/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was provided comfort by an Unkindled
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sx5x-gMNnXY
nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/02/slidell_fire_damages_cafe_luke.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for me

We may never get another game series like Dark Souls. Makes a man crestfallen.

nth for Orbeck

i want to cuddle with this sorcerer

What are you, gay, gay?

*blocks ur path*

What I've learned from DSG:

>run no less than 99 vigor
>math is hard, unironic fashion souls

>Sir, players are playing Dark Souls 1 by panic rolling, shield turtling, button mashing, and chugging estus. It looks silly and is giving our game a bad reputation of being broken. What will we do in the sequels to fix this?

>Tanimura: we will modernize the mechanics and motion capture the animations to add realism and flow, requiring players to think a few seconds ahead before acting. We will make enemies that punish rolling too early or missing an attack. Shields will be heavier and require stamina, few of them blocking 100%, by giving bosses and enemies shield-breaking attacks, this makes shields a tool rather than a crutch and players will be punished for using shields improperly. Additionally, we'll make estus heal slower and give most bosses the ability to heal punish. This will create great immersion because players will have to practice moves, use items, plan ahead and use the resources of the entire game in order to beat bosses, feeling satisfied that they mastered a difficult experience.

>Miyazaki: fuck that bro, that looks dumb and slow, just give the bosses 6 hit combos and make shields useless.They can't panic roll through ALL the attacks, right? Prepare to Die, lol.

>Prepare to Die, lol.

I want to put my scrolls in this sorcerer's hand

I'd rather have dumb dialogue in a well designed game than good dialogue in a style-over-substance clusterfuck.

>In a documentary voice: They did panic roll through all the attacks.

Can someone post the Vilhelm knight of Want thing?

Hans' wonderful dried finger co-op adventures will continue in roughly an hour or two!

Critics have praised it as "The Mario Party of Dark Souls"

We've made it through the entire game, save for the Soul of Cinder, which we will do last, the entirety of Ariandel, and we are just about to make the ascent into the Shared Grave in the Ringed City.

Its been an absolute blast so far, the number of times we've been invaded is in the 30s, and I still havent been killed by an invader yet. cliffs however, are a different story
Youre welcome to join as a phantom or invader! I have Way of Blue on to ensure we get as much action and chaos as possible.

PS4
Ringed City Streets
password, as always, is dsg

ETA 1-2 hours, will post an update when it's time

Thanks user.

Just beat the Pontiff and THAT room, is it better if I head to the dungeon or should I proceed to Anor Londo?

Choose:
>Get shot by a million arrows by vore'd husbando
>Jailers and anticlimax boss

Dungeon. There's good shit down that path and the anor londo fight / boss is quite a bit harder.

Do anor londo, as its a dead-end, and the dungeon (technicially) keeps going on

plus its closer and convienent

>but in the end, you lack the skill
every time

I'm getting mixed messages here

So I haven't played since Painted "We heard you like Ornstein and Smough Fights" World came out. Figured I'd start a fresh file with a friend and co-op through. My question is, is there some new vordt mace meme for invaders? I thought the meme was estoc/straight swords?

We got invaded like 9 times last night and I counted 8 of the 9 invaded in the same leather set you get off the thief merchant with the vordt hammer. All different people too. Was really bizarre. Was wondering if there was some reddit youtuber spreading some low level invasion set or the hammer got buffed?

Does the Dark Souls Connectivity Mod still work/have a use? I'm seeing 10-20 nodes at a time but no signs anywhere.

Anor Londo is the more difficult option, period. However, its also much, much shorter.

I think of it like eating your vegeatables.
Its sucks, but its best just to get it out of the way.

Anor londo is a short disappointing level with a boss you're not supposed to beat until after you finish the dungeon.

Dungeon is a really good/clever level that leads to a short disappointing level with a boss that you can beat any time and lots of good loot.

So I recommend dungeon because there's better loot, less frustrating, and it makes the anor londo level much easier if you do it first.

Frostbite was buffed, a single stunlock can cause frostbite now.

it got frostbite buffs, so a low level character gets frostbit in 2-3 hits
also it's the first boss soul weapon, so attractive for nooblords

Okay, cheers

check and make sure you're node-ed to people in the same zone as you, and use the DSCM-net
when you can't find anyone in your zone, just enable and disable it again so it searches over again

Can someone give me any tips on how to not suck w/ an UGS?
I want to use the LGS w/ my faith build coupled w/ miracles and SSS for invasions. But man, I am just not good with it. I mainly use an UGA so I have a good idea on what I can poise through.

>fight someone using an ultra greatsword
>get hit before the animation of him swinging even starts

I love this game.

I've been playing all the weekend and no problem on my part. Been invaded and summoned. Perhaps just have bad luck or connection problems? Don't give up, skeleton!

>Anor londo is a short disappointing level with a boss you're not supposed to beat until after you finish the dungeon.
>[citation needed]

DSCM works great, but only if people are actually need summoning.

The only bosses that people summon for are O&S, Gargoyles, and sometimes manus (for sif). That's because most people by now are good enough to beat most of the single bosses and aren't needing to go human.

You can increase the number of nodes too, that helps. It also takes a few minutes for your node list to get populated.

I don't really even consider the Profaned Capital it's own level because Irithyll Dungeon doesn't have a boss and the level architecture of Dungeon and Propane capital meld into each other.

>he thinks yhorm is harder than aldrich

Same here. But it's really rewarding when you can catch one of this laggy bastards and make him bit the fuckin' dust and open him a new one with my battle axe.

that's not what I implied at all, try again
where, ANYWHERE, does it imply you're supposed to do the dungeon first?

oh shit did they do any other buffs? Rather i'll go find a patch note somewhere. That makes sense I noticed i was getting frostbit a lot thanks.

Why wouldn't they just use that crutch sword though?

Nice meme fromsoft

If I wanted to make a Pisspants Knight of Want build, what weapon would it use?

>mfw I get tanked as an AF by a party of a host, two whites, and two reds, all working together
>mfw I get 5 steam messages calling me a scrub
>mfw I'm not even sl 90

I know this is not really the place to ask, but i am playing The Surge (having a ton of fun too) and i got 1 question: Where the fuck is that guy's medicine ? I already beat the Firebug boss and didn't find it yet.

A lot of the bigger weapons and the Heavy infusion were buffed. Ultra weapons swing faster. Dex shit was nerfed. Straight swords are still good, but big weapons are at least usable now and not a direct downgrade.

Dark Sword no doubt, even better if you switched to friede's or gael's when you start losing

youtube.com/watch?v=sx5x-gMNnXY

Bleed is ok. A fun novelty at least. 108 bleed on the Carthus Curved Greatsword is pretty neat.

You have to discover the dungeon first before reaching anor londo, the enemies within dungeon and profaned capital are easier than the enemies within anor londo, and yhorm is easier than aldrich. Dungeon also directly continues and finishes siegward's questline whereas anor londo doesn't. If you kill aldrich before yhorm you have the possibility of fucking up siegward's questline too.

>Dex shit was nerfed.

Hardly, dex stuff is still great and Sharp got a buff to scaling up to 80 Dex. I actually like that since Dex builds need to level the most to get the most damage in their damage stat since they don't need anything except Dex, Vigor and Endurance, while STR can do anything between 40-66 and invest points in Vitality depending.

>they wouldn't coop with a faithful dragonsis
But why?

Ds2 fags are this delusional.

>I know this is not really the place to ask
Then why are you asking?

The surge has nothing to do with dark souls. Different company, different franchise.

>he likes panicrollestuschug souls 3

What are the best fire related weapons for pyromancers who only want to invest base stats into said weapon
no onyx blade because dark pyromancy is the nigger version of pyromancy

>Dungeon also directly continues and finishes siegward's questline whereas anor londo doesn't.
yeah, but if you send greirat to irythill and then enter the dungeon with seigward, greirat's quest will end prematurely, plus you have to go towards the pontiff instead of towards the dungeon to meet seigward in the kitchen before he appears in the dungeon, so you're at least expected to kill the pontiff first

I'd personally suggest doing yhorm before aldrich, but I don't think that it's due to any natural/intended order or anything

>well designed game

Dark souls 2 isn't really a well designed game. A lot of the the enemy encounters and level design shows that. It has some thoughts put into the consumeable item placements though.

>Spamlifegems souls 2

People like that should be gunned down in the streets

Demon's Scar but you do need some Dex for it, yet it's a good amount anyway since 17 Dex lets you use almost every infusable weapon you may want as a pyromancer. Gargoyle Flame Spear is also a solid choice even after nerfs, with Witch's Locks being the best option for pyros after that's not just weapons with innate fire damage but shit scaling.

> make shields useless

A lot of enemies get stunned when they attack your shield. They are more useful than in dark souls 2, except when it comes to dark souls 2 enemies using shields because then all rules gets thrown out of the window and they are strong as fuck.

So, some of you may remember me posting something similar to this like a week ago...For those of you who were here I will save you the protracted sob story and keep it to a short tl;dr. if anyone is curious i can provide more details as I sit around fingers crossed.

>kicked out of school
>gf of year cheats and leaves
> house floods with raw sewage, destroying most of my shit
> restaurant I work at burns down (only one of these i can really "prove" tho as proof goes, linking the news story isnt much nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/02/slidell_fire_damages_cafe_luke.html)
> running out of food, net shut off, on neighbors wifi
> finally find new work
>today: considering pawning gaming pc, only thing of value i have, cause idk if i can hold out till 3 days from now when i get my first paycheck
> hungry AF, nothing now but half a bot. of multivitamins and tap water for nourishment

little over a week ago my sunbros here in dsg were awesome enough to order me a couple of pizzas...so Im here to beg again.
I desperately dont want to pawn my pc, but im kina at that point.
Hell, I would even be willing to meet one of you guys in ds3 and trade you whatever you wanted (tho you would have to be patient with the shitty, constantly d/cing wifi im on atm). Got 4 meta lvl characters in various NG+ cycles.

My address is
244 lee street
apt c
slidell, LA

You are assuming a lot of things there.

witch's locks are fun

>toon

I won't tell you to kys, but I will tell you to put your head down in shame.

>toon
Fuck it, I'm just going to come over and put you out of your misery.

I want Midir to cum inside me

Would that be before or after he rapes you?

Why exactly? iv been calling my video game characters "toons" since i was bad into wow back in like 06-09

Okay, Shira.

Man i want some pizza too.

Hook me up sun bros.

That's the problem. "Toon" sounds old, and on top of that it was a stupid term even back in the day. Toons are cartoons, not fucking virtual characters. Call them chars if you really must shorten the word "character".

Holy fuck freeaiming pyromancies is fun, but what should I be using with five pyro slots?
Right now I'm switching between vestiges and great chaos fireball, and then I have black serpent.

I don't know what's worse, being a degenerate or sullying the dragon's legacy by using the power used to destroy them.

> your lingo is out of date, kys
i...
k, watever
Your right, im wrong, i'll never do it again.

to hungry and tired to remotely give a shit beyond being curious why two ppl instantly jumped on me for it.

user, I specifically said I won't tell you to kys.

My suggestion? Go find food. Don't pawn the only joy of your life. Even if you can't buy food, there should be plenty of ways to get some nutrition. Soup kitchens, for example. As a last resort, you can always steal your food. Better to get a small ticket than starve.

>vestiges and great chaos fireball
Both and black flame

I just want to say, even though most of you are autistic sperglords, I like you and this general. Its comfy.

t. a better player than you

Get the old bread behind a sub way or dough nut place

i assumed you guys were playing. it's very dark souls-like, at least i feel like i am playing DS1 for the first time again - at least exploration and level design wise, combat is good too

provide me succ, queer

Didn't think you were such a beta little cuck.

No way i can send a beta cuck a pizza.

Any strong alphas want a pizza?

not at grammar
t. (you)

Why is playing "Fight over the warmth" in 1 vs 1's so fun?

I would be playing if the setting or whatever didn't look so uninteresting. The armor and weapons look so lame in my opinion.

when you realize that there a ton of really friendly, funny people who mostly lurk, ask the occasional question and are the ones who always help out those who ask and that the autistic posters rarely even play the game, its a lot more pleasant.

i have nothing but a great time with /dsg/, not a single bad experience yet

What is the pvp SL meta now? Is 140 a meme or is it real? Have one at 125 and thinking of upping it up, have to many souls to spare.

>t. a better player than you

[Doubt]

dex/int or dex/faith?

You''ll still get plenty of undead matches at 140, but invasions may be somewhat scarce in most parts except maybe pontiff's.
Ultimately the hate against 140 is a meme in itself.

140 is a meme and only really for people who want an edge over 120 players while being matched up against people who go 150 or higher.

>he doesn't realize I'm the most autistic and shit post more than anyone but I'm also the one doing all the co-op and giving away twink items

120 pvp is cancerous
what's a better and lower pvp soul level that isn't deserted?

been looking into that kina shit. only "soup kitchen/pantry" in town requires me to have a physical copy of my social card, which i dont have and cant afford the 45$ it costs to order a new one. Already hit up a local church and got like a half dozen cans of peas and beans. those are gone now. litteraly got back from casing the neighborhood on food like an hour ago, prob guna steal some food from a local place if i cant find anything else by late tonight
i do have a subway kina close to my place, my peek in there tonight to, or b4 they close
k, w/e bru. to tired and to hot w/o ac to give a fuck. looking for someone to fondle your clearly massive balls for you, look elsewhere...

honestly im surprised i dont have more takes on the in game shit for food thing......i know 7-8 months ago before life shat on me i would have gladly paid like 15-20$ for a pizza in exchange for not having to go through another ng cycle or two to get the slabs i want for some weird weapons i want to try.

But i guess its a but, since when trying to post this i got a "warning" for "advertising" so i guess this is a bust.

>not a single bad experience yet
Not been here very long, have you? Bah, no problem. Have a seat and get comfortable. We'll both be Hollow before you know it. Hah hah hah hah…

Because it makes people come forward instead of backpedalling for 5 minutes?
Arena maps should have permanent warmth in the middle by default.

well not even trying it once is a mistake imo, it's on torrents anyway..

60 +6
80 +8/+10

user go to your local unemployment center and file for benefits. If you don't even have the meager resources to do that try and scrounge up some cash by asking around for quick shitty jobs, if you can persevere that you can apply for unemployment and budget your money to get yourself out of this rut. Don't think of what might happen on the way, just do it or else you'll be stuck like this forever.

King of the hill game mode

Why not just go to Reddit and ask on the pizza page like you were told to do last time?

Also for the subway thing you have to wait until pretty late when they throw the trash out.

Me neither. People who want to co-op are in general very friendly. In general most people are here because they love the games, and want to talk with people who have the same interest

I also think it helps a lot of people here are 22 years+

The average was around that anyways.

Just made it to Champion Gundyr. I am not ready for this. Guy moves so fast I couldn't even homeward bone the fuck out. Whoever beats this monster solo needs a fucking medal.

Hand it over, that thing. Your dark soul.