Inflation is a meme

Inflation is a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d8-4iDS_2RQ
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/EXCSRESNS
federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/reqresbalances.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw she will never be your teen love

Yup. Pretty much since '85 in the US, we've not really had much.

who is this cutie and what does her penis taste like

youtu.be/d8-4iDS_2RQ

>Inflation is a meme

You kids have no idea what's coming.

My fetish is not a 'meme'.

Tell me nightmares before bed papa.

it might be a meme, but it's not a lie

Why has the us experienced barely any inflation with all this quantitative easing? Are institutions just pumping stocks without using that money in the economy?

i lived almost all my life in hyperinflation or closed to it. it's really fucking weird now that we have no official inflation but stuff still gets more expensive every ear.

life is a meme.

Bitches don't know about my Treasury Inflation Protected Securities
>LITERAL TIPS

Which is based on the cpi which is manipulated by offshoring and tax structures

In general because the U.S. has insane leverage on the international economy at least for now.

There is pretty good evidence to show that we are experiencing stagflation in the US. The inflation rate stat is pure sophistry.

The fed more or less pays banks 25 basis points on anything held in excess reserves. So we have a couple trillion sitting in the banks, not doing anything, which isn't normal behavior. After all, a bank typically makes a lot of money by lending, and lends every dime they legally can, until the Fed started paying banks to hold excess reserves. It's the reason why we haven't had inflation yet from QE, and it fucking scares me. Oh well, my home loan rate is fixed. :^)

TL;DR if the fed prints a bunch of money, and no one uses it, it doesn't cause inflation. It's only when these new funds start flowing that real ride begins.

And you don't get to get off Janet Yellen's Wild Ride.

For more updated numbers:

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/EXCSRESNS

Note the graph doesn't start at 2008, it starts at 1984. It has gone down in the last three years, but I believe that's because the general public isn't pumping money into depository institutions, but rather investment focused institutions and increased consumption.

It's setup so it goes into assets rather than pushing up everyday costs of essentials etc. This is the main reason why house prices are 4 times what they should be in some areas. That's huge inflation, but contained.

how does the fed pay them?

*how much

I was going to reply with 25 basis points (0.25%), but according to a link below it's been jacked up to 75 (0.75%) from the last time I looked into the issue. Essentially, the fed pays the banks .75% on both required reserves AND excess reserves.

This gives the bank two options:
A. Invest it (Lending, investments, etc) working with goods with already artificially high, which is incredibly risky.

or

B. Sit on it, and earn YellenBucks.

I honestly forgot about the issue because I thought it was a bubble indicator as an undergrad, and the bubble never came. I have a renewed interest in the last 15 minutes now, though.

federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/reqresbalances.htm

Even at 2 or 3 percent, coupled with the fees that most normies pay on their mutual funds, it pretty much devours any gains

Buying a cabbage?