Let's talk about racism/bigotry

Namely the political uses of bigotry to advance reactionary ends. I make a
sharp distinction between racism and bigotry. Bigotry is an emotional
state, a view of the world, and a personal reaction against others.
Bigotry is immoral. Racism is the use of bigotry in a political
agenda. Racism is unethical. One can be a bigot, or have reactions
that one recognizes as bigotted, without being a racist. Indeed many
people who have fought racism have done so because of their own
personal struggles with dealing with people who they see as different
from themselves.

Governments are often racist, even though the people who run them
have no problems with individuals that the society identifies as
being of a different race - I'm being exact here because the term
"race" obsolescent in a biological context, replaced by terms such as
population and lineage which are both less socially divisive, and
which are more accurate of our understanding of evolution and
biology. We identify people as belonging to a "race" even though
there is not a strong connection between what people identify, and
the actual population the person belongs to.

Racism was, and is, a component of the American polity, because there
is a utility in keeping people far below the level of affluence. Any
meritocratic system is going to have inequalities - but racism is
used to perpetuate, advance and justify, inequities. In the New Deal
period, many of the hard issues of bigotry in the public, and racism
in the economic system were left undealt with, only to come to the
fore when the very system it created forced those issues later,
particularly beginning in the 1950's and 1960's. While I am an
unabashed admirer of the New Deal, it is very important to see how
racism was incorporated into its political coalition, and into the
implementation of many of its programs - aside from the more overt
outbreaks of racism.

>Bigotry is immoral.
>Racism is unethical.
Says who? Some heeb or nigger lover?

>Racism is unethical
that's just your opinion

There is literally nothing wrong with racism.

It is what helped ancient civilizations to advance so they could compete against the "foreign barbarians".
The only ones who hate it are those whom never accomplished anything, like sub-saharan africans or slavs.

However, anti-semitism is immoral and a heinous crime created out of jealousy for the chosen race of Avraham Avinu by christcucks and filthy white people.

I'm sure you'd like to be denied rights because of your race, since you think there's nothing wrong with racism. Genius, dude.

?

We were the ones denying filthy balkies rights for centuries while doing the same to k*rds today, just like our greatest ally Israel are shitting on those filthy palestinians.

The only ones that actually care about racism seem to be white people while everyon else is okay with it.
Why are you people so afraid to even feel a slight bit of national pride?

And? Would you be okay with being denied rights because of your race?

>Why are you people so afraid to even feel a slight bit of national pride?
Pride involves not acting like a fucking roach all of the time.

morality is not doing evil into those you know or are close to you: ethics is doing evil into those you do not know.

America is and was unethical but moral: those at the top (elites) were never punished, while those at the bottom were punished and stiffed.

The Soviet Union was ethical but immoral: those who Stalin knew personally were punished, while those he didn't know were punished less.

The ideal country should be ethical and moral.
It is in the definition.
>There is literally nothing wrong with racism.

It is what helped ancient civilizations to advance so they could compete against the "foreign barbarians"

No, racism as a view was invented in the 14th century by Portuguese explorers, it's very recent.
You also aren't a Turk

Sure, if I ever left my glorious nation that succeeded the Roman empire.

No you wouldn't.

He isn't a turk, he's a polack pretending to be Turkish.

>And? Would you be okay with being denied rights because of your race?

the fact that I wouldn't like it doesn't make it unethical mang

Holy fucking shit learn to write you fucking retard.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Sure but if you think there's nothing wrong with it, then that means you'd like it.

I wouldn't mind having less rights abroad if it meant foreigners had less right in my country.

No you wouldn't. Talk is cheap. Try it and you'll eat your words.

>racism as a view was invented in the 14th century by Portuguese explorers
Bullshit, unless you're using racism to strictly mean discrimination based on white/black binomy as opposed to discrimination based on race.

die liberal you give a bad name to the left.

>We were the ones denying filthy Balkans rights for centuries

Is that why they've became your most elite soldiers effective administrators, officers and admirals?

It's pretty easy to try honestly.

Yes I would.
>he's a polack
kaк этo?

Why would I care about not having rights somewhere I'll never go? It's literally a no downsides scenario for most people.

Are you retarded? The world is already like this. Citizens have much more rights than non citizens in every country.

After they converted to islam and gave up their cultural heirtage while killing their own sibling in the name of the glorious Ottoman empire, sure.

We Turks were humble that way :^)

As a former /pol/tard I have come to realize how stupid racism is. Yes there are more troublesome races and the problems they cause should be dealt with but being angry is such a huge waste of time. Go to /pol/ right now and tell me how many of those angry racist post you think are made by people who are genuinely happy, or in the very least not depressed and self hating

But racism is literally just discriminating on the basis of race. Nowhere in the definition it says you have to be as retarded and angry as a /pol/ack to practice it, you falseflagging moron.

exactly. You don't have to live there so
you don't care. If you had to you would.
No, you are.

>If you had to you would.
Why would I have to care about people who for whatever reason need to move to another country if I don't need to? Do you honestly expect other people to never act in their own interest if it goes against someone else's?

Because it's a thought experiment. Your concerns are neither here nor there.

But racism is just groups of people being different much the same way as individuals are different. Societies all over the world can live just fine with the fact that individuals are and never will be all the same shit, they're different. It's not fucking hard step to accept group differences if you can do so for individuals.

But noooooo, we must keep on denying group differences because that's absolutely haram.

>it's a thought experiment
>but your thoughts don't matter, only mine
Why did you bother opening a thread? Just post an article on a blog.

You can't define moral properties into existence, bud. Error theory reigns supreme.

Those specific concerns didn't matter due to it being a thought experiment. The only people who don't think injustice is a problem is those who don't have to worry about it.

>injustice
I'm not seeing anything unjust in two different individuals being treated in different ways. Is it unjust when a girl falls in love with one guy rather than another? Is it unjust when a smart guy has more success than a dumb guy? Justice is a subjective and nebulous concept.
You're just trying to force your own morals onto other people here, and refusing to hear out people who think differently. Again, go write a blogpost instead of opening a thread.