QTDDTOTT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread.

Who the fuck puts a parkbrake there? That's where the clutch is supposed to go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8-AShpNmsk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A lot of manual trucks have the parking brake in the same place

I pulled up and went to put the clutch in while still rolling, locked up.
Maybe I'm just retarded though.

You would have to be retarded to mistake that for the clutch.

I only ever drive manual though, then jump in this thing. Habit I guess

Hehe idiot

Fugg you

Like I said many manual trucks have the parking brake in the same spot. What manuals are you regularly driving where the clutch is above the footrest?

They're not obviously, just happened to do it because it was there and was asking to be pushed.

Youre mistake then, and one I've probably made before. Don't hate the vehicle for it.

Anyone got any good resources on tuning ignition timing?

I still think it's a stupid place to put it.

rocker panel rust repair - cut and weld as needed or replace whole rocker? what would the cheaper option be?

Scrap dealer mate

not viable, need the car to last

Here's a would-you-rather question: Would you rather have only power locks or only power windows? Me, I'd rather have just power windows, because I can pull up the lock button when I need to use the other doors, but when I want some air while cruising, it's not exactly safe or easy to reach over to the other side and crank down the window. With that in mind, I have to wonder why older cars would often let you have power locks and manual windows, but not the other way around (i.e. you had to get power locks if you wanted power windows.) Pic related, not my car but grabbed it as an example.

I mean get the part from a yard. If they have your car and the part is in reasonable condition.
I'd have central locking for sure

Thinking about going to check this out tomorrow and possibly pick it up as a beater/daily. The price seems fair compared to other E46 wagons in the area, especially from a dealer with a 30 day warranty. I know the rear subframe can be an issue, but anything else in particular to look out for?

Mercedes - 0 merican 1

compared to thinner wheels of the same size, do wider wheels go further outward, inward, or both equally from the mount point?

I would've thought that it's both inside and outside increase, as the lugs on the rim would be central.

The sticky says the rx8 has high maintenance costs what is that referring to? There are some nice rx8s around me.

>he doesn't know about APEX SEALS
calvin wan would like to have a word with you.

SHOULD I GET a mazdaspeed3?

>thinking about going
>not
>I need this fucking I6 manual RWD hoon wagon right now

That's okay, I've done the same. I daily a manual. Hopped into my parents' automatic to run some errands for them, and went to push in the clutch at a stop light and slammed my foot into the brake. Chirped the tires and hit the horn at the same time. Fucking embarrassing lol

I have little time to fix my own car, what is a trusted brand across or in the southern U.S. for oil changes?

Yeah tell me about it, lucky I was coming to a stop anyway.

Also they're fucking ugly.

shut your whore mouth

The wheel arches are disgusting and the rear end looks like shit. Also, what the fuck is up with that hood? It's like some retarded hipster was brought in to try and spice things up a bit but seriously fucked everything up.

Deal with it.

son if you dont shut your mouth i will shut it for you with my dick

they gon' fuck up ur car

>implying I won't enjoy it

How much of this shit and man power do I have to use to get rid of window water spots?

Use a buffer

Recommend me a cheap one

Electric drill (if you have one) and a buffer attachment

bro get a fucking razor blade.

The dealer

And fucking slit your wrists.

Please though?

btw my dick is a dog dick

I am ok with this

nice

I just wanted to know about rx8 repair costs, I didn't mean for anyone's dick to get sucked.

It's ok, it was going to happen anyway.

user who is threatening dick suckening here, i considered getting an rx8 but it's truly a piece of shit car and you should avoid at all costs. it's quite literally just not worth money. what is the appeal of the rx8 to you, specifically?

whats the furthest distance you've traveled to get a car?

i want a wagon for my next shitbox, and i'd like to get something manual, but it's proving really hard to find any manuals at all within even 250 miles of me.

There are a couple cheap manual ones around my area and I like the way they look. I'm probably just going to buy this sc300 that is haunted by someone's grandma.

How hard is it to sell a non working car?
Im sure it depends on a lot of things, but just in general?

Advance timing until you hear knocking, back off 5 degrees.

If you price it accordingly you can sell it in the hour.
If you try to get your maximum money out you might never sell it.

has anyone here ever done the VVT-i oil replacement for a v6 camry (with the 2GR-FE engine)?

can it be done in an apartment parking lot?

step 1) find out what scrap value for that vehicle in your area is
step 2) list it at that price
vehicle will be gone in a week
whoever buys it can redeem their money by scrapping it
so no hard feelings if it's absolutely fucked

My dealer is back in michigan. My car has over 600k miles

First gear sometimes grinds and is difficult when my truck is running but it's smooth as butter when off

Dude an oil change takes like 20 minutes. You don't have 20 minutes of daylight every 3000 miles to change the oil?

Depends on the offset of each wheel. Have you ever seen something like ET +35 when looking at wheel specs? If the two wheels have the same offset, the wider wheel would "expand" the same outward and inward. If the wider wheel had a more positive or more negative offset, it would "move" more inward or outward respectively.

so close to 17777777

Not having power windows sucks.
>tfw someone comes up to your passenger door to talk and you can't roll down the window

>smooth as butter when off

no shit, nothing's moving. unless your transmission's super fucked then every gear will always feel smooth with the engine off

As for the grinding, just the syncro going out. Look up syncros and how they work

whenever I hop in an automatic every single time I left foot brake on accident because for some reason I think it's the clutch

dump the gearbox oil and refill with ATF to squeeze the last little bit of life out of your worn synchro.
when that stops working, it's time for a rebuild (or go back to ignoring the crunching)

except it's 7k posts off

math genius over here....

Guys I've an aftermarket front bumper RS-like (I thought it looked nice, no hate pls) for the mk1 Ford Focus,
however I cannot find a suitable fog light housing to install.

Do some of you know of a foglight that's around 43mm in diameter? I don't really care as long as it fits the hole.

pic related is the official part for the mk2 focus but I cannot find any specification for it.

on Veeky Forums that's like 3 months kiddo

Do you live in a place where the fog is bad enough to warrant extra lights?
Are you enough of a reasonable human being to not use those motherfuckers in the rain so you don't blind everyone?

Actually yes I do need foggy lights. Here you can't see more than 50m when is real bad.
Also I want to fill those holes, they're pretty unaesthetic.

Hey guys, question. I have a strange shaking in the back of my car, only around 30-35mph. The whole car shakes, and sounds similar to a washing machine. My struts are fine, my tires are new, and I replaced them when I first learned of this problem, and my rear brakes are fine. Any ideas? I'm going for an alignment tomorrow. I drive a 2006 Toyota Avalon.

rear wheel bearings

Should I get an 01 Saturn sl2 or a 94 aura integra
The integra has a ripped cloth seat though

I have hard rubber/plastic flooring in my truck. Can I use a hose to clean the cab? It's dirty as fuck yo and a hose/power washer would make quick work of dried mud. Is there a drain in the cab or something?

>be a n/o/ob
>shopping tires for my trucc
>find X Brand of tire that's the same size as my truck's current tires
>when doing the "See if it fits" on the new tire's website, it tells me it won't fit when I search by vehicle/model
>even though they do sell the exact same size I'm using

wat

Vehicles usually have drain holes, so yours should too. Then again I shouldn't make that assumption given the fact that I'm not psychic and you didn't even think to mention what make and model your truck is. It goes without saying that if you electrical connections in there running along the floor you should remove them along with the upholstery before you proceed.

My truck has it there I accidentally push the air, manual or not, cause I'm so used to my parking brake being there. My feet get confused at first when I hop in a auto tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8-AShpNmsk

This guy thinks riding the clutch is pushing the pedal all the way in while coasting in gear. The users in the comments disagree though, they say riding the clutch is coasting with it at the biting point.

Who is correct? I know it's most likely the users in the comments. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with pushing the clutch in all the way while coasting in gear, provided that you rev match where necessary.

"Riding the clutch" is very understood as having the clutch partially engaged.
Unless the cables/master/slave is fucked, clutch 'bite' to fully engaged is only an inch of pedal travel, leaving a good 2-3-4" to the backstop, where the clutch is not engaged at all.

A clutch pedal fully depressed is not riding the clutch, because the car does not move when in gear.

how do i keep my windshield from getting FUCKING dirty and impossible to see through at night??? I clean it and not a week goes by and it's dirty as fuck. any products or just clean it again?

His poor parents.

Put some kind of cleaner in your windscreen wiper bottle. Squirt as needed.

???

As for water spots, only solution is to clean it when it builds up. There's a lot of 'water spot remover' products that are essentially a polish that removes the dried minerals.

It could also be that you have thousands of micro-chips. Can you see a shitload of specs during sun-strike?

2002 f150

My Stagea RSFour had one. Creeped me out.

Can't recall seeing anything like that but can't be sure either. I'll take a gander tomorrow.

Anyone ever think of putting a competing manufacterer's license plate frame on their car just for laughs? Like an amg plate frame on a bmw

What happens if you upshift 1000rpm past redline?

Looking for some double sided tape that will work well when sticking 2 painted surfaces together. It'll be sticking a painted fiberglass piece to the painted metal body of the car. The fiberglass piece has a little bit of tension pulling it away from the body, but it doesn't require more than 2-3lb of force to push it into place.

I've tried 3M 15lb double sided tape, 3M 30lb double sided tape, and 3M 6mm foam acrylic double sided tape, and none of them have held. I made sure to thoroughly clean the surface with rubbing alcohol shortly before applying the tape. Anyone have any experience with a tape that actually holds, but isn't permanent?

Goodbye clutch

Velcro tape

A few days ago the pickup truck I was driving at work broke down. The fuel pump went out. The mechanic decided to PUSH me back to the shop. He had a bumper with a piece of rubber on the front of his truck. It was only a couple miles but it was scary as hell with no power brakes or steering.

Was this a reckless decision by the mechanic? If someone did something stupid like pulling out in front of me, then I would have never been able to stop with no power brakes.

Why would you want this?

Would a 12 inch tire wear more than a tire that was like 20 inches? Since there is less to be used?

Well not more, i mean faster

Yes, because of the smaller radius it rotates more often to travel the same speed.

E-brake
but yeah, sounds dangerous
shoulda bit the bullet and paid for a tow

just sign up for AAA
you get a free tow and membership is less than a tow normally costs

Meh, I was at work, so it wasn't really my call. I work for the City, so I was kind of surprised by the sorta redneck method. I guess they wanted to save some taxpayer dollars on the tow truck.

Well where was the nearest tow truck?

Are there any cars named after wolves? Of the animal names, would seem like it might fit in somewhere.

can you remove tyres from wheels and put them on new wheels?