/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

operation health is bananas edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1636453-Patch-Notes-Update-2-1-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-5-12-2017
Next update will be Operation Health, which will focus on fixing the game.
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Casual matchmaking will be relaxed for better queue times.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1654519-Regarding-the-recent-Casual-matchmaking-changes-and-Casual-queue-times

opfor has the hostage:

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/store/promo/ubisoft-spring-sale/
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-290987-16/operation-health-221-priority-list
my.mixtape.moe/laphkv.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

humble bundle is having a ubisoft sale

>full game 20$
>season pass 20$
>complete edition 60$
>If you search their site for "Siege", the cash-only cosmetic DLC, like the Bushido sets or the gemstone skins, are also 50% off.

so if you're missing anything or don't have the game yet now is a good time to get it. it ends on may 25th so get it quick.

humblebundle.com/store/promo/ubisoft-spring-sale/

PATCHNOTES WHEN

Dead game

Dead General

do they give steam keys?

miss me yet?

New challenges are up. No charms skins or interesting rewards. No interesting challenges either.

who

That cosmetic DLC is shit though. Like, I'd have a hard time justifying spending renown on it. And they want actual cash.

Some of them are alright. The gemstone skins are trash though.

I think the monty/blitz bushido ones are alright but only because of the lack of options for monty/blitz.

Nope. Uplay jeys only

>Irenka

>be in copper
>put against a gold/plat team
guess matchmaking technology just isn't there yet

Yes :(

Where did football-team-user go?
I haven't seen him in forever

Is all hope lost?

When does season 2 start?

>Poland map never ever.

24th

Someone mentioned he's in the middle of a tournament or some such

Ah ok. Is that for consoles too? Because I know Op Health will be delayed behind PC for consoles. So will start the season with the unfixed game?

Yes it should be.

The updates are releasing on PC first as a quality measure but the season starts for everyone at the same time.

In fact, on the 24th there should not be an update to the game. Just a screen change.

Yeah I understand the reasons for releasing the fixes on PC first. Thanks user.

>tfw have to make do with Copper or Bronze finish

:(

What key is this?

shift

>LOL xd BANANA OPS SO RANDUMB

>mfw the arrow makes sense now
Muchos thanks, amigo

isnt it starting at june 8th?

Player population wise the VAST majority are on console.

Gameplay wise I feel that PC is better.

Its ok we can be copper pals.

What the hell? Is that still a bug? Turret shooting blanks has been a thing for at least a year

post your god-tier loadouts

immediately after that webm I killed him with my shotgun and then left click stopped working

36 for sakuya

Stop posting before I dox you aswell spic

Tfw w/l is over one but it's my first season and I played a lot of the ranking games without my m8s so had no chance. Lesson learnt for next season desu

god tier = default everything and flag charm
shit tier = literally anything else

wew edgy boy eh?

mah nigga
Mine has a funny story. I did my placement matches immediately on hitting 20, got trounced, played with friends and would lose 100+ points for a loss and get a "measly" 70 or so for a win.

Once the provisional MMR stage ended I had like 500 MMR and I don't feel like grinding it out. People give me hell for being a smurf but the truth is I'm just not interested in grinding out ranked matches when it takes 10 minutes on PC to get a game in ranked at copper level.

Yeah the system sort of sucks. I feel like there should be some sort of multiplayer to the MMR depending on how well you perform in the team. I don't think a loss should ever result in positive points but when playing with randoms I can consistently come top 1-2-3 in the team but get shafted because I predictably get put with a spastic that let's the whole team down.

Here's a thought experiment for you /r6g/:
Every operator can now be picked in both an attacking and defending role. The trick is, they get a different gadget (but with a similar theme) depending on if they're attacking or defending. What would each operator's alternative gadget be?

>Jager
>When attacking, becomes a 3-armor shield operator
>Shield has an ADS on it, will shoot down a thrown defender gadget when off cooldown

>Tachanka
>When attacking, LMG replaces his primary weapon
>Has a bipod, can be braced on vault-height cover, insane recoil if not braced

>Blitz
>When defending, has access to tripmine flashbangs
>Deal no actual damage, but very hard to spot, and useful as an early warning system

>Thermite
>When defending, has access to a hellfire charge
>Can be used to burn a small one-operator-sized hole through normally unbreakable floor beams

Multiplier not multiplayer

>lone wolfing a hostage protection
>opfor kick barricade down
>they just drill the fucking hostage down every time
What the fuck is this bullshit

There was an attempt. The system is designed to give you more MMR for beating a higher rank and less MMR for losing. Jokes on us though, I both lost and gained more MMR against higher ranked people. So losing to a gold meant 100-120 MMR gone and beating a copper meant 30-40 gained (or lost).

Whatever new season in 1 day and I'm not making the mistake I did this time and playing my qualifiers by myself in pubs.

People have discussed the idea of a way to mitigate people quitting in ranked by losing less MMR or by performing and getting more but it was rightfully brought up that it'd make people get kill frenzies trying to get aces every match and gain more MMR. It's a tough problem.

lone wolf defense is much harder than offense because you still only get 2 reinforcements and those fuckers will blow up everything possible

protect hostage lone wolf is fucking ridiculously hard for what it is. like you can extract a hostage in 1:06 every time for five times the renown and get better practice in.

nice

i personally run the clover charm

You get 1 additional reinforce every time you refill ammo but theres barely time to refill twice between rounds so its a bit ridiculous. Also running up to get a hatch pushes you to the time limit.

>13k renown
I'm gonna follow suit next thing I buy.

Yeh true. Measuring performance would need to be based on something more than just k/d and spotting. Being a good team player can be hard to quantify solidly I suppose.

Yeah montys would get fucked really hard. But Montagne in general doesn't get the points he deserves.

Lone wolfing is all about learning to abuse the AI.

For example: they will not try to breach walls if they don't have a spot where to place the breach charge at standing height. They also cannot path through crouch/prone/vault holes in walls.

In some places, just "compromising" a wall by hitting it with a nitro/impact is enough that they will ignore it completely.

Just blast the middle part of a wall out with a shotgun, and you generally won't need to worry about it ever again. The worst that might happen is that they will shoot you through the hole if they happen to walk past and see you, or the hostage.

>smoke
>turns a valve that just leaves a trail of [REDACTED] around and behind him; amount available is time limited
>fuze
>follow up blast on his charge is stun grenades instead
>thatcher
>his emp grenade goes unchanged but his melee loses reception
>rook
>doesn't drop a bag of armor, rather he has to manually put it on his teammates
>sledge
>hammer swing becomes a charge that crashes through walls performing a huge melee swing that gibs anyone within range; makes a lot of noise and has a lot of cooldown
>pulse
>beat sensor range extends the longer he aims it at the same point

>Montagne
>becomes Tachanka

I remember being new and wanting to complete a terrorist hunt BOPE challenge, but only having cav. This was pretty much how it was done. Pick a specific site thats advantageous and then just try to bug out the AI as hard as possible

i was in the same spot as you not long ago, just stick with it

You couldn't dox me if you tried fuccboi

>God tier
>not Fuze w/full Kryptek Raid, universal black on AK-12, and oil spill on PM

rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-290987-16/operation-health-221-priority-list

>this week's challenges
>I don't have Capitao

>Oil Spill
>Not Soviet Steel PM

Holy shit there's a lot of waiting around in this game.

Wow it's literally nothing

>No mention of patch notes
>No timeline for any updates
>Literally nothing new

They do have a nice operation health website though

Just do a protect hostage on normal as cav. Should be easy enough.

How I do it is reinforce nothing aside from seriously key walls, then as they breach through plug up holes they make between rounds
It's dumb but it works for me, also mite and doc are god tier for solo

Oh yeah?
>In the coming weeks, we will be expanding on the following topics in their own blogs. We will include more information, as well as answer some questions that you may have.

They just said it. No new patch for weeks to come.

>Running towards the objective and dying for not using cover is not considered spawn killing.
People complaining about peeking outside/run outs BTFO

He's talking about attackers running without thinking not spawn rushing jagers

Both easy to counter

>[Bug/Glitch] Suppressor Damage Reduction
>Suppressors effect the damage of some weapons beyond what is intended.
I wonder wich weapons are those, because if it only happens to some weapons then it would make a lot more sense

I remember that guy on youtube testing all the weapons with suppressors and it was the P229 for Hibana and Echo that only did like 13 damage with the suppressor on

Wow so it really is literally nothing, you sure showed me user

That is actual news though. Now we know that the patch won't be for weeks.

Glaz will now be a non-playable character who provides overwatch on all maps. Standing within a meter of a window will get you glazed.

Isn't this like at least 6 months old?

Talk about eating scraps

>site that exists to repost content reposts content

>source
>share
>save
>hide
>give gold
>report
>hide all child comments
Go back, reddie

No.

>he doesn't have an account to lurk for information wherever he can get it but not engage with the posters

Look at this pleb

Having an account is fine as long as you don't interact with the community.
Typically screenshots of skins and bundles appear there rather fast

>All those spawns with fuckall cover might actually get fixed

I fucking hope so

Lool

>hide all the child comments
How old is the average Reddit user that this is a legit feature?
Is this a reddit add-on or for real?

So thats Kaze, poomulus, and now multi exposed. I wonder whos next.

God damn it user it hides anyone that has replied to a comment not literal children like you.

Why not just refer to them as "replies"?
Who spit in your soup that you have to be so mean over nothing user?

Reminder that Boogie is by far the most cancerous general poster and should be shunned and never given replies

You're acting hoighty but don't know one of the most basic bitch programming terms - parent and child.

I know the programming terms, but I don't think Reddit's target audience is programmers.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to not just refer to them as "replies".

Mate, I had a game a long time ago where I had a jeager and bandit sit in the obj. It was rook and a castle that barricades right as we spawn and me as mute trying desperately to move around the map to place jammers.

Insult to injury, castle fucking downs me as I break down his third wall that was in my way. Absolute shit op.

Meme aside, I really wish this was an actual feature.

Then again:
>Turn it on
>Thread is now literally 3 guys

>tfw you can do more than scanning electronics
my.mixtape.moe/laphkv.mp4

this man is quite the Veeky Forums connoisseur

Why is IQ crouching on that castle?
Doesn't she know that he's an enemy and could kill her at any second?!