/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[Apr 18] 3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/866790609071353857
mega.nz/#F!ZQF0yBSa!E5S1vuQsM0uH0IPFyT_BnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't access Luma settings after b9s, somebody help me out

I want to buy a ps3 locally to hack, is this gonna be tedious or what?

Are these really all the waifus in the game?
Damn really none of them are good, if I had to pick one I'd pick Forte by default because she reminds me to a girl in a hentai I watched recetly.

Picrosshax is coming!

You are holding select before you press the power button, right?

3dsiso memes>retroarch memes

Yeah. Also, some guy asked for a pic of my sd card's contents so here

sauce??

Gib luma folder

jesus fucking christ clean up your shit user

I downloaded a .cia game on to my 3DS, and am trying to update.

It downloads the update but does not install it, and prompts me to install it each time.

Is there any way to make it actually apply the update?

here you go
too lazy

>no near the end of the guide youll follow a part to transfer your emunand data over so you dont lose anything
Ok... this guide looks much morw streamlined and easy... I'll take your word on it that my stuff isnt gone

I need to see the payloads, user

only thing in there is godmode.firm. is boot.firm supposed to be in there, because the guide said to put it in root

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

Update through freeshop instead of home menu

I don't have freeshop, just the .cia.

Can I do it some other way, or do I need freeshop?

so can somebody explain the problem with 3dsiso

Yeah, they split them so there's husbandos, too. The third game has like 8 or so waifus, I believe? I wanted to play it because one was a mermaid, but I couldn't really get into that style of game when I last tried to play it.

Story of Seasons is what HM is named now due to some a change in localizer by Marvelous. SoS: Trio of Towns is the latest game. One of the best in the series too.

Download the update .cia file and install through fbi

>that feel when your shoulder button doesn't respond
>it's stuck
>and you have no skills
>but the damn thing gets unstuck later anyway
Nintendo Seal of Quality is the best joke I've heard in years, and they keep telling it.
I'm glad bullshitnine exists to do what I want with the thing.

It depends on where you live.

Fujoshits ruin everything. Sadly they're the major buyers. Now we're going to have some fags in the next game.

Do I even need freeshop if I can get the QR code or ticket directly to FBI?

Do I need to tie the console to an account?

>a forum
>filled with ads
>where you're forced to log in
>where the first thing that meets you at the start of every single page is a gigantic outdated gateway ad
>with people begging for people download links and most of the times not getting them
>with people linking to download links that have you go through ads
>and the downloaded file is filled with spam, too
>with people who go to other website to advertise it
>on top of it all, they even thing it's fair to ask or demand to donate money
>WHAT IS WRONG GUYS I CANT SEE ANY PROBLEM
Stop posting.

they have a lot of good shit like vc injects and translations, updates and shit. but the site sucks its full of ads and aids also they security is shit the usernames and passwords get dumped off the site by script kiddies regularly. the sites been hacked about five times now.

i live in a major canadian city

Ads made newfags and retards mad, but the patched game downloads game too stronk.
Honestly fuck that site anyway. I can pass through those ads fine, but most links are dead from copyright claims.

>downloaded MH4U
>fully updated
>attempt to go online
>have to accept terms and usage whatever's
>accept
>still says i need to accept next time i attempt to go on online
>rinse repeat
Send help, I need online to farm gore tails

twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/866790609071353857

Did you do this?
>Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

Literally everything.

It's not just the ads, the entire site is a mess.

No, I specifically held Select before the 3DS booted up, but it boots up as normal

You won't need freeshop then

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Nice bait.

Just do that step then.

nevermind, im a retard. i was holding select AFTER the splash screen since every other payload worked that way. had to hold select beforehand

Do I even need a 3DS to download the file?

>not going tenminutemail for the login
>not using ctrl+f to find what you want and fucking off forever
>never to return after hoarding everything
Do you read their shit posts too or something?

only retards go to 3dsiso, that means if you do then you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

loli akari makes my heart and penis fucking melt

>using a splash screen

user, I'm going to throttle you.

you can't stop me

That happened to me twice, once with my ds and the other with my ds lite after I couldn't fix the first one

is 3dschaos any better than 3dsiso?

>>not going tenminutemail for the login
There's a way to make it slightly more comfortable. It doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.

>>not using ctrl+f to find what you want and fucking off forever
You can't ctrl+f a forum and their search system sucks.

>>never to return after hoarding everything
So you agree it's not worth visiting? I went there, the whole thing was garbage and I never came back ever again. You hording stuff doesn't solve anything.

worse

kill yourself

So how fast is it from 11.4 to CFW with the boot hack?

>is the site that not only aims to be 3dsiso, but also asks you to "like" a comment in order to see the links any better?

>I went there
>not trusting /hbg/ about it

Is there a way to get a bunch of play coins with a hacked 3DS? I had 300 play coins consistently for like a year, and now I'm playing SMTIV and suddenly I've got about 100

It's just as bad.

Okay, trying again in here...

I am trying to run an NTR patch for Monster Hunter 4U
mega.nz/#F!ZQF0yBSa!E5S1vuQsM0uH0IPFyT_BnQ

If I run NTR 3.3 or 3.5, I don't get the green screen flash as I boot the game, and I can't select the cheats in the NTR menu(there's no plugin option).

If I run NTR 3.2 and boot the game, I get the green screen flash, and can select cheats via the plugin menu, but the text is all garbled, and doing anything on the 2nd page of cheats crashes the 3ds.

Am I fucking something up? I've tried different downloads of the patch, and that remains the same.

Running b9s on 11.4, and using the latest version of boot NTR selector(2.8?)

jksm

JKSM does the job

JKSM can do it; under "extras"

Oh very easy, thanks a lot everyone

>people who visit a lightweight site about posting anonymously without an account hate a bloated site that forces you to create an account in order to click on links
Who would have ever expected that?

>only just
Spoken like someone who doesn't know how awful their selection is.
Search system works well enough for me. Why doesn't everyone walk out of theur stinky neetcaves and go to their library for it? The ones in my hometown may be using Windows, but they're not yours and they wipe themselves every night. You should still be able to enable adblocks.
Is /hbg/ so poor as to live in shitty areas that can't afford that?

Did anyone else have no idea that Super Mario RPG was fully playable on a 3DS? I've wanted to play it as long as i've had my 3DS hacked, but always assumed it wouldn't be possible cause of the SA-1 chip. But I randomly came across a .cia for it where it launches as you'd expect from an injected VC game, but plays through retroarch, and it runs perfectly

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, but I'm really excited to find this.

Is there anything that lingers after the installation of games on the vita that takes up a lot of space? I've deleted a couple of games and really haven't freed up that much space at all.

I was aware it had to be emulated, didn't know you could have it in your homemenu as a .cia though

>going to a library to run windows on someone else's computer where you install an adblocker to download a game from a shit site that forces you to create an account
I guess was right.

Am I supposed to rename the .romfs files something specific to use with Luma?
I changed the folders, moved the file around, renamed things, and doublechecked the TitleID.
My FE Fates SE cart doesn't want to play the cuter waifu voices anywhich way unless I run it through Hans. And the region emulation works fine too, it's just this. Does it not work with carts?

Are you installing them as vpk's? Because the vpk files do stick around after installing and can take up quite a bit of space.

Genuinely curious, not trying to shitpost or anything, but if everyone here hates 3dsiso and 3dschaos so much, where do you get your games from? Or is it you get your games from both sites except you just hate the ads?

Most are mai dumps, I think 3 were installed as vpks. I can't remember which ones though.

Freeshop is the hotness around here pahdner.

New 3ds only I guess, right?

Except when not every game is on freeshop.

Freeshop is the cool kids club. You leave and they never accept you back.

RetroArch should run on O3DS as well. No idea about how well SMRPG will run though. Worth a shot at least

how come freeshop has japan fire emblem echoes but not english?

is there a way to use a microsdxc card with the switch without updating to 2.0?

you could play since a long time ago on emulators like pocketsnes or snes9x, the cia is just a forwarder to the retroarch emu so you can have it on your home menu

I'm an idiot. Didn't see the new thread.

>don't know what the fuck I'm doing
>have an r4i or whatever gold card for my normal DS
>heard that you could use them on 3ds a while ago
>figure by now the technology has progressed enough for it to be pretty easy
>look at the pastebin
>whatthefuckamIreading.jpg
>looks like I have to start from my 3ds's SD card
>didn't even know 3ds HAD an SD card
>sure enough it does, but its fat as fuck
>only have a microsd->usb adaptor

Is there no way for me to just put stuff on my gold cartridge and do things that way? Also, how is PSvita piracy looking these days?

The secret club works at it's own pace and accepts no rushing.
Just like our god gideon.

May as well rename this general to 3dshacking. It's 80% of people under the age of 25 years old asking about 3DS hacks.

That I knew, I just always assumed it wouldn't be playable on any of the emulators

>under the age of 25 years old
lol, fucking kill yourself boomer

general started off as gateway general its always been 3ds

>tfw 26 master race
feels good
actually no it fucking doesn't, i have random aches and pains now that i never used to have when i was younger, fuck this aging shit

So does Luma3DS default boot up on Emunand? and if so does that mean I should update it to play newer games?

Soon.

>Under the age of 25
>Implying I'm not a 25 year old brainlet asking simple questions
Jokes on you

>above the age of 25
>coming here
You lost control of your life. You're not getting it back.

Are you using ntr mode 3?

ive seen some close to 40 yr old user that had a wife and like 3 kids and wanted to play smash

>tfw 27 and still posting here

past 2.0, i mean

>You will never fuck her boipussy
Feels bad man. Well, actually I'm pretty sure it lives close to me, maybe I could.

And what do you do when a game you want isn't on freeshop?

I don't think so? It's on an n3dsxl, and I thought mode 3 got poofed.

cosme alright

Once you've got all you need and you're on the latest system update, it's all good to play games you installed through freeshop online right?