/rsg/ RuneScape general

Deepest lore edition

Previous thread Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,803,65903630
>BTS
services.runescape.com/m=news/the-month-ahead--may-2017?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>Menaphos update [June 5th]
runescape.com/info/menaphos
>Menaphos stream #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=En1tm8U6_TQ

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide#Recurring_methods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for literally zero updates for two weeks until the most likely biggest disappointment of the entire year
How fucked will Jagex be if the entire Menaphos update turns out to be a colossal failure? They've already said that they were going to follow the new '''''expansion''''' formula and that they were planning on making another two similar updates later this year, but before the 1st one even has been released they have proven they are incapable of managing large sized updates.

Okay why the fuck didn't you guys tell me about the double xp weekend? Now I've missed most of it, thanks a lot.

>incapable of large sized updates
how?

I thought everyone has already said to not have any expectations? How can you be disappointed then?

Hey, Moytania woman, Salvissippi man
We get together every time we can.
The Salvissippi River can keep us apart
There's too much love in the Salveissippi heart.
Too much love in this Morytania heart.

Literally all of their major updates in the past 6 months have been huge let downs or fuck ups due to rushed development and/or lack of testing

In your own opinion what would you say are the best unlocks to get for a mid ranged player?
examples being charming imp to help summoning and soul split to help with slayer

prif

You already listed two of them.
Overloads, unlocking invention (80 divination/crafting/smithing), prif access and quest cape.

I know just trying to compile a list of goals for my friend who has just returned to rs

What's a good time to upgrade my magic weapon? Using abbyssal wand right now, thinking of buying a Wand of the Cywir elders. 86 Magic atm.

In that case his first priorities should probably be to get access to Prif and maybe quest cape. I don't know how long he's been gone but it'll probably result in him unlocking most of the newer stuff while giving him a feel for how the game plays.

cheaper to get both virt weapons bruh

Buy a chaotic staff instead. If you for some reason can't get the dungeoneering tokens for it switch the wand with a staff of light or an armadyl battlestaff instead

What to do in order to get into this game properly wihout paying a dime and not feeling burned out of the skill grind /rsg/

more like armadyl beststaff
...still dont understand why its not lendable though

The most important part is that you stop treating the game like a job or compulsory task
Take a break when you don't feel like playing the game or do like many other people: treat it like a side game rather than your main source of entertainment. Play the game while listening to music, watching a movie, studying, playing different games etc.

coconut tree runs ~200k
blood+fire runes from wicked hood ~250k
red sandstone/flasks ~250k
divine locations (rune/herb3) ~100k

little dailies that dont take long and the pay adds up

grind skills as high as you can take in F2P
do all F2P quests
Do daily runs for 2mil-ish a day
buy a bond for 13mil when you're ready
continue levelling and questing
get to the point where you can maintain a bond (requires 13mil every 14 days)

D-do dailies give that kind of money? All the dailies I ever did gave me some shit colored equipment and spare 20 coins or something, and that's it.

oh and i forgot runegoldberg thats another good one for quick daily dough

>get to the point where you can maintain a bond (requires 13mil every 14 days)
>338M/year
I always stock up on bonds in advantage when they reach low (11m) prices and just buy premium membership. It's worked fine for me every year and I get the additional benefits such as loyalty points without having to spend real money

They're talking about various minor tasks that only can be done once per day, not the daily 'challenges' that the challenge system gives you.

>runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Daily

i hear you can make bond money from shop runs alone but i dont know this myself

Why isn't runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide#Recurring_methods in the OP yet?

yes

right off the bat you can go to the fishing shops in Lumbrodge, Port Sarim, and Al-Kaharid and buy 1000 feathers for 6k gp, giving you 3000 feathers. Chop some trees for like 10 minutes and fletch all the logs into arrow shafts. Then just use the deathers on the shafts to make headless arrows. You can then sell them on the GE for roughly 300k. As you progress thrpugh the game, you'll unlock more fishing shops, and can get up to 1mil a day.

And that's just from headless arrows, theres Rune Goldberg Machine, Daily Runes, DnD's, Warbands, and all sorts of shit.

People liked AoD.

reminder that the community voted for this

I sure as fuck didn't. I can imagine that most of the people that voted for this update schedule also assumed Jagex were capable of actually making quality content

reminder that 6 people would have gotten HSR some days after release if they had been wearing LOTD at the time.

How does jagex's spaghetti code work when it comes to perks on augmented items?

I have enhanced devoted 3 on one item, and devoted 1 + genocidal on the other, and it seems like its prioritizing the shitty devoted 1 because the perk is rarely activating for me. Can I get around this or do I just need a new gizmo with only genocidal?

they totally would goy

>never seen this before
>don't even know what dropped

wew lad

wot in tarnation

the first message appears when you access the rdt.

the second appears when you enter the ''super rare drop table'' which is a slot inside the rdt and is apparently the one where hsr is.

Do you need something?

what do i do now

Have a walk around the city so you can familiarise yourself with it

talk to clan elders for one time freebies!

they aint giving me shit

huh, must be a task set reward or some such

I don't particularly dislike puzzle boxes but do elite clues really have to give you one after every single step? Christ.

shitter filter

Are any other grandmaster quests easier than plagues end?

brink of extinction and vsb were easy..havent actually done plagues end though

One of a Kind.

plague's end was pretty easy desu

some of them give xp lamps if you complete a task (like destroying x amount of corrupted ore for trahaern) but it's not part of the priff diary

runescape

What about it

does bait-chan want to get fugged

what do lads

regret not having done more during dxp
take further advantage of the fayre

Work towards completing the quest "Plagues End"

start levelling that dung for your chimp

Any lewd friends online?

Probably. Why else would she dress like that?

i got that while doing kbd reaper
the drop was kbd heads

waifu here

So at this point I just do Slayer/Invention until I can afford t90 weps + nex armor, then I start doing PVM, right?

get maxed you goof

why is the cooking guild more flammable than juliets house?

>dyed my armor thinking I wouldn't have to reaugment it again
Why didn't you guys warn me?

because most of us don't spend billions on stupid shit

who has the biggest butt in the game?

Fiara

Debatable, but Enakhra definitely has the smallest.

Juna

You can't, you missed a key

Not sure if anyone knows but if I reached 75 div/agility/mining but havent capped at empty throne, is it still the best possible xp for those skills or should i move on?

can't say for div
but for mining it was never the best xp, even before 75
and for agility it's the best xp all the way to 99

Do caches for divination and use Fayre happy hour to get 77 agility. Not sure if there's a better way for mining, but at 77 you can do LRC coal.

>he doesn't know about silverhawks

you know what I meant

>spending over 20k for less than 1k xp

The time saved is worth far more than the money

I have it but I'm not gonna post it.

Only if your idea of fun is constant boss runs.

I don't know about you but I find 1 hour of bossing a lot more tolerable than 10 hours of agility

>Hefin VOS gives 70-133k xp per hour without any additional boosts
>conversion of gp to xp is 20:1 at best
>cost to save 10 hours is 14-26m
>Araxxi is 8m per hour and requires hundreds of hours for the rares that bring the average up to that
>have to pay attention the whole time and have large investments in gear

>Araxxi is 8m per hour
t. shitter

Better to be a shitter at bossing than a shitter at everything else.

But I have more total xp than you

>>Araxxi is 8m per hour
Araxxi is 20m/h not counting rares. Otherwise it'd be hundreds of millions.

>Araxxi is 8m per hour

>false flagging
Araxxi is over 20m/hour, but that includes rares

I don't think you know what falseflagging means.

>argument by assertion

who are you replying to?

to whompst*

dingeoneering is a minsifgame ansd shought be referred as one

true

why doesn't this show which perks are in your cape like for augmented gear?
someone go suggest this on r_ddit for me

Why would it matter? There's no reason to ever changed them

Because it's completely irrelevant due to the shittiness of most skill cape perks

i want to have one cape for skilling perks and one for combat perks
plus if jagex ever makes the majority of perks not shit it would be nice

gear you can have multiple of the same one, with different perks, so it's necessary

now, if you can't remember which 3 perks you have on your single max cape, you should see a doctor