How to distinguish v6 from v8 muscle cars bros?

how to distinguish v6 from v8 muscle cars bros?

camaro: latest gen has vertical front lights with ss badges on both front and rear

mustang: gt badge on the rear and 5.0 on the side

challenger: either a bee/392/hellcat badges on the side

do bros have any other "little" details to set apart a v8? whether it be badges/body configurations/exterior add ons etc

hardmode: how to spot a manual with out looking into the windshield?

thankx

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgpAOeO_pL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tailpipes are usually a giveaway, V8 models usually have larger and rifled pipes.

Sometimes by sound. But you do have to train your ears in order to know the difference

No you don't... You can blind test 100's of people and they'll know the difference. It's a night and day difference.

any tips on how to notice the differences?

Proof?

R/T or T/A badging also differentiates the v8s from the v6s

This was the best example I could find
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgpAOeO_pL8

On stock pipes, you'd only be able to tell them apart at wot. And most people associate louder with faster, so they would think a V6 with flowmasters would be the V8 compared to a stock exhaust.

Proof? Go outside and listen... One sounds like a minivan or crossover one sounds like a V8... You can't make a V6 sound like a american V8.

No. Even at idle it's pretty easy to tell. The V8 has a rumble to it the V6 has more of a purr. When you see and hear hundreds of these car's every day it's easy to tell.

i've come to the conclusion: if it sounds japanese its not a v8

however here is where my theory fails: euro imports sounds totally fukin strange and some have v8s

But not to a teenage girl on her phone or a balding middle age man looking for a status symbol.
They most likely won't tell them apart

>if it sounds japanese its not a v8

1uz and vh45 here

how to know you have autism, not knowing what a fucking v8 sounds like

I bet most american autists or borderline retarded kids could tell the difference. I think it's all the V6 muscle car owners trying to make themselves feel better.

then why is op making this thread? its not fucking hard but besides the engine note i rather not educate autists anymore than the internet has made it possibpe for them. their natural habitat is their nothers basement not terrorizing the rest of us with their bullshit in regular society

not with the mustang at least, i've heard both and the v6 is a quiet, boring sound, the v8 is constantly grumbly-shouty. i expect the other 2 have it the same.

Who cares? None of you niggers can afford a zl1, gt350r, or a hellcat. Stick with your 3k civic

LS3 with bi-modal here.
People can tell if bi-modal is on or if revs rise above about 2000. Also on start up regardless if bi-modal is on or not

V6/ecoboost mustang has smaller exhaust tips than the gt

T I R E S
I
R
E
S

> challenger: either a bee/392/hellcat badges on the side

Or supercharged, hemi, r/t on the side. There is a shitload of variants.

>how to distinguish v6 from v8
Look at the engine

I race it. If I win it must be a Camaro, Mustang or Challenger in any trim.

Brakes and rotors, if badges are removed

who gives a shit if they can tell them apart.

v6 mustang has the stripes behind the horse on the rear emblem

Aside from badging.
15-17 GTs with pp wheels will probably have a 6 speed unless the owner swapped them.
The GT will have heat extractors in the hood.
GT has a different styled Grille with honey comb and bars.

Stock exhaust is pretty muted but with any aftermarket there's pretty much no question what your sitting next to.

>pull alongside
>it's a nigger
>those tires are on 24" deep dishes painted blue to match the car
>still a v6

>still caring about the manual vs automatic meme in 2017

easiest way to tell: is there a woman driving? if so, it's a v6.

best thing you can do is pay all the middle of the road sports cars drivers no mind and become a vettebro.

Makes me sad every time I hear v6 turbo formula 1 cars now. Even at 20,000rpm, they still sound like meh.

Is that supposed to look like a showroom princess?

see
V8 gurgles and rumbles a lot more. The engine is lower pitch. 4 cylinders are higher pitched and buzzy. V6 is probably the hardest to tell but it falls between the two, it's more vroomy.

>how to spot a manual with out looking into the windshield?
If they sit at a stop light and you don't see the brake lights. Or if the brake lights go away and the car doesn't immediately start moving. Also you can tell from the outside when the car is shifting.

>best thing you can do is pay all the middle of the road sports cars drivers no mind and become a vettebro.
>tfw no ecoboost corvette

The exhaust note.

t. V6 crossover driver

Not intentionally? I daily it into a mine on gravel roads, I probably should have mud flaps if anything.

An ecoboost vette would actually be really cool. A RWD American tuner.

>mfw seen a qt at school drive a convertible stang
>mfw the stang is most popular amongs women

lmao

doge and chebby won

Which cuck machine is yours?