His vehicle doesn't use 5w30

>his vehicle doesn't use 5w30

fucking kill yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1b6ko1I00A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LOL mine does OP, guess we are best buds now eh? What's your phone # so we can netflix and chill and make shitty threads :thinking:

My dicks bigger than yours

>wow my specific oil has a slightly lower viscosity at 100f compared to another oil

Don't you feel special?

>2017
>still driving a car that needs oil

God, i fucking hate you electric fags so fucking much

I run 5w30 in my diff.

>He doesn't need to run 10W60

Fucking kek i can only imagine the type of shitbox you drive.

10w30

>Not running 20w50
Take your water tier oil and go.

A thread died for this.

Wow your oil will deteriorate quicker than mine due to the larger oil weight range. Nice user!

/thread

>his vehicle doesn't use 20w50
The fuck are you driving, jap crap?

ZZZZZZAP!
youtube.com/watch?v=T1b6ko1I00A

I work at an Exxon Mobile distributor and we just got in Toyota 0w16 for the new 2017 camry.
We poured a little out and it literally runs like straight water.

Oil wat

>oil filter
>2 years.

Beat me to it. Image was obviously created by some millennial trash with no car knowledge

Porsche recommends you change your oil filter every other oil change or 30k miles

>his vehicle doesn't use 5w30
My car uses 5w40 since I drive mainly long distances on the Autobahn.
I could go thinner, but why stress the engine more?

>using retardedly thin oil in your performance vehicle

>tfw 5w20

>mfw car can use 0w20
>use 5w40 anyway

That depends heavyly on the engine, a new engine with verry low lash in the bearings has no problem using thin oil.
It actualy needs to do so, since it woul loose power and efficiency with thicker oil.

Veeky Forumss 90s shitbox with 200.000 km needs thicker oil since bearings where desinged for thicker oil and have much more bearing lash due to wear.

I run 10 40 in everything I own.

I don't really, I run whatever I can get my hands on.

But mainly I run ten forty in everything I own

Subaru recommends 0w20 on the NA FB series engines, and 5w30 in the turbo FBs. Nothing else changes except one has a turbo and is definitely going to be driven harder.

Horse shit.

>Nothing else changes
The forces on the bearings are much higher on the turbo version, wich means you need a thicker oil to keep the oilfilm in the bearing.
That is also the reason why tuned engines tend to run thick oil...

>5w-30
>not based 10w-30
>living in a frozen shithole
Enjoy your rust

Cool. Why is the second rating specificly 16 though?

Random question: Does the viscosity of the oil really matter just as long if you stick with the type you're suppose to use; I drive an A4 and I'm supposed to use 5W-40 synthetic, but could I use any synthetic oil?

Your gear reduction gearboxes still need it.

Not him, but some EVs have direct drives without the need for any gearboxes.
They tend to have insane torque to do so.
My tuned scooter with hub motor for example has up to 400 Nm on maximum setting.

>implying I don't burn my oil

The viscosity is of utmost importance. Brand, so long as it meets API ratings, not so much. If your car calls for 5W-40 SN synthetic, then use 5W-40 SN synthetic. Whether you choose Valvoline, Pennzoil, or Mobil 1, is up to you.

Use the oil reccomended by the manufacturer. Maybe when your car is old, like 20+ years you might want to consider using slightly thicker oil but that's about it

>too thin oil
Enjoy your valve chatter
>too thick oil
Enjoy your slightly worse mileage

>5w40
>I could go thinner
You're already going thinner. 5w40 is a meme oil. The shit's too good to be true. After some use the oil becomes more like 5w30 oil, because it isn't as stable as oil with a smaller viscosity range. It needs more dopes to achieve that higher range. I suggest you use good old 10w40 unless you live in fucking Siberia. With 5w40 you're essentially paying more for oil that's less reliable.

My car needs 3,1 L of oil, I run this stuff in a temperature range from -15 to +40 °C.
I don´t care if it costs a bit more per liter, as long as my engine is lubricated properly at all temperatures.
It has to be thin enough for cold starts at -15°C and thick enough for 1 hour top speed at 40°C without a dedicated oil cooler.

I use this stuff, £20 for 5L from TPS/Ebay/Amazon.

Literally no EV's use hub motors. They almost all use a gear reduction gearset which pretty much always needs oil. No your scooter isn't putting out that much torque, Especially not with a hub motor.

>No your scooter isn't putting out that much torque
Originaly it was way less indeed, but it does now since I increased the amps to 240 A and up to 84V, coming from only 50 A at 48 V.

Problem is, that I can´t run it at that torque for long since I have a verry small battery and too thin cables.
0-100 km/h is under 5 seconds
topspeed is 110 km/ due to rpm limit.

5/20 masterrace reporting in

Am I good if I use 10W-40 synthetic instead? My car has over 125K on the clock and I heard that is better for higher mileage.

>10W40 instead of 5W40
The first number is for cold temperature, the second for operating temperature.
I would recomend a 5W50 if you live in a cold area or 10W50 if you live in a warmer area.

I live in Southern California so the temperature ranges from hot to mild depending on the time of year.

Then 10W50 or even 10W60 would be the way to go.

>his electric scooter is faster than a Dacia Sandero

use the fucking oil your manufacturer recommends

My car calls for either 10w40 or 5w30 and I used 10w40 again. A car with over 200k miles shouldn't give a flying fuck about slight difference in viscosity.

My manufacturer recommends different oil weights based on temperature, 10w30 and 10w40 being above 0° F and 5w30 for below that. Severe service they even recommend 20w50, 20w60, and straight 30.

>live in phoenix AZ
>car takes 5w30
>still in 100°+ temps
What do

10w30 or 10w40

Awesome. Will a thicker (conventional) oil slow minor leaks?

Toyota engineers demand a 16w oil at operating temperature.

It could help. I'd also use a high mileage oil if you're worried about that, they have additives in it that swell the old seals try to help them seal a little better.

>10W30
That doesn´t change anything for him.
>10W40
That is the correct choice for a high mileage engine and high temperatures.

It's still 100+ out when the engine will be cold, using its 5 or 10 weight of the oil.

If my car runs hot will a thicker oil help to keep it cool?

>car requires 5W-30
>i put 10W-40

D E V I L I S H

The first number is the viscosity rating for sub 0 temperatures.
That rating doesn´t matter when it is hot all the time.
What matters is how thin it gets when it is verry hot, wich is described in the second number.
No, but it will provide lubrication at higher temperatures.

Fuck you ugly.

I use 0W-30

This

>live in beautiful sunny socal
>run 10w30 all year cuz I can
>no rust

life is fucking awesome, except for the uninsured wetbacks.

You live in one of the most car cucked states in the country. Enjoy not driving black cars you fucking leeches.

Because I like my oil to be fluid on startup from October to May

>not running straight 30w

30W straight HD diesel oil here

>in my honda

... is this a really convincing photoshop or did he actually point a loaded gun at a fucking cameraman

>tfw running 15w40 because oil leak means i never have to do an oil change and it's summer

>tfw you use SAE 30

>synthetic
Please, my car is paleo only.

I'd be down for some Netflix, and especially some chilling

>SAE 30

FUCK YEAH, BOY!

Also, no carbs

>not using silicon grease.
Do you faggots hate your cars or something?

huh? California is the center of car culture. Smog rules are only for cars '75 and newer. Anything classic is good to go with whatever mods you want. We don't have vehicle inspections or anything like that.

5w20 on cap but shit burns 5w30 doesn't burn a drop so 5w20

Mfw i had to spend 35$ a jug on fully synthetic 0W40 because thats all my car will take

>75

Here its 95

>Why is the second rating specificly 16 though?
Thinner oil gives more MPG. Using thinner oil is one of the ways to legally game the system and get more MPG. Another is to stop the engine whenever the car is stopped at a stop sign or traffic light and automatically re-start the engine when the driver lets off on the brake pedal. That puts more wear on the battery of course, the starter, and the engine.

>Not putting Shell Rotella diesel oil in your petrol engine

Shell Rotella T6 5W40 in an S52 is GOAT

So, the more severe the service, the thicker the oil the manufacturer recommends for your car? I wonder if that recommendation extrapolates onto other cars as well. The mainstream cars have thin oils recommended by the manufacturers as one way to meet MPG targets at the expense of engine longevity.

TELL ME ABOUT BANE. WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

>if I took that oil filter off, would you die?

It would be extremely drip-ful

Yes it does

It isn't even a good car

15 was too low, 17 was too high

You're a big oil change interval

>He uses a semi-synthetic oil
>Confirmed shitbox driver