So did Vikings discover America first ?

So did Vikings discover America first ?
Post Pre-Colombus theories.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson
express.co.uk/news/history/628827/ANCIENT-ROMANS-America-eerie-discovery-change-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They sailed there and were met with locals. It's doubtful they ever sailed back from there.

I don't have the photos but there were legends of a sky tribe made of large great warriors with blonde hair and blue eyes. I think they were in the Andes too which makes sense seeing where they came from.

I'm pretty sure the Native Americans discovered it first.

>So did Vikings discover America first ?
Yes but they got rekt by Indians

>Post Pre-Colombus theories.
I think it's likely that Polynesians made it to South America

They left after being disgusted with american tipping culture

>Yes but they were a colony who's benefit was less than the expenditure to keep it running
FTFY
Without more colonists coming from the Norse lands the locals would begin to assimilate into the local population, just as did Roanoke.
It was used as lumber to supply another failing overseas Norse colony, Greenland, so it never had investment in Vinland anyway.

Ah touche.

>I think it's likely that Polynesians made it to South America

Considering that they made it all over the pacific ocean to just a few dozen miles away from the South American continent. I too think it's highly possible they made it.

yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson

Interestingly, it was his father, Erik the Red, who discovered Greenland

From Madagascar, to New Zealand, to Taiwan, to Easter Island.

Austronesians are crazy man.

>Austronesians are crazy man.

Or plain stupid.

The Irish and Welsh discovered it before Columbus and the Irish before the vikings

yes
>Show up
>Try to raid for gold
>No gold
>Natives keep harassing
>Fuck this lets go home

That was about it.

America was discovered by Asiatic migrants passing hrough the Bering landmass.

It takes very skilled navigation to find some of those tiny islands in the middle of a vast pacific.On the thread topic, there's a legend that refers to an Inca ruler going to Easter Island if I'm not mistaken.

Polynesians discovered America first. And migrated from South America to the United States. Not to be racist, but Polynesians look the same as native Americans and have similar cultures. Meanwhile the Inuit crossed the land bridge from Asia. Pic related is 100% Asian Inuit qt.

But that wouldn't make them native Americans, no?

If you're going there, the only native humans are Ethiopians, who after thousands of years of steamy interracial sex, are not the same people anymore.

express.co.uk/news/history/628827/ANCIENT-ROMANS-America-eerie-discovery-change-history

There are studies that natives in South America, in particular the Amazon carry Australian genes in them, though not all of them do. There's likely been multiple migrations from the bering straight, and across the pacific ocean by island hopping the kelp infested ancient oceans. There were also migrations within the Americas going north to south and south to north.

I know a lot about this subject, gonna lay out everything humanity knows.

polynesians splashed some genetic material into central/south america sometime between 1300 and 1500 AD. not a lot of it, but yeah they showed up.

there is nothing to suggest that austroloids traveled to the americas over seas, and everything to suggest they did it by foot around the same time australoids began inhabiting australia and PNG, given their genetic distribution. Think what happened with the neanderthals, they were there way before the main native american wave in small numbers and were absorbed/out-competed. this is super fucking cool, america has probably been inhabited for at least 50k years.

a tribe around the great lakes has european genetic material from around a thousand years ago. nothing else is known, but it's easy to guess that it was probably a group of brave/lost northern europeans.

there is chinese pig iron distributed among PNW native american artifacts. this is imo the most interesting information on this subject. there is no chinese genetic material known in any natives, though, which is part of why it's cool. I like to imagine a ghost ship washed ashore, but it's also possible it was a brief stop by some brave/lost chinese navigators with some trade or fights or something.

that's just about it.

But that's wrong

America is CHINESE!

nice, did you just heavily research it yourself or is it part of uni?