1994 Honda Del Sol

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the Del Sol?

Usually riced,beat to shit, and taxed hard, just get an mr2 instead

Del slo

Kinda like a retarded Civic. Just get a Civic instead, or a CR-X

great car to convert ot MR.
Often makes a pretty good ff racecar

I was just thinking of daily driving it

so ur tellin me im not gonna be outrunning any police in this thing

Owned 2 Del Sols, fantastic cars. Yea they're heavy, but daily driving it's a solid car. Plus it's a civic so you mod the crap outta it. As the other user said they're usually riced to shit, so if you can find a clean one, go for it.

Expect to find many S and Si's, you're not gonna find a clean VTEC with a B16 for cheap.

for sure, the one im lookin at has a D16 in it rn

Lee hates DelSols, so I do too.

Not bad but parts a getting harder to find. B16 parts are easy to find and not bad power or just swap to a gsr.
Dc5 is also good.

they're all right.

basically a 90s civic (with the durability) but with a bit of flash of style in exchange for extra seats and cargo space.

Should have been RR.

they're super fun and the targa top is awesome
slow as fuck but I loved mine

Ugly slow and wrong wheel drive

>dude just re-engineer the entire chassis lmao

They are a eg civic that's heavier for looks but still good.

Since we're talking Del Sols, I know a guy that bought one new in 93 Del Sol SI thinking it would be collectible. It has been sitting since new, it has only 7 miles on it.
Do you think it went up in Value?

not a chance, sitting for 24 years, not run regularly to make sure the fluids are all good, that thing could easily be hooped

isn't it crazy that the Honda Del Sol was the competitor to the NA miata when they both came out.

He's an aircraft mechanic, and it's been sitting in a hangar, but I'm not sure what he's done to keep it right.

Try another ten years but still will be worth less than what he paid for it.

doubt it, the car is nice but its not special enough in anything to become an icon/meme

A worse Miata: the shitbox