/tbcg/ - The Burning Crusade General

Most recent update for Warmane
forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=353261

>what is this?
Similar to /elyg/ this is a general specifically for World of Warcraft private servers running The Burning Crusade expansion.

>servers
-Warmane's Outland (5x exp, cash shop opening after previous tier is on farm) launching May 20th.

-Burning Crusade (1x no p2w) moving into open beta phase soon. Gummy's project has no release date and will be hosted in North America (New York)

>Where can I get game clients?
Warmane.com/download

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist isn't in read only mode. If this fails download your client from a new website

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=243&mid=1179119527316470
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for join pupper pals

Shills have taken over.

PUPPERS

>cash shop opening after previous tier is on farm

Reminder that this is a lie, they said the same for icecrown and Shadowmourne was bought by people before Ulduar came out, dont fall for this scam-server.

Daily reminder you're all wasting your time because Legacy Servers will be announced at Blizzcon 2017 and you're all so disillusioned by your hate for blizzard that you're refusing to believe it.

Xth for tfw people are nice while leveling

tfw some edgy high level UD rogue fails to gank you because he couldn't keep up with based Pusuit of Justice.

website down?

nein

I tried rolling warrior but I'm really worried that I cant get into it enough and am worried I'll be burnt out on the game before hitting 70. Please advise

Roleplay that you hate yourself and you hope that the more you level your warrior the closer you are to killing yourself.

Its what im doing.

Ituh is the biggest retard I've ever met

i cant stop ganking alliance in stv

i am the monster i once despised

warrior is amazing, you're siq in pvp, you get the coolest gear, end game is where it gets amazing

Traitors Among Us still not fixed.

WAARMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE

I can't play PVP unfortunately because I'm on 300-400 ping. My concern is getting to level cap will make me not want to play the game anymore. I looked up and gear online and I have to admit I kind of prefer the sets from WotLK.

Also Warmanes website is showing 13k online while the server is down in client, heh.

is warmane even worth trying? im waiting for kronos tbc server

Yes, its very good for a TBC server but not worth unless you're NA or you've donated 10 Euros to skip the que

what's the point in waiting for ares? kronos is still testing Naxx and warmane is 5x

if you can suck up the cash shop scam and just not use it then you'll have ablast and leveling isnt a HUGE investment.

if you only care about pvp just skip because cash gear fucks pvp hard

whats this cash shop meme? is this custom gear? or them selling actual epics?

did you read the op

>cash gear fucks pvp hard
Do you seriously think that a lot of people are gonna buy a full set of gear at 20€ a piece?

Yes

That's not the case if you compare to Warmane's other servers. It's super obvious when a player has bought their PvP set because they're always dogshit, although you probably fall into that category so you wouldn't be able to tell.

I'm not bad though. I've never even played any warmane servers, I'm just here to shitpost.

I'm considering trying it out with a few friends of mine, but I need something to convince them with. Does TBC do anything different than vanilla before 60? Like reworked talents, new spells etc. Also OP should link some good TBC resources in the sticky like elyg has.

Every class spec is viable in TBC

Is that true? I might give it a shot then

Thats good to know but what Im wondering is if I leveled a paladin from 1 to 60 on vanilla and then jump over to this one.

Will the 1-60 experience be completely identical? If not, what changes are there?

To a point.
Disc isn't great in pve.
Enhancement isn't great till later tiers.
Warlocks are pretty much only SL/SL in pvp.
Warlocks are pretty much only SM/Ruin in pve.
Feral was pretty much just for tanking in pve.
Rogues are typically mutilate in 2s/combat in 3s, sub wasn't a serious thing.
etc etc sure I missed many examples

It's basically the same but if you're used to a 1-60 pally then you will fucking LOVE hitting lvl 50 and getting crusader strike in the TBC talent tree

And you're more viable and get movement speed while leveling in addition to cool shit like +3% crit on any target you've judged (for everyone attacking it)

Shattered Halls are ez pez because mobs are bugged and you cannot pull the whole group at once.

source?

How to AFK without being kicked? In-game or char select menu?

I remember getting a 'Session Expired' when in the select menu before.

Did lindi play in convulsion on feenix vanilla?

Considering it's a private server already enabling literal P2W status and then expecting nobody to take it is an absurd delusion.

Everyone with the disposable income to P2W, is going to P2W.

I have disposable income but I choose to save it. Only ever donated 10€ to bypass the queue. Ez debunk.

I've played on Frostwolf, the pop isn't huge but 90% of them only PvP and it's very fucking rare to see somebody appear out of nowhere with full Prideful.

are there any good cata pvp oriented servers?

>cata pvp
kill yourself

Is pickpocket runs still a thing in TBC? pls respond

>tfw too smart to play on shitty private server and just waiting for retail legacy instead.

t. nonrogue
just reroll lmao

Answer myself wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=243&mid=1179119527316470

Useless cucks.

>paying for vidya

>John, 16 years old.

>Steve, a wage slave.

>warmane
>Gryphons are bugged, killing any horde player who gets near.
epic server

you forgot the le pepee frog face

>roll a rogue
>tons of fun because haven't played as one since tbc
>fuckton of other rogues
>never needed for dungeons
>can't be healbro or tankbro while leveling
>wanna roll a priest or a paladin
>fuck
Wat do /tbcg/?

just afk in bgs to gear up lmao.
true blizzlike experience

literal greenies are doing kara, makes you think

Faction balance as its finest.

>Available PvE content will be cleared in a week
>Cash shop opens
>Queues get even slower

It's all going according to plan.

No idea. My first interaction with him was on lord, though I've heard people knew of him before then. Not a bad player, but arrogance was his downfall.

Idk man, holding an entire guild hostage on a DOA server for months on end, just to end the guild after an attempted brutally terrible scripted naxx. You have to have some level of mental domination and fortitude to control people that easily.

:^)

Haven't played there, but doesn't the attunement require you to have flying? How did 10 people get flying so fast, especially on a 5x server where gold is very scarce due to leveling speed? Or is there a meme on the server about capped bonus gold from quests? Or a bigger meme where warlocks can summon to bot/arc/mech platforms, which wasn't a thing during t4 patch time. I've also heard that curator was downed 1st try by guildies in quest/normals gear, was that just a meme, or is the scaling toned way the fuck down for raids (or worse, don't work correctly)?

>5x
>hit 70 in zangarmarsh
>continue questing and have 5k gold by the time you enter SMV
lmao dude have you ever even played tbc before.

Prince hits for 700

Cata PVP mechanically was pretty sound with only a rare few outliers.

Numbers tuning and Dragon Soul gear were what fucked it up.

kys cata infant

Played since 1.4.

Cata's class mechanics were sound. It was the numbers that were off.

sure thing catababb

almost anyone can do kara in pre nerf, literally anyone can do 2.4.3. it's like doing mc in 1.12 easy as fuck.
warlock can summon people up there unless they went in and fixed it, which i doubt.

Name 2 things wrong with Cata class mechanics that don't involve numbers or gear.

I'll even give you a freebie: Imp Soulfire.

i saw the stream, they downed curator without any issues whatso ever. no one died. pathetic dps too. they cleared kara afaik. saw a ret paladin on stream just now with the epic 2hander.

lmao kara on molten is post post nerf

link ffs

no shit, can you read?

Not at 5x casual mode, which is why I questioned about the conversion of exp into gold rate. I wasn't sure if it was absurd, but if it's the right amount for capped players, then nearly 18g a quest, and 25 for grp quests, is certainly feasible. Another instance was 1x on HG reboot, where people were getting flying extremely suspiciously fast, so it was just cynicism.

Huh.

just go on youtube and look for warmane streams? its a guild called Surge, some russian druid was the guy streaming

>almost anyone can do kara in pre nerf,

Yeah didn't think so faggot.

>cata pvp
lmao kys catababby

>literally anyone can do it in 2.4.3

>t. revisionist
lmao kid

Can't seem to find anything related to that. Lot of PTR stuff, and other servers, but most streams on YT are just leveling and instances, no raids. Was there no VoD?

Nvm, heard source was on twitch, which was banned, no one saved the VoD afaik. Rip evidence.

hmm how convenient

Modding ftw

Epic /b/rother.
forskaken ftw ^^

Patience
and
Discipline

>that one rogue that just camps Rebel camp in STV

what went wrong in this persons childhood to warrant such behavior.
God I can't wait till I'm 70 so I can rape Grom'Gol

Playing as Alliance is some dark souls level shit.

orcs are my favourite race but I do love being the underdog

Outlands is a nightmare for alliance.
The server is probably 1:6 now but most alliance will reroll and it will be 1:10 in 2 weeks
LOOL

>This fucking 3 hour queue
What the fuck

Severs about to restart in 8 minutes, get ready to skip it.

You mean 56/44 you goy? :^)

Server resetting in 8 minutes

They are restarting the server like every 6 hours, really makes you think if they're fishing for dem vip passes...

It gets to 13k online and 2k in queue in less than 5minutes after the restart, really makes you think, huh?

Should I just drop queue and try again in 8min or will it automatically log me in when the server resets? Its been so long since ive experienced a queue I forget

Server is down now, just now keep trying to spam log in

reee?

How long is the realm down for?

they said it would only be down for as long as the restart takes.

a lot of nerds are playing, it wouldn't surprise me if every single one that got disconnected is spamming to log in
it's wow we're talking about here

>believing in the counter that doesn't move

woah molten must be really good