/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't realize that white phantom standing behind him the whole time wasn't one that he summoned
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

unkindler.github.io/caps/
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/200817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thoughts on the lothric war banner?

Its pretty fun. It stacks with deep protection and oath, so I make a bannerbearer and make them a buffslut.

Its great if you have friends to gank/pve with, or plan on being a sunbro.

I really, really like the Greataxe. Especially at the midlevels where I'm at, it packs an insane punch. I can 2-shot most builds that are lighter on armor and vig--so a single combo. And the warcry moveset R2s cover deceptive amounts of ground. People walk into them trying to punish and get squished.

thoughts on the dragonsis character?

Alright, how about this then? Better or worse?

TFW no Gwynd GF to cuddle at night and morning

which one is better for a general ds3 pve build? 27/40 sharp infusion with no casting, or 27/20 heavy/refined infusion with 20/20 int fth?

Rate my PvE build

choose a different hat, the raggedy look of the mask kind of clashes with the rest of the set, but other than that looks pretty good

The former.

>disregarded every piece of advice

>Arisen

gwynd is a bf

Tried to base it off of the Arisen you play as in the tutorial as best I could. Dark Sword was the closest looking thing to his broadsword.

why 45 str?

I'd drop 5 from, strength, and vigor to give yourself 35 faith for lightning stake, projected heal and lightning arrow.

is support magic really that bad in pve?

This isn't a FTH build. Nor is it a meta arena build.

Oh, you were looking to be Savan? Was gonna ask, but thought maybe it was your oc.

At that low levels generally yes. There's nothing really worthwhile for INT at that level unless you want to use auxiliary stuff like Spook to just make getting through PvE slightly easier, and for Faith the only things you would want are stuff like Blessed Weapon and Tears of Denial. A standard partial quality build will do more DPS and be easier in actually beating the tough parts of the game in comparison so stick with that unless you just want to dick around.

but lightning is fun and wasted stats are not fun

if you're going to stick at 40 strength, swap knight's ring out for scholar's ring so you can get some chaos bed vestiges going on.

Doesn't help that most pieces are either torn off cloth or full on armor. Is neck showing ok?
They said it looked repetitive/bad, so I chose to change it.

>spells of old lady mage
>no bow of brown bowfu

kys self

>Is neck showing ok?
would it be okay to rape and eat a newborn baby in front of its teenage orphan mother?

THINK b4u POST

>DS1
>16 int was enough to use 80% of the spells in the game and there was a catalyst that gave flat damage up until 30 int
>20 faith was enough to use 80% of the good spells
>DS2
>20/20 gave you near the softcap for dark and fire scaling, and healing /support buffs didn't scale with taslimans
>DS3
>Under 30-40 int or fth? Get fucked.

The Arisen in the tutorial doesn't use a bow.
I'm using flame arc and warmth to at least recreate the buff and healing the witch gives you.
Nevermind, fuck it. What kind of bow does the brownfu use?

Pretty much. Scaling for all types of spells are terrible far from their softcaps, requirements for most of the offensive ones are higher on average, and even if you want to use them you have to dedicate at least two ring slots to actually get any decent damage out of them. It's just not worth it unless your build is dedicated to casting.

>spend hours angrily debating over something and calling people shitters for not believing you
>but too lazy to make one (1) webm and instantly prove everyone wrong
>still act like a smug faggot

Anyone got that image of talismans/chimes spellbuff scaling with faith?

guess I'll just finish this playthrough and then start over with a caster

This doesn't include Rose of Ariandel/Chime of Filianore from the DLC FYI.

>The Arisen in the tutorial doesn't use a bow.
doesn't use magic either fgt

>What kind of bow does the brownfu use?

>thinking 1 webm would "prove" anything

you must be new to Veeky Forums

It'll be easy to check those two for myself right now, thanks for the image i'll remember to save it this time

>doesn't use magic either fgt
You had a point. That's why I said fuck it. I was agreeing with you. Also thanks for the bow pic.

I don't know, user. That seems ok to me.

I guess I won't be able to use the shadow garb then, everything that isn't tattered seems to show neck.

>still begging for more webms
>don't appreciate the ones i already made
>won't bother making one him self to prove how easy and quick it is to make them

Does this account for upgrades? Is everything here assumed to be +5/+10?

Holy shit since when has a heavy dark sword only had 400 AR? Remembered it being higher.

45 vig is kindof a waste: unkindler.github.io/caps/

I would hit 26 end since it gives you 4 points insetad of 2

45 str is kinda weird, I'd replace the knights ring with a life ring or something, and maybe toss the prisoner's chain out since you're not really strapped for levels with the tools you're using

this would probably feel kinda the same but better unless you really like that dark sword weaponart: mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/200817

stake and arrow is actually fun, but I guess your warmth doesn't gain anything from going past 25

Honestly projectile heal isn't that great at 35 faith, at 60 you only heal 420 hp, so I guess it isn't meta if that's your worry. Not that I'm suggesting it.

iirc these are all at full upgrade levels, even if they were not the general rules of scaling for them apply.

>please sir may i have another webm

they should be, I know a +9 yorshkas has less spellbuff than what's listed there, and the only higher upgrade is +10

>It's another episode of user wonders for 10minuteswhy he isn't getting summoned for co-op when he has a password activated

>Holy shit since when has a heavy dark sword only had 400 AR? Remembered it being higher.

It still great AR at 60 STR, they just specifically nerfed Heavy infusion on a lot of light weapons EXCEPT MILLWOOD AXE FOR SOME REASON after they buffed Heavy/Sharp infusion in general.

>cares so much he gives me three (3) separate (You)s but not a single (1) webm

i wonder if this will end with you caving and making a webm or you fucking off because no one believes you

Owner of the original PS4 DSG community here. I don't not accept people, so if you didn't get in then try again, I guess. There might be an issue with me not seeing it. It also means that I have to get on the PS4 to accept it but that's on me. I figured invitation only would be better than having random shmucks join but whatever.

It's sort of dead anyway, but anybody is welcome to post in there if they want to liven it up.

Me again.

So I'm torn between Millwood Greatbow and Darkmoon Bow. Millwood has STR scaling, but Darkmoon matches the aesthetic. Leaning towards Darkmoon.

>some anons say invasions aren't quite balanced
>faithfulmage user comes in and calls everyone a shitter for believing this
>gets told he's a shitter if he can't beat every invader
>he's completly unwilling to say he can't beat every invader, since he'll look like a shitter, but also unwilling to admit that some invasions are unwinnable (which includes the invasions against him), since he just told people they were shitters after they said not all invasions can be won
>goes all the way around from calling people shitters and starts talking about how skill isn't that important in videogames and how you don't always need to win
>this very same user is now also defending soul stream
>says everyone else is the shitter, even though the guy that told him to fuck off posted a video of him landing the stream four times in a single arena duel
>is now resorting to samefagging

never forget

>its another host with 2 password phantoms episode

ayyyyyyy so much fun

>but Darkmoon matches the aesthetic. Leaning towards Darkmoon.
if you are willing to use something that is completely useless garbage to fit your cosplay then you are a bigger guy than i could ever be

>it's another faggy invader episode
*sips 2x as much as u*
*summons an army of phantoms*
*seeds ur path*
*sees ur red glowing ass from across farron keep*
*connection errors behind u*

>please sir may I have another webm

not the same person, just calling out your shithead "come at me bro" bullshit on an anonymous message board

no one gives a shit, stop posting

how's this for a faith co-oper/invader? was thinking vit might be too low but not sure where to shave points off from

>36 hours since making it
>calling his own group "dead"
>doesn't know there's already a group out there

Veeky Forums is not a place for organizing community events or groups. If you want people to see each other's names and join lists and groups, go to reddit.

>Go into invasion ready to fight armies
>get a new player
Everytime. I think there should only be a certain covenant that has priority to be in gank worlds

I'm going to ban you from fight clubs if you allow REDDIT into our guild

>no one gives a shit
>aldrich mage replies to every single person detracting him since
>doesn't give a shit
t. aldrich mage

>ask for proof = come at me bro

for SL80 you might get more use out of 45 int and using those other 15 points to give yourself more vit and str options so you're not as limited to pure casting.

There's two rival groups
>ps4 dsg
>dsg ps4

bullshit, you're not asking for proof you're just samefagging for attention

you're just a cowardly shitter who won't man up and post a webm of him posting on Veeky Forums asking for proof. Until you make that webm and post it no one will believe you are asking for proof, doesn't matter what you say you're a spineless dickless girlyman faggot troll

go make a webm of you asking for webms or I won't believe you are asking for proof

As the user who originally upset the aldrichposter's feelings, I would like the subject to be laid to rest, just as he was, after being utterly btfo.[/spoilers]

>23
>4

>"rival"

The owner of the original one, m8. The one with 27 members that hasn't had a post since the gladiator event.

I won't if I can help it, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

Looking at it now, the other one looks a lot more professional. Message of the day is still "Message of the day" in mine.

like i'm going to waste my time making a webm to entice some retard who has dug his heels in so firmly against all reason to actually defend his fucking argument

if he didn't conduct himself like an autistic 15 year old then maybe i would be the one to cave like a cuck and make a webm

What is that thing?

post a webm of you hurting his feelings or it doesn't count as proof

yeah I was thinking that but in this very thread anons were talking about how shit the damage is on miracles when not at max faith

>post a webm of you hurting his feelings or it doesn't count as proof
what doesn't count as proof?

Hello, /DSG. I am doing some research for my own purposes and definitely not in marketing. I have some hypothetical situations and would like to know all of your thoughts about them.

Situation 1.
Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower has 3 phases. A common complaint about her is that the last 2 phases are so short. Due to them triggering at 50% and 25% health remaining.
What ideas do you think would work for making the 2nd and 3rd phase last longer without making a fight like her some unfair to newer or less experienced players?

Situation 2.
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 let you carry a very large amount of consumables and ammo for ranged weapons. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 let you carry only a small amount of the same items.
Which style do you prefer?

Situation 3.
In Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 actions used a lot of stamina and you would run out quite quickly. In Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 stamina was very generous and you would rarely find yourself completely drained of stamina.
Which style do you prefer?

Situation 4.
In all "Souls" style games by From Software it is often not very beneficial to level up your character's attributes past level 40 or 50. There are very diminishing returns if you do so.
Do you think the drop off in attributes should be as harsh as it currently is?
One drawback that could happen if this was softened was it could become very hard to kill players with very high vigour in player vs player situations.

Situation 5.
Items in the games like the "Brightbug" or the "Beast Blood Pellet" offer massive increases to damage for little or no drawback.
Should these items stay in our games as is, or should they be nerfed?

Thank you for your time. All feedback is appreciated, even other things you like or dislike about From Software's games that don't fall under any of the above situations.

>What is that thing?
is birb

pic relate is japanese birb

>too scared to post a webm

you didn't hurt his feelings, no webm = no proof you fucking shitter.

Bearded Vulture.

>equip life ring +3
>health increases by 16

totally worth it :)

you're just too scared to man up and prove yourself right by posting a webm of you demanding proof

you have no fucking argument because you wont post a webm to prove your opinion right so that makes my opinion right instead, fucking cuck, kek

t. anti-aldrich mage (coward)

You guys are shitters or have zero experience invading as a 60 int mage if you truly believe Crystal Soul Spear does more damage per cast than Soul Stream on average.

>In all "Souls" style games by From Software it is often not very beneficial to level up your character's attributes past level 40 or 50. There are very diminishing returns if you do so.
>Do you think the drop off in attributes should be as harsh as it currently is?
No, I just don't think there should be that much extra space if it isn't worth using. Let everything cap at 9, have the first softcaps at 6.

>+3 Version: +10%
how do you have 160 health my man

>mfw 50 vig + life ring+3 + fap ring+3

You're not inspiring me to join. Just letting this other guy cuck you by stealing your groups name and members

[spoilers]I know that soul stream does more damage than CSS, though soul stream doesn't always hit for full damage, but i'm just calling out the fucking idiot that keeps asking for webm proof because he can't use wikipedia.[/spoiler]

the whole argument is stupid. Soul spear does more if you can land it, it's harder to land. Done. The user saying that it does less damage because it never lands is just a fucking insecure bitch who demands other people provide him "proof" instead of just looking up basic facts.

increased from 1760 to 1776 at 37 vitality

I have enough experience to land it four times in a single arena duel, so I outrank you. Don't make a blanket post as though you weren't the same person who's been defending you, we all know shitter is your favorite word.

I'm not looking to inspire anybody, you're welcome to join of your own free will. However, PS4 dsg sounds better than Dsg ps4 and I strongly believe that message of the day is a good message.

>The user saying that it does less damage because it never lands is just a fucking insecure bitch who demands other people provide him "proof" instead of just looking up basic facts.

but it's a fact that it usually won't fully land, as there's evidence of it hitting an anchored target within lockon range and doing only 300

offense > defense

>Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 let you carry a very large amount of consumables and ammo for ranged weapons

Demon's souls restricted the weight of items you could carry. Only DS2 and DS1 had no restrictions

>item burden
hahahahahahahahahahahahahano

I wish defense scaled better I should be rewarded for having 50+vit and heavy fuckhuge armour

Didn't play Bloodborne.

I think the latter works fine for 3 but some of the item restrictions are dumb. Letting players only have one Divine Blessing at a time is fine, but the limit on things like arrows just makes playthroughs and playstyles with them limited. Also some things just have weird numbers like allowing you to carry 10 Siegbrau or 99 mosses at a time which feels like they didn't put much thought into it.

I like both and am fine with either but I wish 3 did more to make roll spamming less prevalent by either increasing roll stamina costs or increasing them per successive roll.

It's fine as is, it's a weird thing in game per game though depending on the stat. 1 and 2 and Vigor have huge gains up to 50 while 3 has it barely relevant after 39 with it being almost impossible for the standard build to have more than 2000 HP. Meanwhile offensive softcaps have a second limit in the form of 60.

Brightbugs are fine since they only affect PvE with no ability to use them in PvP. They also have to be purchased after beating one of the main bosses or farmed at specific late game locations.

>37 vitality
the life ring is a DS3 thing

>anchored target

This is the problem in your argument and I don't feel like explaining to COMPLETE RETARDS why because you likely won't even understand.

>but it's a fact that it usually won't fully land,

do you even know what a fucking fact is?

Whether it lands or not depends on the map, who you are invading, what they're doing, and how good you are with timing it. That doesn't make the fucking spell actually do less damage just because you haven't found a way to consistently hit with it.

>1
git gud

>2
the better one

>3
the better one

>4
git gud

>5
don't change what isn't broken

i expect the money witin 24 to 48 hours

His post assumed DeS had no item burden, I was just correcting him.

Or do you think DeS doesn't have item burden?

sure you can tank but your mobility will suffer

what's that you want to midroll like everyone else? fuck you then!

I hit moving targets as well, within lockon range, for no additional damage

>Whether it lands or not depends on the map, who you are invading, what they're doing

yes, and it's a fact that in most of those cases it won't do more damage

>and how good you are with timing it.

well good thing I'm able to land it four times in an arena duel

>wish defense scaled better I should be rewarded for having 50+vit and heavy fuckhuge armour

>He doesn't know about getting over 50% absorption and taking only 10% damage

Item burden is a garbage mechanic and I never want it to be a thing ever again.

>not knowing about something that makes no sense

god dammit ;_;