opengameart.org
blender-models.com

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4J8gzJwzs
geekbuying.com/item/-HK-Stock--UMI-ROME-X-5-5inch-2-5D-HD-Screen-MT6580-Quad-Core-Smartphone-Android-5-1-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-13-0MP-2-0MP---Gold-361918.html
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for making games can be fun sometimes!

Yes!

Any of you homos making Android games?
Preferably low requirement because my phone is ass.

I checked the play store but all the games there look like they just want to have a sweet sweet go at your wallet.

Also it has to be free cause im poor

Reminder that an idea doesnt need to be 100% original to work. It's all in the execution.

Someone make 'not' Animal Crossing for mobile please.

>>>/india/

>free
>doesn't want to give even ad money to creators
That's hard.

I know a few good freemium games, but they have options to buy things and will show ads.

I said poor not kapoor

>>>/huehueland/

I plan to make a free Android game without ads and with an option to donate to me.

You are a good person. I can't stand ads but I understand where they're coming from though.
For /aggydaggy/ I could probably get used to it even if I'd grind my teeth a little.

When I make my game, it won't have any ads though.

making games is hell

Dying now sends player back to tent.
Right now it just loads the last save on death, so all progress since last tent is lost. Will change that later to a more fair system that keeps some stuff, don't want to go tryhard.

Tips on how to make a casual platformer like Kirby's Epic Yarn or a Super Mario game fun?

I'm worried that trying to design levels to be kinda casual will result in a boring level. I'd obviously like some challenge but I'm not really going for a SMB: Lost Levels or Super Meat Boy design here.

>steadily make progress
>afraid to have no progress to show on social medias once I make an account because I made too much progress before

Why can't I find a bloody dev/game name ?

Neat!

Reminder that following "game design guidelines" like the bible is what ruins games today and you're better off disregarding most of it.

Added attributes and defense move, skills next but I'm afraid to proceed.

Your devname is now... "Antoriil"
Whats your game like

from the last thread

I'll probably put an ad in on the title screen to see what dosh (if any) I'll get.
Plus, I just want a super simple game I can play on the bus without getting bombarded with ads and REVIVE NOW BY WATCHING A VIDEO and shit like that. Sometimes you just gotta make game yourself

Also an important reminder is to analyse existing videogames for what you want your one to have and how they use something similar. Old magazine interviews with developers sometimes glean interesting thought processes;

Why re-invent the wheel after all.

No. That's like saying you need to disregard anatomy for drawing.
That said, you need to think around it and not follow it to be creative.

You should make it so that it reads "X defends him/herself" instead, it's a little more comprehensible. More so if enemies do it too.

>Your devname is now... "Antoriil"
But that has nothing to do with me or my game. And it doesn't sound very good

>Whats your game like
rooty tooty point 'n shooty
with very fast

it's a pretty good nickname user

It sounds like a russian kid on DOTA
I'm getting flashbacks

Let's throw shit at the wall and see what sticks then. Your new name is QTboidev

>QTboidev
Now that's something I can get behind.

Do you know of any games with the matching mechanics from Puzzles&Dragons other than it and its Korean clone?

rtpdev

How is it different to the thousands of matching games?

>QTboidev
user pls that's embarassing

you can't just put "dev" after random letters

>That's like saying you need to disregard anatomy for drawing.
That's true too, following anatomy like the bible ruins art.

You basically get to make any number of swaps within 10 seconds but you must always swap the same gem. Matches are checked only after you're done swapping. This leads to some pretty elaborate combos.

shut the fuck up antoriil

That sounds like a really heavy-handed way to force big combos and "epic moments".

Copying what works is why 95% of indie devs will make games that are barely engaging at best. It's not even the convention necessarily; it's the lack of understanding behind it. Even classic games will often be good in spite of their flaws, not because that's the ideal way to make a game in that genre.

>You should make it so that it reads "X defends him/herself" instead
You could actually defend any party member but defending yourself is easy enough to fix.

fug

it's not random

it's rooty tooty point

my main game controller has 40 variables
am I a real dev yet

It's actually really elegant.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cn4J8gzJwzs

give me matching rules for a block-stacking puzzle game that aren't from something else

>get told to make social media account
>make twitter
>post few gifs
>next day 542 followers already
Is this normal?

unmatch three

>Things that didn't happen.

Match 20.

>That's true too, following anatomy like the bible ruins art.
LaughingRodin.jpg

I guessed it was the case. That's a really pragmatic way to fix it, but it works, good job.

Oh, right.
I still don't like it.

How many bots though ?

>tfw have too many fucking variables just for the gun templates but i reference them all over the fucking place so i can't just make them into an array

o fug

You're the 2D mecha dev, right? Just followed you.
It's not normal, but mecha are sexy, so maybe that helps.

>Todo: Level Design

How?
Tell me your secrets.

it literally just happened to that dude with blaster master/cybernator type of game
his twitter handle is @axleboxdev
it's not normal

what are your specs?

if I put my controller all into 1 big jumbo script, it'd probably have over 200 variables.

Got me. What's your twitter? I try to follow as many fellow AGDG devs as possible.

>How?
post video games

It's a juicy fucking game, user

>have an interesting-looking and polished game that looks good and fun
>people are interested

wow!

geekbuying.com/item/-HK-Stock--UMI-ROME-X-5-5inch-2-5D-HD-Screen-MT6580-Quad-Core-Smartphone-Android-5-1-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-13-0MP-2-0MP---Gold-361918.html

BUT HOW DID THEY EVEN FIND THE TWITTER

>progress showing doors which work exactly the same as metro id got 1k likes

what the fuck?

Mine is @CowThing

break down that bulletpoint into smaller parts and steps 1,2,3,4 and 5 are all art related.

Have a look at the retweets, odds are that someone big retweeted you.

People are starved for metroid

this
once someone with many followers finds your shit by chance it's a one-way street to success town
this is exactly why twitter is so important, it's literally free exposition and marketing

what does this pic have to do with agdg?

weird, no-one questioned it when i posted anime

you made me laugh very good user

i follow PixelProspector which is a nice account that retweets others' screenshots. i notice they've posted axleboxdev's stuff too.

Probably the guy with 16k followers

Chickens have more to do with gamedev than nodevs who don't have games.

Because anime is related

Are you new here?

Yes

Then don't use nodev or chicken pics?

>32k followers
>retweeted both of his progress posts
Yeah, the guy hit a jackpot.
All he have to do now is to finish the damn game.

dev api question: if you have a function that returns true if an event happened on this frame and false otherwise you can do something like this

if eventHappened() { do things }

but now say that this event also has more information about it instead of just a boolean, and so lets say that the eventHappened function returns a boolean and then some data structure about the event. you could now do something like

event, event_data = eventHappened();
if event { do things with event_data }

does anyone see any way in which you can keep using only if eventHappened() but then inside the if still have access to the event data returned by eventHappened() but without declaring it as another variable explicitly?

I need game ideas for a web/mobile game. I don't want to deal with too much physics and would be better if it didn't need too much art polish.

Realm of the mad god, except piloting mecha and fighting aliens and space pirates.

Spore first stage

HEY SNEKDEV I FIGURED IT OUT

The direction you should have taken with your game was actually a Faeria style card/board game.

>collect "files"(cards) that have different effects like any card battler
>make "folders"(decks) with synergies and combos and what not, like a card battler
>every turn you get "bytes"(mana) to play your "files" with, which accumulate if you don't use them
>some "files" are scripts (spells) and some are programs (creatures).
>both players are represented by a physical object on the board, which creatures can attack like it were another creature
>the object has a health pool, once the health pool is gone you're dead
>the actual mechanics once creatures are on the board are essentially what you had going (spybots the nightfall incident style), just with more creatures to pick from

>been out of agdg for more than a year
>still haven't finished/released my game

c-can you guess who I am

applies to 99% of this "community"

Nodev frogposter

I have a good excuse not to dev today.
This little shit walks around like a headcrab with his front legs in the air and FUCKING JUMPS AROUND. I think it has decided to make a web and claim my desktop now.

I'll miss you, anons.

Me

Added VR support.

Not sure if I want to keep this a multiplayer fort building game. I originally wanted to copy SourceForts because I loved that mod, but relying on a multiplayer playercounter is pretty awful. I'll never get a userbase unless I spam market or something.

So I'm thinking maybe I'll make it a PVE builder with co-op multiplayer. IE build a fort then zombies / enemies attack or something. I dunno. I'm open to ideas. Or just dropping it.

>being afraid of nonpoisonous spiders
really nigga

This. Just eat it nigga

Both PVP and PVE sound good.
I'd focus a little bit on building and destruction personally, like being able to dig moats would be cool.

That kind of game always pleases let's players anyway

they can still bite you

Spiders are friends. They're chill, and kill all of the gross bugs for you.

>thinks not all (almost) spiders are venomous
>doesn't know the difference between poison and venom

Actually I meant more like genre

Fuck spiders, they're cunts and probably had a bad childhood

t. not a wasp

Best way to catch up on who you can follow is to reference a Recap Monday picture. Usually if a dev has social links it will be there.

mobile video game

When's DD15?

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15

Literally google "agdg demo day 15"

Would this be a bad design principle for a Hearthstone-like?
>As a rule removal can only remove things that cost the same as it or less