Maserati first car?

Hey so I'm going to college and my parents want to get me a car for driving around town they will spend up to 4K I found this it looks awesome and it's a Maserati so everyone will think I'm rich what do you guys think? Idk how to fix cars my dad says it would be hard but I could just take it to autozone and they can fix whatever goes wrong for cheap right? grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/maserati-twin-turbo/6269596342.html

bait

>take it to autozone and they can fix whatever goes wrong for cheap right?
Yes, this is accurate.

>it looks awesome
>it's a Maserati
Does/Is it?

This

go ahead man yeah buy a 30 year old Biturbo for college i cant foresee any issues here.

>4K
>20+ year old car
>6 cylinder
>twin turbo
>everyone will think I'm rich
This is bait, there's no way someone is this retarded.

Wow what a great deal on a death trap that doesn't even have a closing hood. Your parents will be proud of you

Also the craigslist ad raises more red flags than a transsexual fat fetishist. Not trolling if any car has that many problems, there are more problems beneath the surface

>It will not stay idling, and due to a bad 24$ thermostat it does over heat, but I always shut it off before it gets to hot from going up and down my road.
The actual ad itself may be bait. Is this post-irony?

I can't really see what's wrong with it? Those issues seem pretty minor. It seems like a pretty good deal for 4K and my parents offered to pay for it

>will trade for a dual sport motorcycle
>650cc plus

This man must be torched out of his skull

This would be good for a project car to work on.

Buy a 3k civic and shut up.

Its literally a $3k clock.

Except it's 4k

>a car for driving around
I didn't realize Biturbos are cars capable of driving, as in moving around. Under their own power too.

Please don't fucking buy this car...

I'm getting so fucking pissed off right now. All you are just talking shit but not a single reason why I SHOULDNT BUY THE CAR.
My dad (whose a mechanic) says the engine looks really solid

really solid until something breaks, then there are 2 scenario

a)the part is impossible to find

b)the part costs twice the value of the car

meant this forCouldnt I just take it to Autozone? What would break on it? Oil filter? Also my dad is a mechanic so worst comes to worse i could ask him to fix it

Ignore this, I'm dumb

you can't be this stupid...

k now this is 100% bait

Look the cold hard fact of the matter is most people are going to think it's a bmw, and it will cost you quite a lot of time and money to fix the eventual problems it will have. If you care about looks so much you may as well get a jag. Yea a jag will have the same issues but it will at least make you look good, this just looks like another bmw.

I guess you guys just dont know shit about cars and are just jealous. not one piece of useful advice in this whole thread. I see craigslist threads all the time where you guys list pros/cons of cars and typical problems and such. So thanks guys

>Pros
>Might impress a few car nerds who will show genuine surprise that it's moving under it's own power.

>Cons
>This car is notoriously unreliable, even by Italian car standards. It put Maserati into bankruptcy and it will do the same to you when you need to find parts that have to be imported from Italy, because I swear to you that Autozone does not stock fuck all for it. This car will sit more than it runs, especially for a college kid with other priorities and zero know how and even less money. If you want a car for image, consider a used older Camaro or Mustang, not something that will require an admitted initial investment even by the seller before it's ready to drive.

what are common problems though? I want to know what to expect when i buy it
captcha: italia calle

>when I buy it

Why spoil the surprise then? Welcome to the deep end mother fucker, your bus pass awaits.

>mfw i was just pretending to be retarded the whole time
This is my car. lol

>just pretending to be retarded
>posts an 86

user...I have some bad news.

Jesus Christ OP you're retarded as fuck
Just to think that these are the people you listen to for car advice..