Hey /O...

Hey /O, is there really that much noticeable cornering/handling difference between >picrelated and any other average sedan?

Yes, weight matters

an average sedan that's longer, softer, taller, heavier, weaker, automatic and fwd?

can simple suspension modifications take this cars cornering ability to a god tier?

no even a minivan can corner better than that thing

It's true, a Sienna AWD beats it around Nurburgring.

Yes

This and add new tires and a turbo kit and you got an unbeatable mountain destroyer.

Veeky Forums hates it for its shit stock, but modding it with just 2 simple things (and one not so simple), this thing really comes alive.

is BRZ nurburgring lap time a respectable lap time??

turbo kit = non simple? how about supercharger?

stfu

this car was designed for city/suburb driving

Only automatic one, yes

yes

wtf are you even talking about. stop posting at the bus stop and get your license already faggot

I dunno about installation but you're definitely less likely to encounter catastrophic problems with a supercharger both on the road and in the garage. More power in lower rev ranges would also far better suit a daily driver and public roads if that's what you're after. I'd imagine you should only turbo a track 86, and there are better track cars out there for cheaper anyway.

Automatic 86's are non enthusiast cars, sperg less please

nobody is even talking about automatics you retard.

are you talking about miata?

I am, you mentioned that they're intended for city/suburb driving. I agreed saying the automatic ones are, can you even read?

do you even live in a city? i have NEVER seen an automatic brz/frs/86 and i lice downtown where they are everywhere.

stop trying to change the subject and argue semantics its fucking boring as shit go play forza

To be honest I'd go with one of the new flappy paddle auto 86/BRZs. Sequential isn't a load of fun but it's beater than beating a clutch and stick in rush hour.

*live

>I have NEVER seen am automatic brz/frs/86
Oh I disagree my guy, I'm having a laugh seeing how triggered you are over a dumb statement. What's to day they don't take their cars to tracks or backroads over the weekends?
The automatics are just shit in general, the clutch is forgiving in heavy traffic. Don't know why people would ruin whole experience buying an auto 86 instead of getting a shitbox to commute and manual for weekends

The car is hurt benchracing wise by a lot of factors, but two big ones are stock tires and alignment. If you're willing to sacrifice tire life, a good wheel/tire combo will help you a lot in corners, and playing with the alignment will as well. They actually have positive camber in the front stock to create a safety net of understeer. Ask people who know what they're doing about their suspension setup and start from there. Stock, it's going to be nimbler than a fwd econobox for sure, but nowhere near its full potential.

because automatic trans isnt even a part of the equation until you arbitrarily bring it up for no fucking reason other than to be an annoying troll.

i actually daily an frs in an urban environment. the car is absolutely designed for low end FUN. it wont beat anything in a 0-60 but simply driving it around in 2nd and 3rd you can whip it around town to your hearts content without having to cradle it in the slightest.

and yeah of course people take them out on weekend joyrides to the track or backroads but the car is first and foremost designed to be a solid conservative daily that looks good for its price. toyota nailed the head on making a spiritual successor to the ae86 at a price anyone that has a fulltime job can afford.

it will absolutely clown any FWD sedans op is asking about and my original statement was a direct response to the german track times comment

What's it like still being in high school,kid?

it's just a poor man's 323ci/325ci

>the car is first and foremost designed to be a solid conservative daily that looks good for its price
No, that's a civic SI. The 86 is a step above sporty econoboxes

fuck off bench racer, get a job so you can get some real driving experience instead of parroting shit you see on the internet

>car is first and foremost designed to be a solid conservative daily that looks good for its price
It's designed to deliver performance class weight distribution and center of gravity and rear wheel drive at a low price point. The entire mission statement is world class handling at a speed and price that won't make the average driver suicidal.

yes and they deliver on that for sure. if you've actually owned a toyota/subaru vs something like a german car you'll understand what i was trying to say. the 86 is a fucking entry level sports car and realistically if you're that serious about performance you should just buy a miata. the only reason i went frs instead was because i like the body aesthetics better.

they aren't for city driving at all, they're for twisty B roads

enjoy renting one someday

Dude the difference between a rwd light manual car and a fwd econobox is fucking drastic. Even for daily driving, making turns feels so good and balanced, it really makes any trip a treat

>lightweight RWD coupe is not intended for twisties
either you're a citycuck who has to drive for an hour to get to decent roads or urine idiot

>completely inventing something to bark back at a blatant troll

lol cucked

Yes, big difference. Not necessarily in actual speed, but definitely in feel - the 86 (and Miata) are a lot of fun at normal speeds. If you aren't competing, they're great choices.

Don't bother with forced induction. Even supercharging gets complicated (mostly the ECU tuning) and it's so much money that you might as well have bought something else to begin with. And again, the point of these cars is to get lots of feel and feedback at nearly-legal speeds.