/dbg/ - Dirty Bomb General

Dockyard is FUCKING NOW
Is it p2w?
No
How the loadout system works:
stealth-nerf.com/dirty-bomb-the-loadout-system-explained/
Loadout/weapon/augment charts
forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/12972/the-db-genome-project-everything-there-is-to-know-about-loadouts
How do I get this game?
store.steampowered.com/app/333930/
Wiki:
dirtybomb.gamepedia.com
Wanna play competitive?
Ask someone in the Offical Dirty Bomb Discord for a partner to duo matchmaking with or for PUG's.
Tweaks and HUD customization
Use this to create and configure a custom HUD
forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/33765/hudedit-2-0-0-the-software-to-modify-your-hud-finally

Singleplayer map practice and testing commands
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612915290
Basics:
youtube.com/watch?v=-LJUmnLDpDw
youtube.com/watch?v=6lGdwdnyWB0
youtube.com/watch?v=5CsMPX6800Y
Aim/reflex training:
aim400kg.com/
Official Dirty Bomb Discord
discord.gg/0gP8aNVcec7ggHEl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qmO23yyqeo
forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/33790-quot-Post-your-screenshots-quot-thread-Humor-not-required-but-appreciated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ranked Cases

dead thread

dead game

i wish i was dead

>map is in the game files but the public servers don't have them available yet in map selection
nice game

You need to update the genome project link. It's still linking to the Nexon forum.

This game has made a real, valiant attempt at creating Wolf:ET as a free to play modern shooter and I'll be damned if I don't get back into playing it.

Anyone got ideas on what merc concept they'll release after Turtle and Javelin come out in the next decade? It's hard to find a balance between near-future and not completely out there.

I reckon we'll see an assault with an AA12 at some point.

Seems like they stealth added more commander lines. At least I don't remember them mentioning adding them in the patch notes.

Someone (I think Bush) had an AA12 in their concept art, so one was in planning at some point, at least.

Im actually sort of alright with the AA12 not being in game (at least yet). Can you imagine how fucking anoying id be to run around the corner into some idiot who glues m1 down and 2 shot blast most of your hp away?

Yo what fuck I am was shocked to see this place is back

>Add a new map
>Don't change some servers to run that map 24/7
>New map rarely shows up to be voted for, probably isn't even in rotation on some servers
Fucking SD. I wish we had enough people here to just get a private match going for it.

>map isnt in public server rotation yet
nice meme SD

it's no secret Splash Damage has to screw up everything they do

It is, it just rarely fucking shows up for some reason.

fug

The recentish dev video talked a bit about how ineffective EAC has been

did they finally come to their senses and remove the rootkit spyware they were using for anticheat? I really miss playing this game but I can't support practices like that

All anticheats are spyware you mong. Dirty Bomb needs to be lawless like they advertised.

for sure, but some more than others

eac straight up says they sell random data that they read on disk to whoever they want

Well done SD, major map update on OVERWATCH ANNIVERSARY.

turtle never

(more)

remember how people flipped their shit about XIGNCODE? Easy Anti Cheat is literally worse, but people welcomed it with open arms for some reason.

Another popular free2play shooter switched a while back from a proprietary anticheat system to an off-the-shelf highly invasive anti-cheat, and it made no sense to me why. Outside of the very rare and super egregious cheaters who were detected and banned quickly, the ultra low TTK and spammy nature of the game made cheating difficult to detect and no substitute for proper positioning and play.

>Easy Anti Cheat is literally worse, but people welcomed it with open arms for some reason
Nexon's was apparently doing nothing, so people would have probably been happy at any replacement.

I was fine with it personally. NGS was a token anti-cheat system that did nothing because uninformed players demanded that there be an anti-cheat system. It wasn't supposed to ever do anything

in reality security will always be an issue unless a game is run fully on the server side, but the infrastructure for to provide a good FPS experience doesn't exist, and in the case of the US, will not exist any time soon. Best just to accept that there will always be some amount of cheating and just enjoy the game when you can.

Post more alpha screenshots

youtube.com/watch?v=7qmO23yyqeo
tfw i spent like 4 hours on this stupid assault course

I really dont like how lanky aimee is. Its like her arms are smaller then the barrel of her gun.

I think her beanie is the dumbest thing. She would look better with almost anything else on her head instead. But even the final version has the beanie...

>unironically playing this dead as fuck game

There should be a whole bunch here:
forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/33790-quot-Post-your-screenshots-quot-thread-Humor-not-required-but-appreciated

no worries friend, I support and play every videogame ironically.