline

Well not just those alone. Tractors work. They have implements for turning soil, earth moving, dragging, trailering, all kinds of shit.

That's an old box so there is going to be a hand throttle that you set.

It's only new tractors that shift in the fly and have foot throttles but you can still set the throttle.

When ploughing acres you tend to set the speed, blade depth and try to keep it straight.

Ah.

How how many gears on a semi?

Actually this seems super simple.

Super simple right to the point where you have to learn how to float gears

10 speeds are for babby. 13 is where it starts getting interesting. 18 makes you look like a wizard.

Wouldn't it be easier to have two sticks at that point, like bicycles

once you have that pattern in memmory it will be impossible to drive anything else

Anyone know what model gearbox this is, and whether it's synchronized?

Would make an awesome project build to put it in a normal car for shits and giggles. Perhaps combined with some wacky fixed-rpm engine, just to make it impossible to drive for anyone who didn't put in months learning.

>It's a tractor box.

This is why I barely come here anymore

elaborate

That's pretty much exactly what that is.. Except you use the little toggle to switch between high and low sets of gears. Except it's better than a bicycle because the gear ratios don't overlap.

It isn't. It's a facetious stitch on patch.
Please post the tractor on which this shift pattern is based.
I reckon 8, 9, 10, 13 and 18 speeds are just as easy/difficult as each other personally. It just being conscious of the differences if swapping between vehicles.

>they can only handle one stick

youtube.com/watch?v=K2zwd1iazvU

The fact that 90% of the retards in this thread are oblivious to the fact that this is obviously a joke image and not a real thing.

Legit 20 speed shift pattern:

Says who

youtu.be/ssPz50GOdoI

Chad to the max.

you're an idiot.

I like how you can choose how you go from 4th to 5th

Says anyone with half a brain. It's a photo of a fabric patch that's as old as the internet.

>Which seat caught your eye first

The tire tread caught my eye first. I am sex starved and desperate for something to slide my dick into yet I am here staring at tires.

me as well
>tfw thicc meaty tire