Am I the only one that thinks the foxbody kind of looked like a cheap econobox?

Am I the only one that thinks the foxbody kind of looked like a cheap econobox?
Reminds me more of an old corolla or accord than a muscle car.

Thats because they are cheap econoboxes. Have you ever driven one? Chassis/body is pretty meh-tier construction wise. They just Have a huge aftermarket and dat 5.0l

The late 80s and early 90s had a lot of really generic looking coupes and sedans. You usually either like them or hate them.

That was the point. They were trying to make it an econocar. With a 4 banger, turbo 4 banger as options. It was designed not to gave legendary mustang looks on purpose. Luckily there was not as many cucks back then, so customers still bought the V8 and police started buying V8s as an Interceptor since Camaros were so unreliable. The high sales convinced Ford not to turn it into a FWD shitbox like everyone else did to their good cars.

but people hail it as some beautiful car now. It's got to be the ugliest mustang there is.

>Reminds me more of an old corolla or accord

you say that like its a bad thing

It's literally the defining American 80s coupe.

>"I don't like it, so nobody can."
Taste in car design is subjective, user. You know this.

notchbody best body

It's an original design. Unlike it's successors which now only cater to boomers.

user, the mustang has always been a coupe in the style of ford' s design language at the time. The boomers have brainwashed you into thinking a car's styling can't evolve with time.

commit suicide

Nice response.

I drive a modified 35 year old foxbody isn't that close enough?

Had an 86. I love the 4 eyes mainly but beautiful isn't really a word associated with foxbodies. They're desirable because they used to be cheap, rwd and v8. As well as both the chassis and the engine have tons of aftermarket support.

Ford was in the shitter and this car saved it. It was built off of a cheap econobox platform. Its honestly more mustang than any other mustang made and of course the best looking.

Why do American cars from the 80s look so particularly dated? Did they seriously run cars from the fucking 70s still? Was this when domestic automakers were thoroughly convinced they were on their way out, so they had to cut corners everywhere?

Blame emission regulations and unions.

You spent more money on the car than your house, so no

I got that car for $1500

>Am I the only one

nope

its an ugly ass car worst Mustang

I don't see how emissions played a role to make a car from the 70s last until the mid 90s virtually unchaged. In fact the 90s ones are even worse with their 90's shitbox headlights mounted on a square body with plastic "vents". All the foxbody needed was woodgrain and it really would've looked dated.

And the single wide?

Cars began getting smaller and rounder in the late 80s. Change with large companies is almost always gradual. The oil crisis of the 70s and early 80s helped create a lot of gutless shit-barges. Unions lost corporations huge profits, thus leading them to cut many corners during the malaise era.

all hail the GM B-Body

>Production 1926–1996

unchanged from 1977 to 1991

American car companies were complete shit in the 70s and cut corners wherever they could on top of the cheaply built platforms from the past

only as recently as the 2010s has America made decent cars

Panther platform was more resilient than the B-body was.

B-body kicked the Panthers ass at everything tho

>camaro with 350 chevy
>unreliable
fucking kill yourself the turd gen was unimaginably superior to the foxbody in every way

I hope you know more about cars than you do about houses. I live in a 100 year old American Gothic style house I inherited from my grandmother and I certainly hope my Capri never needs the $10,000 worth of work it took to put in sister walls to correct the crumbling cinder block foundation the house had.

also you don't look like a cop

capri looks best imo

capri looks far better than the mustang did

looks like a Mustang thats been punched in the nose aka even worse

it's better than the fox but it still gets raped by the f-body, lol the only time the shitstang can win is when the camaro is out of production

Dont kid yourself friendo. Im not a fan of either, but they get called turd-gen for a reason

I always thought they looked like a pissed off civic.

Literally the only mustang i want

still leagues better than the Fox

I dont think you realize how awful they are

By now they're both trashed inside and out, but at least turd gens still look good

>implying they weren't give a bad name by mustang cucks to hide how badly they were btfo
answer me why I always see foxbodies as a garage only car but regularly see supposed turd gens with v8s being used as dailys

it's really hard for a turd gen to look bad imo but mustangs from 73-1997 look like shit with a few exceptions

>ugliest design
>foxbody

Jesus christ user, I knew you had shit taste, but have you even considered the look of mustangs after the foxbody?

>but at least turd gens still look good

ye boy

>mustangs after foxbody
>become more sporty again
>eventually start the muscle car throwback looks
tho I'm not a huge fan of the current generation, i'll take if over the foxbody and prefacelift sn95

SN95s are such pleb filters

bait

it's not bait if it's true, looks like you ford fags got comfortable on this board

dubs confirm

why does this generation get triggered so easily

Foxbodies are ugly as hell only other Mustang that comes close in ugliness is the 71-73

I always figured that was the reason they were so popular. In part because it's an extremely affordable Mustang (affordable because people who can actually afford what they want won't buy a Foxbody) but also because it could be made fast for cheap and still look sleeper-ish (I mean, let's face it, this car in black or white with a legal exhaust system will NOT attract any attention from the cops)

Either that or it's just a bunch of delusional Ford fanboys who convinced themselves it actually looks good

The Caprice was a B-body though.

It is totes uggo

No one really thinks they're beautiful, They're useful and cheap to run... they're beautiful in that since.

You'd be surprised, user.

ugliest mustang coming through
fox body stangs can look nice, better than many SN95s

I feel like this is very close to looking decent but something is off. Is it the roof line? Can't quite put my finger on it

literally never seen a nice looking foxbody

Mustang II has some funky proportions but its overall kinda nice

at least it saved the Mustang and prevented it from being a pigfat monstrosity like it was turning into

I like the way they look. 4th gen is worst looking imo.

Look it up. Chevy made interceptor Camaros but then police started buying mustangs instead.

Monroe Handler is some based af 70s style too

> Ford not to turn it into a FWD shitbox like everyone else did to their good cars.

its funny because the Probe kicked the Mustangs ass around tracks and was a much better car

America is just MUH V8 and dont care about how good a car is

That's exactly how I have always felt about that Mustang II design.
Stylistically it's nice, but maybe the proportions are off. Close to being cool, yet doesn't quite make it, which leaves it... uncool.
Looks like the couple is giggling!

and Camaros were better in pretty much every generation

the Mustang just had better marketing recognition and was cheaper

thats the 2nd gen Camaro that had problems at speeds

the later B4C Camaros BTFO the foxbody with ease

the foxbody was really good at going fast in a straight line and was really fuggin cheap thats why it btfo everything else in sales

no one denies theyre better stock for stock but the cheaper aftermarket takes over quite fast

>speed holes
i never really noticed them on the turd gens

pretty much

curious to see how many sells were actually lower trim models and not performance oriented ones tho

I never noticed them at all until that pic

guess CHP were the only ones to do it?

Because rwd V8 is more reliable and has more potential for performance in the long run.

Iv'e probably argued fox vs turd gen a fucking hundred times with you. The just of it is that they're basically equal once you get into aftermarket but the fox aftermarket is larger and cheaper.

>lower trim models and not performance oriented ones tho

alot and not alot my grandmother had a 83 GT way back when. she said it was uncommon to see a mustang without a v8 because the option was so damn cheap

>taste is subjective
Not on this website.

God, i just looked at your pic. It looks like not nearly many as many people saved camaros

maybe
it does get pretty warm out here so maybe they added an oil/trans cooler there and made the holes for air flow

the only real problem I have with the Fox is how ugly it is

its the one thing you cant fix and for that I will always prefer the turdgen

but hey 1982s come the closest to one I like along with those McLaren and Saleen ones of similar vintage

i like the turd gen i really really do its right up there with the fox but the fox just makes my funny bits tickle i prefer the thunderbirds and cougars though :/

looks like a frikin skoda

I thought your post was good user, sorry people ignored you and not the tripfag.

da fuck this is like if a town car and a fox body mustang had a lovechild

Wheel/tire combo is too small. Just changing that makes a world of difference. Stance is usually wrong. They look like they're dragging ass everywhere and that always looks old and busted. And finally the front axle to cowl distance is too short. One guy stretched one a bit there and it transformed the car.

but a v8 mustang is one of the cheapest to get in the lsd, rwd, manual meme

I wanna say it's the front end. It can't seem to decide if it wants to be a boxy muscle, or a curvy town front end, so it ends up looking off.

Mercury Capri. Different front and rear fascia, different fenders, available with bubbleback rear glass. Don't respond to prezo' s posts though, he is one of the biggest shitters on this board.

Different hood and sail panels too. Pretty much only the doors (and hatches pre-83) swap.The rear suspension also came with super secret axle dampers that mustangs don't have and significantly reduce "hop" at launch giving capris a big advantage factory vs factory but don't tell anybody.

Lincoln Mark VII LSC is the sexiest fox. If you don't agree, well, frankly, you're wrong.

Ah, I see your a man of good taste as well

i bet if you put toyota badges on it most people would just assume it's a toyota

>wow is that a v8 swapped supra?!

>not a Mercury Zephyr wagon
LSC is cool though

>being this retarded

The foxbody literally looks like a stereotypical Ford of its era.

You mean the quad shock setup?

Fox mustangs sexier cousin

Hnnnng. All the pros of a foxbody, just slightly less of a shitbox

>only as recently as the 2010s has America made decent cars
if decent cars means soap bar styling and mile high beltlines, I'd gladly take shitty pre current cars. the 90's taurus was a bug eyed abomination, but at least you could see out of it.

Nope I'm talking about that horizontally mounted kicker shock right there. Top secret 1979 technology do not distribute.

foxbody best body

dumpin pics

Well it's pretty much the most hated generation of Mustang, next to the 1990s Mustangs.

Emissions regulations really gutted them, even with a 5.0L V8 they were a disappointing shit-heap.

Only white trash faggots like these cars. Don't even try to prove me wrong.

lol that fucking cholo wigger with the blowback hair

typical shitstang owner