What would Veeky Forums want in a Touge simcade game?

What would Veeky Forums want in a Touge simcade game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7aHcWLOPto
youtube.com/watch?v=_dAm_jgh_-s
youtu.be/iR9XhQow1Qc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NPC drivers that behave like actual people

Noted, cheers.

beautiful scenery

cars that somewhat resemble real ones

maybe roads that resemble real ones

Grip being faster than drift.

Appreciate it.

I just want a sim racer with a realistic open world, so I can cruise about in lovely environments and RP autistically.

Noted it down, thanks.

god, me too

and also good fucking customization

everything MDCLA was

Cel shading
Cars from many nationalities, but mainly Japan
Decent modification
Good online
Maybe codrivers?

If possible could you expand on what features constitutes "good customization" for you?

the ability to fuck with your car

custom paint colors and types, variable rim and tire sizes, ride height and camber.

i want to be able to rice my shitbox like its 2003

A variety of cars to try out, including /ourcar/.

There is no such thing as a slow car, only a slow driver.

Realistic physics and handling. Would love an open world simulator.

I assure you /ourcar/ will be included..

Will the game feature Electric Nakazato?

having a good physics model is the most vital part, making it satisfying to drive and preferably making it possible to tune suspension to get desired effects out of cars would be a great thing
on the less expected side of thing, i'd love to have a simcade game that actually does mechanical damage so that you can't win via gliding against guardrails and the like and avoiding contact with other cars actually becomes vaguely important

God no.

Awesome, thank you!

>C06 vs P100D
>the Twungo, because it weighs less than 2000 pounds, takes the corners like a champ
>the Model S, on the other hand, has to slow down because it weighs over two tons
>Model S is running hot since Nakazato has to floor it on the straightaways for a futile pass
>final corner
>Model S is flashing "MALFUNCTION: ENERGY OVERLOAD"
>Nakazato does the eye bulge thing of his and floors it
>it passes the Twungi
>P100 catches on fire
>this plays

youtube.com/watch?v=M7aHcWLOPto

>model S slows down as fast as it sped up, Twungo passes it doing a fully hektik skidd

EUROBEAT

Not this.

A dedicated radio station for eurobeat is to be included.

If people are interested I can update you with progress and additions throughout dvelopment.

Have you got a website or something?

you could make a tumblr
it may sound retarded, but its a good place to make a page for updates

Make it like battle gear.

I do but I'd rather not reveal it for now as the game is not known to the public. I have released a Steam game and have ~16K on Twitter

I'll certainly consider it.

Please, I wish for there to be a few situations where you can JAMPU in the air, and when that happens, there will be a slow motion camera pan focusing on your car. Bonus points if you and you're opponent both JAMPU and both cars are in the shot. I just wanna see the NA Miata (with pop ups up) and the Twingo side by side while doing a fuckhuge jump.

Base model cars, not just the high trims. I've yet to find a 4 door first gen impreza in any racing game.

what said
possibility of racing random cars in freemode (forza horizon rip-off)
either a really big amount of cars or a great customization is a must (preferably both)
but dont just make the customization in a way that it can look either stock or riced as fuck
maybe its just a personal thing, but i really like when racing games have some cheaper cars as an option, not only supercars/icons

that would be annoying as fuck after some time

These boys are correct. Base-model shitboxes please. It tickles my underdog-bone.

Option to have it on or off.

Being able to join a faction/team

forgot to add
possibility of doing anything in freemode that grants you something is also great
other ways of getting cars than buying them (winning it in a race/tourney)
and the two most important things (imo)
B A L A N C E
D I V E R S I T Y
theres no point in having 300 cars in the game, in a game where if you want to be succesful, you are forced to use top 3/5 cars
thats the hardest part, you could fight it with either crazy tuning options or a class system (i might be a forza fanboy)
same with car diversity, whats the point of including every single generation and version of impreza, if you arent even going to include a single BMW?
the second one will really have some impact on marketing, having wagons, hatchbacks, sedans, convertibles etc. will let everyone pick a car they really like, but dont overdo it, if its going to be based on japan, but even then, having some volvos and bmws wouldnt be that irrational and would really please a lot of people

European base models

i've actually drove that road when i was in the Navy and deployed to Sasebo. my crew vehicle was a little toyota (maybe nissan) pick up with 5 on the tree. my Lt let me use it on the weekends for liberty trips into Fukuoka where we'd all get drunk and hook up with Jap sluts. I ended up driving that road after everyone else was still passed out in the hotel one saturday afternoon.

and sorry for my fucking phenomenal sentence build, wanted to spit out some ideas, but it's 4am in my shithole right now and English isn't my native language

Haven't read the entire thread yet but just knowing someone with a release already out there actually asking Veeky Forums for ideas is giving me no less than a three quarter chub

variety in gameplay and scenery is vital for a game like this to become popular, since you're already limiting yourself pretty hard via the japanese street racing scene
have super tight backroads that can only have cat-and-mouse-style chases, have tokyo loop-style highways that allow for 4+ racers to blast around at ridiculously high speeds, have all sorts of roads to allow for all sorts of different, engaging gameplay and preferably create ai that can support these different forms of play rather than having to find friends or random online play for it

THIs and a fairlady z. Op if you are planning on making a game as people suggested, its a big project and its going to be hard unless you have a talented team. But go for it i have faith you can do this

Make a mock tokyo with mountains around it and a long bayshore route to wangan on

Dynamic weather with Mudslides, typhoons, and moon phases.

hippari tires
slamming to the point of scrape
old school kaido racer look
traffic

really just give me retarded customization and decent physics

SLRR but not shit ya dig

This thing.

don't actually add this to your game but i would laugh if there was a game where you're racing and then some asshole ahead bins it and you have to stop and take a smoke break before helping move his piece of shit off the road so you can continue

Wheel support
Realistic handling + good tire and suspension model
Realistic physics (especially important for weight transfer!)
Half decent graphics
Half decent AI
Open world, but if not, in depth, long, technical tracks

and most important of all

A BROAD RANGE OF CARS

ESPECIALLY THE MR2 SW20 TURBO

WHY THE FUCK HASN'T ASSETTO CORSA ADDED AN MR2 YET

ty if you actually make this happen, id buy it

I want a rally sim where you can play a Finnish spectator. It would have FPS controls and only two actions: flip car and "oi oi oi". Basically MSC but you can watch other people crash.

>only two actions: flip car and "oi oi oi"

why are japanese car trends so fucking retarded

needs an air horn and or whistle

and you have to be able to run out and help flip the car back over

the closer you get to passing cars the more rep you get

it started in the 70s

the 70s had a lot of retarded auto trends

Do a dedicated radio station for synthwave, so you can play it while you watch the sun set.

>world of speed is the only online racing game today
what are some others lads
t-there has to be some

Mako-chan...

>Even with 100% stability people will still manage to spin out
There needs to be free range open world exploration and closed circuit racing. So, the streets of rural Nurburg, and the Nurburgring circuit. Also Special Stages from GT would be nice.

A proper story. Doesnt have to be a NYBS novel, but just a reason to do what I'm doing in the game.

Forcing users to use lower end cars for a while, slowly upgrading until the car or engine has hit its limits and it needs to be replaced aswell.

Forget about music in game, just have a way to integrate other media into the game flawlessly.

Yeah, who wouldn't want to drive one of these :^)

If you mean base models you mean something like the Evo Rs, I'm down for it

Actually a great touge car, even as a 318.

if you aren't bullshitting us, you're doing god's work user

Thank you everyone for their ideas, I'm currently compiling all the ideas. I'll post some more general information about the game here shortly if people are interested..

I assure you I'm not, I've been developing games since I was around 9 and a JDM/Touge game was always on the cards, I just never had the experience to develop it. I've been contact with a few large Youtubers about the game.

Just to confirm, I do plan on doing base models etc.

Noice, what will the game be called?

Forza customization but with Asseto Corsa physics and NPC drivers as obstacles. I would love to race the wangan aswell tbch.

Make a landbarge available

Add VR Capability

It may be a gimmick but it works so well with driving sims

I haven't decided as of yet, but as of now it will probably be something like Project: __________ while in development.

This:
nothing is more satisfying than starting from the bottom and moving to the top, you could include a starting amount of money + a shitty car and an open world with prizes for each race (money or car) and dealerships / workshops around the map

for it to not be simcade

Cheers, added it to noted.

>realistic damage
>only pre-1999 jdm cars
>optional VHS filter
>track editor

Yeah and of those cars I would especially want to have the 4 door Toyotas done well.

>realistic damage
Attempting to make it as realistic as possible.
>only pre-1999 jdm cars
Yes, this is confirmed.
>optional VHS filter
I'll consider it.
>track editor
The game is open world, but it is a possibility.

this
>realistic damage, so any harder bump is game over
>simcady driving model - something like grid or dirt 2/3 so you can be autismo and go full sim but still can enjoy it with a kb or a controller
>no tier system - similar to underground 2 where you can make any car competitive with a few simple mods

Here is the confirmed car list thus far for 80s hatchbacks, you are free to edit it with suggestions.

Make the UI look like a VHS timestamp.

Do something with the perception of speed. In assetto Corsa everything Just feels so slow. Something like increasing fov maybe? Also bosozoku

March Super Turbo brah

Also Sunny B11 if also Pulsar N12

>bosozoku
I'll definitely consider it, I understand it's influence on the JDM scene, but I think a lot of players would ridicule it etc due to it's absurdities.

Great idea, added this to notes.

If it's open world and multiplayer, surely it'll just descend into wagan racers vs boso and we all know how that went last time

i think lighting plays a huge part in creating an atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=_dAm_jgh_-s

The whole game is to take place at night, I have a great lighting and graphics engineer on board.

Cheers, added these.

prius

I fucking love you

I'm a big fan of synthwave, this will certainly be added.

How are you gonna pay licensing costs?
Are you gonna make a kickstarter?

He could release it with GTA style placeholders and then a 'mod' under a different name

Glad you like the lineup :)

Not using the brand/model name, but something extremely similar.
Kickstarter is a possibility, it depends on the demand.

SOUND for the love of god SOUND. Not just the same generic video game car engine drone, the tyre squeal loop where you can hear it restart. basically do the opposite of gran turismo.

Put as much detail in as humanly possible. I appreciate it may be impossible to find accurate recordings of a 30 year old shitbox honda but i'd prefer a great sounding if not true engine over generic brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrchoochoobrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jesus, these replies from OP seem way too good to be true for a game.
Any info source where I can subscribe to infos to the game? (devblog, newsletter, twitter, e.g.)?

Also for game ideas:

Not as of now as the game hasn't been confirmed to the public, however once it is I'll post about it here. I do have a Twitter but I'd rather keep it private for now until the game is confirmed.

You know those designs are copyrighted too eh

I need to research the legalities of usage in more detail.

>realistic physics
>not exclusively JDM cars
>realistic engine sounds
>car customization, performance upgrades etc.
>not exclusively set in japan (other countries have mountain passes too, think about those rally style hillclimb events like video related)
youtu.be/iR9XhQow1Qc

>open world without invisible walls
>instanced racetracks
>can go offroad, get into driveways of houses
>stock cars with open diff
>winter-tires, off-road tires
>rallycross in shitboxes
>good visibility on single-monitor setups

>>open world without invisible walls
so it's either set in a city inside a crater or you want him to model the entire planet?