The end is near

The age of car culture is ending. Very soon these faggots will have taken over the streets.
What do Veeky Forums?

They still fly prop planes for amusement, it'll probably be like that.

Nuke California. Damn hippies

not really. tesla is going bankrupt.

they are really not tho - they are about to write black numbers within the next couple of years

you don't seem to understand the financial situation of tesla.

LOL!

>open battery recycling/retrieval business
>offer "low cost" service
>dump batteries in large city's water supplies
>??????
>ICE is back in style

oh yea.

>inb4 "they're still building infrastructure!;__;"
they haven't even been able to make profits before they built all their infrastructure. come up with better damage control

The end is near, for Tesla as they continue to hemorrhage money and have a junk bond credit rating. Not even the far right Trumptards with built in Merca can save it.

what about the end of fossil
fuels? this shits limited ya know

That will screw Tesla with the amount of lignite used to fuel them

Not in our life time. New reservoirs are constantly being discovered but they're always harder to get to. We have at least another couple hundred years of crude oil alone, but the price of it, and the products made from it will get a lot more expensive.
T. Petroleum Engineer

Wouldn't the technology to retrieve the oil also advance in 200 years, as to drive down costs?

If you haven't noticed, technology stopped really advancing in the 80s, except for computers, which stopped advancing in the early 00s. The only technology still advancing is IT.

Second Renaissance coming soon.

It's defiantly advanced a lot in the last 20 years(1) so I don't see why not.

(1) unlike battery technology that has been quite stagnant with a mere 20% increase in density per/L, virtually zero increase in density per gram and no increase in the charding discharging efficancy since the Oxford University invented Lithium Ion batteries in 1980.

The average person won't be able to afford one. The cheapest ones are going for about 30k. I know its not much to some of us, but it is to most people.

i dont know why hate tesla? it's cool, fast, what else do you need from car?

Reliability, the ability to open the doors, brake pedals that don't snap off, and the ability to leave the car parked without spontaneous auto combustion.

>what are smartphones
>what is fracking

You are clueless.

You forgot about the technology to manufacture the consent to increasingly oppressive government regulation.
And the technology to sell old technology in new packaging to people who neither need it nor can afford it.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Just nuke SF and LA
Thats where the hippies are
the rest is happy to burn gas, pollute & destroy acres of land to get those precious endangered animals out of the way

I don't think so. People have already begun working on these themselves. I saw a video of a guy replace a $20 blown fuse on his tesla that was preventing charging. Like all dealers, tesla wanted to charge him $2000 to replace the entire part instead of just the fuse. Personally, I think it'll be fun to learn about fixing electric cars over the years.

saging a shitnigger thread

>The age of car culture is ending.
Chinese car companies will open up shop on american soil. They've quietly taken a chunk out of the municipal bus market for years already. Their lower-priced cars will cannibalize new car sales from GM and Ford. That will force GM and Ford to shrink even further.

>I saw a video of a guy replace a $20 blown fuse on his tesla that was preventing charging
Tesla marks many subassemblies with their security paint. If you touch those nuts or bolts, they claim it can invalidate your warranty.

They reinvest pretty much everything they get, their plan for this phase is to grow faster than their debts.
The plan is to extend the gigafactory as fast as possible and dramaticly increrase model 3 and model Y production.
With model 3 and model y being produced at the planned levels the profits will be more than sufficient to pay of debts in no time.

>charding discharging efficancy
The charging/discharging efficiency of LiIon batterys is pretty much 100%, you can´t realy improve that...

>butthurt flyover

Dude. Peak oil was in the 70 s, then the 90's, then the mid 2000's. Didn't you see the charts and hear the TED talks?

Smart phones are cool, but they were really just an iterative advance off the adjacent possible. All the pieces existed a decade before. They just needed to get a little better, cheaper and someone had to have the balls to put it all together. Thanks Steve Knobjob.

Coastal bigot.

Tesla isn't doing well.
I was a finance manager for them for 4 months. Promised all these great things and how bright their future was. Almost gave me the pyramid scheme/dixon vaccum door sales vibe but I thought hey it's Tesla.

I left a good stable position at GM / Nissan dealer for it. 15k higher base pay and about 5% more in commisions when you figured it all. Sounded great.

We sold 3 cars in the 4 months I was there. Dealership Manager was always stressed and confiding in me and the service manager about how worried he was because numbers weren't being met across the bored.
Most of my time was actually spent cold calling people who had filled out interest forms up to 3 years ago and reading company phamplets regarding reassurance after the wrecks and such with self driving and all that.

Finally our location was getting merged with another dealership for sales and was only retaining the service side.

I got laid off, luckily got my job back at my old GM/Nissan dealer.

Fuck Tesla, their dealership support was terrible too. Whenever we had any major issue we couldnt solve in house getting any actual help was like pulling teeth. They hardly give their dealership management any room for making decisions on their own as well.

To authorize warrantying a defective trans switch - it took 2 months for the authorization. That was 2 months of an angry customer that our dealership paid out of pocket for a rental and that was just the authorization! Took another 2 weeks for the part.

Ive never seen such disorganization for such a high end new tech company.

>peak oil
>defined as point in time with global maximum oil production
Well, there will be one as soon as the more and more complex oil production makes oil more expensive than the alternatives like biofuel, power to gas and electric.
The thing is, that it won´t be a catostrophical szenario like most greens/leftists tell you, the alternatives will just be chaeper and less people want to buy oil products anymore due to the higher price.

This. Tesla is being propped up by all the greatest "minds" "banks" "governments" "media" "celebrities" and it still impossible to hide the losses. Think of where it would be if it had to survive on it's own merits, or think of where we would be if that same effort were backing proven winners, or just staying away and let the nature of things win out,

Tesla is this generations DMC.

Only at very low C values.

can't believe people buy tesla. meme brand. tesla x is absolute top tier shit

That depends on the internal resistance, modern LiPo don´t have any efficiency issues untill you go crazy with load >20C.
And loads like that would be like a Model S with 2000 kW going to the engines.
LiGraph is rated for even higher loads that exceed 50C and charging up to 5C.

>What do Veeky Forums?
buy TSLA stock

What state? Think it really depends on the location. West coast Northeast embrace Tesla. Everywhere else is a hopeless void though.

tesla would be in the black and making a profit if they just stuck to making the model s and x and not investing in the moat thats going to make them untouchable to any auto manufacturer for the foreseeable future.

This. I'd say so few people will still drive cars that a simple tax will suffice. Gonna be great.

>TSLA is %50 of my portfolio
>nanananana i cant hear you nanananan

>technology hasn't advanced
>except for computers

Electric cars are superior, but the lack of noise is worrisome. Once they become prevalent we'll see a sharp increase in vehicle/pedestrian collisions. Bikefags and cyclefags too.

not really. With accident avoidance tech they will go down too.

btfo them on the touge or racetrack

>Less range
>Heavier
>More expensive
>Superior

>stocks
Its 2017 dude
Buy crypto

You'll have to pry my gear shifter out of my cold dead hand

I'll take What is Biofuel for 3000 Alex

this